1. Read the forums Terms and Rules before posting for the first time.
2. Search the other posts to see if your topic is already covered. Click here to see how to perform a much more efficient search yielding you better results.
3. Use a meaningful title for your thread and also follow our guidelines when creating new threads for any new titles that are posted. Click here for examples of proper titles.
4. Do not use the forum to promote your service or business. Also do not post links to any forums outside of our own. They will be removed by a moderator if spotted.
5. Be civil. Personal differences should be handled through PM and not through posts displayed to everyone.
6. Stay on topic.
7. Ignore spammers, respond to them personally and not through the board, or report them.
8. Do not submit a post that requires readers to download a large attachment. Either explain the attachment or, better yet, provide a link to the information.
9. Use plain text over HTML if you want your post to be readable by everyone.
10. In order to be understood by most people, use correct spelling, grammar and avoid slang unless you know the word or phrase will be understood by other members.
11. Do not double post (post the same message twice in one thread) or cross post (place the same message across several forums).
12. Act in a give and take manner; help others as often as or more than you ask for help.
13. Do not use all caps or SHOUT in your posts. In addition, one exclamation point is enough.
14. When replying to a post, do not quote images from the previous post and if you do, put them within a spoiler tag.
15. Do not post new problems on someone else's thread and interrupt a topic of discussion.
16. Do not use someone else’s thread for a private conversation.
17. Most forums prohibit warez, cracks or illegal downloading of software and similar topics.
18. Watch your sense of humor, posts may be read by people from a variety of backgrounds and ages.
19. Do not use a huge and annoying signature, a modest signature is fine, moderators may remove large ones anyway. Links to your trade thread are fine but links to other forums outside of HDN are not.
20. Do not post any information that you want private. Posts should not contain personal, identifiable information or content embarrassing to others. Tracking numbers should also be kept private to safeguard against interception.
21. Do not post content that violates a copyright.
22. Do not post ”empty” or useless responses, such as just ”lol” or ”cool.” Only post responses when you have something to contribute.
23. Write concisely and do not ramble.
24. Do not use words like ”urgent” or ”important” in your subject line, be patient.
25. Do not chastise newbies.