#008 The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray Mondo x SteelBook) (Target Exclusive) [USA]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: July 28, 2015
Purchase link: The Thing (Mondo SteelBook)
Price: $24.99
Group buy: apsmith21
Note: Region free

Hidefninja.com Exclusive article

Beauty-Shot-the-thing-mondo.jpg

TheThingSleevepic.jpg

Attachments

• thing1.jpg
    thing1.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 948
  • thingfront1.jpg
    thingfront1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 889
Last edited by a moderator:
I received mine today in the Amazon JP style corrugated cardboard mailer. The package made it safely, no damage due to shipping, but every steel had some kind of damage.

The Thing is definitely awesome. I think it's my favorite Mondo steelbook so far. The slip on mine is kind of messed up though. There's a big vertical wave going through the right side of the front side.

Reactions: Wreck
really do hate target at times... Flash and Shaun turned up fine, but instead of The Thing, i received a copy of Home! (n):angry::facepalm:

Your not the only one who's said that. been reading quite a few posts across various problems that people recieved Home instead of The Thing

IT issue apparently

Very pleased with the look of this one. Love the back image choice/font on the slip too. And that they stuck John Carpenter's on the spine. Might be my favorite of the bunch! :p:thumbs:

Has anyone else noticed the 'Man is the warmest place to hide' tagline on the bottom (base) of the steelbook?? Similar to the Spanish text on the top of the Pan's Labyrinth Mondo steelbook, this is a nice little hidden Easter Egg...

Reactions: Andycadle84
Received my copy of this today thanks to the great groupbuy! Thanks @digitalbabe and @apsmith21!

My thoughts on the steel itself:

All details I already knew from the pics. Feel more educated to comment now that I've seen it in hand

Beautiful steelbook. I love the detail on the bottom edge of the steelbook. I'm undecided on the back. The back of the steel is plain but not at least its not just a solid colour. I like that the image carries over to the back slightly. The back of the slip has more to it, which is good and bad. The image doesnt go with the style of the collection, but it somewhat makes up for the plain back. Seems like the final aspect that they need to work on for future Mondo X steels.

Reactions: apsmith21
I received mine today in the Amazon JP style corrugated cardboard mailer. The package made it safely, no damage due to shipping, but every steel had some kind of damage.

The Thing is definitely awesome. I think it's my favorite Mondo steelbook so far. The slip on mine is kind of messed up though. There's a big vertical wave going through the right side of the front side.

I think all the Things that I ordered had that too on the slip.

Reactions: blumaster