Release date: July 28th, 2015
Purchase link: Target.com
Price: $24.99
Group buy: apsmith21
Notes: Region Free.

f1.png

f2.pngf5.pngf6.pngfg31.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The only reason i asked you to open the second copy was that i wanted a mint one. Unacceptable to me is paint chips and scratches all over the back lol. Your taking rubbish and you know it, I took a gamble on your GB and lost, so forget it. If i thought you was a retailer for one second i would of slapped a pay-pal claim on you, but i haven't. I didn't even message you about the second damaged steelbook, was willing to say nothing and put it down as bad luck.

The only reason i asked you to open the second copy was that i wanted a mint one. Unacceptable to me is paint chips and scratches all over the back lol. Your taking rubbish and you know it, I took a gamble on your GB and lost, so forget it. If i thought you was a retailer for one second i would of slapped a pay-pal claim on you, but i haven't. I didn't even message you about the second damaged steelbook, was willing to say nothing and put it down as bad luck.

Appreciate the honest feedback, and glad to say we won't be working together ever again. :rolleyes:

Reactions: bonakaze
Got this from an ebay seller. looked perfect until I opened it. There is not a single edge that is not scratched to shite. :cry:

this is one of my personal grails so I guess I'll be shopping for a new one. :(

Bud, no joke at all ... I opened 25 of these ... (for something in due time people will know about) and no joke all 25 had an issue somewhere. The best ones were simply the back corner had some rub off paint ... that was the best case. I was a bit surprised it was like that on 25 of 25 steels.

I think you will be lucky to get one without damage, they look mint until you open them.
Purchased two from the GB, both got paint chips and scratches on the back of them. Mondo's quality control is **** and you can't send them back if you got them in a group buy. I have purchased about 10 mondo steelbooks over the past 2 months and only got two that didn't have any damage on them. They are Made in Mexico, say no more.

1) Has nothing to do with Mondo quality control. They are simply the art house behind the artwork. the QC would fall on either Scanavo's manufacturer or and most often the replicator level. I've seen first hand where the middle man causes a lot of issues at packing, lastly it could be retailer but in this case no unless perhaps your plastic slip is either sliced or smashed.

2) "Discs made in mexico"

And btw ... I have NEVER EVER been allowed to return any opened media to stores in the USA. So you really are simply ******** on a person's hard work to help you when you open a package and its damaged to any extent underneath. You would have had the same experience if you lived in the USA and ordered blindly as well. If its not visible while sealed its hard to blame a Group Buy host. And since you cant return the item once open how could it possibly be any different then you ordering yourself?

Maybe some folks have better luck than me but the few times I tried an open return for reasons many years ago I got shut down so quick it was obviously apparent to never try again.

First off, i am not blaming anyone, have put it down to bad luck, there is clearly QC problem with this steelbook as Wreck has stated. The slips where in mint condition no slicing or smashed, the damage was under the slips. The QC falls on Mondo in my eyes, they are selling the items and the items have been damaged from the production stage i.e Scanavos. I haven't been collecting for that long, but this year alone there have been many problems across the forums regarding damaged items at the production stage, now as steelbook retailers or producers (Mondo) should be a where of this and do there own QC.

First off, i am not blaming anyone, have put it down to bad luck, there is clearly QC problem with this steelbook as Wreck has stated. The slips where in mint condition no slicing or smashed, the damage was under the slips. The QC falls on Mondo in my eyes, they are selling the items and the items have been damaged from the production stage i.e Scanavos. I haven't been collecting for that long, but this year alone there have been many problems across the forums regarding damaged items at the production stage, now as steelbook retailers or producers (Mondo) should be a where of this and do there own QC.

Well not Mondo ... they arent selling it. Just branded as such. By your thoughts ... it would be Target, who are selling it.

Reactions: apsmith21
So come on @Wreck , why would open 25 knowing that you can't take them back? You must be well and truly out of pocket. Or maybe you just resealed them for your GB which is it.

Bud, no joke at all ... I opened 25 of these ... (for something in due time people will know about) and no joke all 25 had an issue somewhere. The best ones were simply the back corner had some rub off paint ... that was the best case. I was a bit surprised it was like that on 25 of 25 steels.

:wow::OMG::D:thumbs:
Damn, I should've held off on buying this then (n)

Lol get him to sign over the paint chips if you can. I bet you have a mint copy. You answer isn't very good to be honest, why would you open them, weeks before mondo con, surely you would open them on the day you was there, keeping them nice and fresh for signing. You opened them because you was checking for damage, because you knew there was a issue with them. Getting 25 steelbooks signed with damage makes no sense, all you going to get is comebacks from selling them.

Lol get him to sign over the paint chips if you can. I bet you have a mint copy. You answer isn't very good to be honest, why would you open them, weeks before mondo con, surely you would open them on the day you was there, keeping them nice and fresh for signing. You opened them because you was checking for damage, because you knew there was a issue with them. Getting 25 steelbooks signed with damage makes no sense, all you going to get is comebacks from selling them.

Since when has being a Ninja ever made sense? The method to my madness is ..... well, madness. YOLO.

It will all make fantastical sense when you see ... the madness.

Reactions: tridon and bonakaze
I think we should get back on topic here, obviously issues will pop up with groupbuys and bad copies but other peopls subscribe to this thread to discuss the release

thanks

Reactions: apsmith21