#001 Looper (Variant edition) (Mondo Blu-ray SteelBook) (WEA Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: February 24, 2015
Purchase link: Variant edition
Price: 34.99 Variant
Group Buy: Drum18 or Biscuitnoir

World Exclusive Art: Yes
Units: 2044 Variant
Finish: Mixed Gloss and Satin

Some of the features of the VARIANT Blu-ray SteelBook:
•Mondo X SteelBook series #001
•Gold variant sleeve sans credits (no credits) individually numbered out of 2044 with a gold bar sticker
•A loving treatment of the art created by Martin Ansin with extra details by the artist himself
•Disc art created specifically for this SteelBook release. Featuring an exact replica of the watch from the movie with rich colour tones
•The timelines are separated by detailed gloss and satin combined complex metallic layering
•Highly detailed metallic effect
•Each piece has been personally designed by Mondo and SteelBook from the front cover to the discs
•Packaged in a translucent sleeve with Mondo X SteelBook branding

00.jpg

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg 10.jpg

Exclusive HDN Preview Video

Last edited:
I think this looks fantastic. The front artwork is superb. Even though it's region locked I will still have to get this for the great artwork. The only let down is the back, it's a little plain for me but everything else is spot on.:)

Some pics of the Looper Regular and Variant editions. Unfortunately the variant has a couple of small scratches below, but other than that they look very good. While the inside art/discs are the same, I found these two editions more distinct than Boyhood Mondo (more specifically the slips themselves). This time the numbering has been typed not handwritten.

Also note: numbering is on the wrap around the steelbook, not the slip, which is ridiculous if you want to open the steelbook and keep, so remember to peel this off the wrap and attach to your slipcover and not throw out by mistake!

hrg6me.jpg

2ufg87o.jpg

f2216g.jpg

30ljot0.jpg

24vt8vn.jpg

Last edited:
really like it, but I couldn't believe the UPC sticker was stuck on the slip while the numbered sticker was stuck on the plastic wrapping. And the plastic wrapping itself was low quality compared to Boyhood's.

Very disappointed by this collection. Unless a great title I think it was my last one...
I like this one but it's very expensive (especially when you're not from Canada) for a not extraordinary quality or contents, and it's locked :LOL:
And yes @blumaster , put the UPC sticker on the slip and the numbered on the plastic, seriously ? I can't believe that, so stupid...

Reactions: bonakaze