Purchase link: Target
Price: $19.99
Group buy: apsmith21
In stores, limited qty online

HDN Exclusive article here

rsz_rd_front.png

rsz_2rd_back.pngrsz_rd_insidewithdisc.png

Last edited by a moderator:

You did see Dave that Zavvi is getting this as well, right? Should have a region B disc from them!

I'm with you @Flloydo, I even created a thread requesting it be moved under the proper section but got shot down.

Problem is, minute we do that, google doesn't index us as well with a subforum like that. Makes no sense to do that when HDN is looking to have a higher steelbook awareness in general. ;)

You'll also note that the Mondo forum is a special case as it's the only discussion forum where group buys are allowed to be held as well. :)

You did see Dave that Zavvi is getting this as well, right? Should have a region B disc from them!

Problem is, minute we do that, google doesn't index us as well with a subforum like that. Makes no sense to do that when HDN is looking to have a higher steelbook awareness in general. ;)

You'll also note that the Mondo forum is a special case as it's the only discussion forum where group buys are allowed to be held as well. :)

I did indeed Andy mate, just hoping Zavvi do it properly with clear slip and removable ratings logos :)

Is there any word on what extras will be on the disc? The UK Blu-ray of Reservoir Dogs had a lot more special features than the US one, and it'd suck if the Zavvi disc will end up being superior.

Just wondering, what are people in the US doing for these target releases? (13 and 14). I am considering preordering it online but I would rather go in store and make sure they don't have any dents or imperfections. But I also don't want to miss out on these if these are very limited quantity on release (like 3 per store or some bs like that). Just wanted your guys perspectives as I am new to collecting steels and other blu-rays!

Just wondering, what are people in the US doing for these target releases? (13 and 14). I am considering preordering it online but I would rather go in store and make sure they don't have any dents or imperfections. But I also don't want to miss out on these if these are very limited quantity on release (like 3 per store or some bs like that). Just wanted your guys perspectives as I am new to collecting steels and other blu-rays!

I ordered 3 of copies of each. That's what I did for the last 3 target mondo releases because they didn't sell them in stores, and I'm assuming that will be the case with these. Target shipped them in a big bubble mailer with zero protection so ordering 3, choosing the best from the bunch, and returning the rest is probably your best bet.

Hi everyone! :)

I realise the Region Coding of this release has already been discussed earlier in the thread but I'm still unsure as to which answer is 100% accurate, sorry! :confused:

As per @Apollon's earlier post, the answer given was that it's locked to "A". See below:
Region A per the mock-up below (click for bigger)
rsz_rd_insidewithdisc-png.191532
But then the following post popped up in the Reservoir Dogs Zavvi thread earlier today from @Goonboy. See below:
Andy has informed me that the target release is region free, so you have the choice of the Zavvi or Target. Now then Target cheaper, packaging from Andy, in another league in comparison to Zavvi, mmmmm let me think!!!!

Is anyone able to confirm with 100% accuracy as to whether this will be Region Locked to "A" or Region Free "ABC"???

I'm looking to ditch the Zavvi order in favour of @apsmith21's GB but need clarification on Region Coding first! Thank you! :thumbs:

@Mickle_89 If @apsmith21 says it's region free, then it probably is, my own post was in reference to the mock-up itself which may or may not be accurate (the mock-up).

I suggest to give Andy some time to respond, I know you've tagged us a couple of times and sent a PM but he won't be able to respond just yet as he's away till early next week. :)

@Mickle_89 If @apsmith21 says it's region free, then it probably is, my own post was in reference to the mock-up itself which may or may not be accurate (the mock-up).

I suggest to give Andy some time to respond, I know you've tagged us a couple of times and sent a PM but he won't be able to respond just yet as he's away till early next week. :)
No worries @Apollon :) Appreciate the response! I haven't personally heard or seen Andy state this so I don't mean to doubt anyone but it's all so confusing LOL :confused: So it would be good to hear it direct from the horses mouth (so-to-speak) prior to committing to his GB. Hope you understand.

But thanks again @Apollon :thumbs:

Last edited:
Anyone who pre-ordered this from Target (or Highlander) may want to cancel and replace your orders with the coupon code CARTWHEEL to get 10% off. If you use a redcard you get another 5% discount. Not sure how long the coupon is valid but it brought my order down to about $37 for both of the new Mondo Steelbooks.
thankyou! :)
Still waiting to get my Redcard in the mail, so hopefully i get it before the coupon expired.