Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: October 27th, 2015
Purchase link: Best Buy.ca
Price: $24.99
Group Buy: Drum18 or biscuitnoir
Notes: * Could be region A locked or region free * (see augustus post here for details)
Limited to 4000.

Official Hi-Def Ninja announcement:
Click here for all the details

BeautyShotnew.png

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg06.jpg07.jpg

Official Hi-Def Ninja preview video:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not seen this film. When Mondo #012 was revealed to be Nightcrawler, I thought it sounded like an 80's horror flick just in time for Halloween. Red seems to be a popular colour in the Mondo X SteelBook series. Still looks great. Can't wait to add it to my collection.

https://www.hidefninja.com/2015/09/29/nightcrawler-blu-ray-mondo-x-steelbook-012/

I'm pretty sure its region locked FYI. Order with that in mind to avoid disappointment.

From Nausicaa on Movieforums who has the current Canadian Blu-ray release.

"It says Region A on the box but it actually plays in Region B players".

Unless they've redone the disc specifically for this Steelbook and locked it to Region A, then it will surely be the same disc as before, other than its new artwork. The current edition was released as recently as February of this year, so it wouldn't be cost effective to tinker with its specifications solely for the purpose of region locking it.

Don't forget that the Mondo "Pan's Labyrinth" also stated that it was Region A locked but it turned out to be the same Region Free disc as before.

Unless they've redone the disc specifically for this Steelbook and locked it to Region A, then it will surely be the same disc as before, other than its new artwork. The current edition was released as recently as February of this year, so it wouldn't be cost effective to tinker with its specifications solely for the purpose of region locking it.

Don't forget that the Mondo "Pan's Labyrinth" also stated that it was Region A locked but it turned out to be the same Region Free disc as before.
Tx for the clarification. Added info to OP. :)

I hope so. I was told Locked tho.

Very nice! I really love that Best Buy Canada is getting most/many Mondo releases. Nothing like taking a quick detour after work to hand-pick a mint copy of the newest Mondo steels :thumbs:, although I am very grateful for @apsmith21's hard work shipping out BB US Mondo steels.

I haven't purchased every Mondo release, but numbers 11 and 12 definitely look like winners to me.

Thanks to @tridon for the excellent article giving us more insight into how these came to be. Although I can't get behind every title that has been released to far, it's definitely the line of steels I have been the most excited about this past year. I especially love the clever way the slips are included in the art

Disappointing. Film was a one off watch for me, the art on the UK edition is better than this "imo"

Have to agree with you, when I heard there was going to be a nightcrawler mondo I thought I'll have to pick it up at some point but I've just seen the art and it looks terrible.
I'll stick with my UK version and wait for in hand photos of the novamedia version to see what that's like

Reactions: StifflersDad
this will be one of those that you need in hand to fully appreciate the beauty of the steelbook..less than a week to go and that's it for MondoX in Canada for 2015!

Reactions: Drum18