#009 Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Variant (Mondo x SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: June 30th, 2015
Purchase link: Terminator 2: Judgment Day Variant Mondo X SteelBook
Price: $32.99
Group Buy: Drum18 or biscuitnoir
Notes: Variant is printed on the steelbook, NOT on the sleeve.

Some of the features of the SKYNET 1997 version Blu-ray SteelBook:

-Custom foil microchip sticker
-Zero credit sleeve to let the art shine through
-8 page art booklet
-Mondo X SteelBook™ series #009
-Art created by Mondo artist Tom Whalen
-Rugged satin finish
-Deep white layers that make the metal shine through (like it's under the skin)

HDN exclusive article:
https://www.hidefninja.com/2015/06/...eelbook-is-009-in-the-mondo-x-steelbook-line/

HDN Exclusive Teaser Video

00.jpg

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can Bestbuy release the other Terminator movies in Mondo. It looks good in my collection if I have the complete Terminator movies.
Hope in the future, if the movies are in series like star wars, back to the future, jurasic park, etc. they should released it in series not just one movie in a series. It's nice to see them if they are complete.

Can Bestbuy release the other Terminator movies in Mondo. It looks good in my collection if I have the complete Terminator movies.
Hope in the future, if the movies are in series like star wars, back to the future, jurasic park, etc. they should released it in series not just one movie in a series. It's nice to see them if they are complete.
There might be a Mondo steelbook for the first Terminator film one day but I wouldn't get your hopes up for a Terminator 3 steelbook. With Mondo it isn't about having the full set and things being complete and whatnot. Only the more iconic films get the Mondo treatment. For example, we've got a steelbook for First Blood but I'd be surprised if we got steels for the sequels. Likewise we'll probably see Mondo steelbooks for Alien and Aliens but we won't see Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection. Same goes for Halloween, Predator and Robocop. There are a lot of sequels that we're all fond of that just aren't really worthy of that Mondo treatment, you know?

Now in the case of Star Wars (original trilogy) and Back to the Future there'll most probably be steelbooks for each film as they are all one story essentially - they all feel of a piece. Nolan's Batman trilogy is another series where it's feasible that we'll get a steelbook for each film. But again... when it comes to something like the Jurassic Park franchise there won't be a steelbook for The Lost World and Jurassic Park 3.

If you want to have complete series' of films in steelbook form then it's best that you learn this now really - it isn't going to happen when it comes to Mondo's steelbooks. That's just the reality of it.