It was announced earlier this month that AMC had ordered a companion television series to run alongside their hit show THE WALKING DEAD, and now, thanks TVLine, we may have the breakdown for each character that will be appearing in the new series:
– SEAN CABRERA: A Latino male in his early 40s, Sean is a good man trying to do right by everyone in his life.
– CODY CABRERA: Sean’s whip-smart and rebellious teenage son. Known as the angriest kid in town.
– NANCY TOMPKINS: A thirty-something single mom to two kids, Nancy looks like the girl next door, but there’s an edge to her.
– NICK TOMPKINS: Nancy’s screwed-up teenage son. He’s too old to stay home, too scared to flee.
– ASHLEY TOMPKINS: Nancy’s mostly level-headed teenage daughter. Her ambition is in direct proportion to her older brother’s failures. She loves her mom but it’s time to get out of Dodge.
– ANDREA CHAPMAN: A somewhat wilted flower child, forty-something Andrea — yep, another Andrea! — has retreated to the outskirts of the city to recover after a horrible marriage.
The new series is said to be wholly original and will include characters that have never appeared within any THE WALKING DEAD media before. It’s been rumored that this companion series will be a prequel to the main show, highlighting the events that happened while Rick Grimes was still in a coma (as seen in Season 1, Episode 1). It seems like AMC is taking a page out of TellTale’s THE WALKING DEAD: THE VIDEO GAME book, introducing never-before-seen characters into the same dissolute world that’s been overrun by death and destruction.
No release date for the new series has been announced yet, though production is set to begin late this year.