QQ图片20160811172428.jpg

115326asfqnfa2jdxaxsfq.jpg

115324beu5ezexc6zgkzfn.jpg

115322efoocroqehx5cex2.jpg

115319bbuhuh2hhzyu1bza.jpg

115318s4qhp02x47oo4yo7.jpg

1200088e3nzwyc4e78yex8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know why a big retailer like BB or Walmart take a big title like avengers. It would sell and prices could've been lowered
I'm assuming Mondo is just playing the field. They keep bouncing titles between Canada and the U.S. - and now China with Blufans.... I'm not sure if they are following the money, or just trying to spread their product around the globe.

I'm assuming Mondo is just playing the field. They keep bouncing titles between Canada and the U.S. - and now China with Blufans.... I'm not sure if they are following the money, or just trying to spread their product around the globe.

It reminds me a lot of what gentle giant done years ago with star wars clone commander mini busts. They thought it'd be cool to do a summer world tour with them. Certain busts in certain shops around the world. In the end all they achieved was alienating a lot of loyal collectors

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
I'm not saying the price is Blufans fault. Regular WWAs are already expensive in China with 35 USD each. So 12 USD for fees and international shipping is okay to me.
But I can't justify it for myself to spend 50 bucks on this particular release. A single Steelbook without any fancy. Sometimes I spend this kind of money on similar releases but I'm not a Marvel Fanboy so I feel not forced here anyway. The variant is indeed a great release and probably well worth the money especially for Marvel and Avenger fans. Or for Stout fans.

• Thanks
Reactions: TobinFrost
Well first it would be getting it approved which I'm assuming for some reason blu fans has a good track record with marvel and Disney. Now I'm just speculating but it might be because of the company who has the rights to distribute them in China to start with. Maybe it dosnt have to go back to Disney all the way. As I know a lot of other retailers have a lot harder time getting things approved. I would assume is the reason mondo keeps going back and fourth from Canada and such. As movies that are released here can be released from a differnt company there and the artwork has to be approved by the company there not the one here even though it was a Us release. To the comment that blu fans is the retail front your correct but they still have to import these into China which costs money. So that is passed to us no mater what. Plus the cost of the steels themselves to be made. Like I said before Best Buy and target has the money to have loss leaders which is basiclly an item that they sell at a slight loss to get people into the store under the pretense you will spend more money there.

Dont forget they had a uk one and a Germany one as well. Which also came of a movie that the company in the us that has the rights to distribute it dosnt in Germany.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Except this isn't a Blufans steelbook. They aren't making anything. They are just the storefront.
This is not a Blufans steelbook. It is a Mondo X steelbook.

Anyone know why a big retailer like BB or Walmart take a big title like avengers. It would sell and prices could've been lowered

And I never said this was a blufans steelbook but what I did say still applies to the mondo x steel book line which it is part of being released in China. Still has to be imported which they are charged for and everything else. Again Best Buy is a multi billion dollar company compaired to blu fans which is couple million dollar company ? Which one do you think can afford loss leader merchandise? I know half the ones I picked up at target I ended up spending money on other items while I was there for convenience of it. Price sucks more than I had hoped for. But that's the cost of collecting collectibles

The GB is up at the other site. Total costs ($47 for normal, $53 for variant, $96 for both) are a bit ridiculous though.
Those prices are ridiculous! I certainly won't be paying that much for them... hopefully they're still available months down the line and drop in price like all the others did, otherwise you can count me out of the Mondo X game. I can't even understand why BF were allowed to sell these exclusively in the first place in all honesty. How disappointing! (n)

Those prices are ridiculous! I certainly won't be paying that much for them... hopefully they're still available months down the line and drop in price like all the others did, otherwise you can count me out of the Mondo X game. I can't even understand why BF were allowed to sell these exclusively in the first place in all honesty. How disappointing! (n)

I would say it's more than likely it was the only place to get the artwork approved as it seems hard for others to get wwe artwork approved for titles like this in the eu and North America. Disney is strict with what they allow. Disney China looks to be less strict or who ever has the job of allowing artwork to be used for the releases there

Hello. New guy here again.

Can you please tell me how to get these 2 mondo steelbooks again?

I see mentions of Blufans but when I go to blufans.com I can't see anything about this.
It has been suggested to fill in your information in advance but I don't know where to find this.
Where is the store that is back online again?
Somebody mentioned that a group buy is up on "the other site" but I don't know what that site is.
Also it has been mentioned to look for a link in the "OP" but again I don't know what the OP is either.

Can anybody please tell me what all these statements refer to?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to HDN.

Can you please tell me how to get these 2 mondo steelbooks again?

Via their webstore http://blufanatics.com or via a group buy if one is hosted on here @Wreck @cooey

Where is the store that is back online again?

See link above...

Also it has been mentioned to look for a link in the "OP" but again I don't know what the OP is either.

It means Original Post, i.e. the first post in a thread which is at the top of this page when you scroll up (release date etc...)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: dan8885
Just seen the pics and love it (especially when that variant slip goes over it - looking forward to seeing pics of that)

BUT that price is awful. I knew it would be a lil' high due to BF but it's just a p*ss take

I really need to know how limited these are and will blu fans be releasing a jazzed up versions with goodies at a later date that some seem to mention

Really gutted about the price though

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I will be getting the variant version
I already have all the previous Mondo X steelbooks

Have to get get to keep the collection complete :rofl:

This been Blufans exclusive this time though is a bit annoying especially if the price ends up a lot more compared to the previous Mondo X steelbooks

I would have preferred if this had of been available with various retailers in USA/UK/Germany/China it would had been easier for collectors to purchase and be cheaper

It's only a retailer exclusive with Blufans not a Blufans exclusive

I just hope the pricing is in line with previous Mondo X releases

I will be getting the variant version
I already have all the previous Mondo X steelbooks

Have to get get to keep the collection complete :rofl:

This been Blufans exclusive this time though is a bit annoying especially if the price ends up a lot more compared to the previous Mondo X steelbooks

I would have preferred if this had of been available with various retailers in USA/UK/Germany/China it would had been easier for collectors to purchase and be cheaper

It's only a retailer exclusive with Blufans not a Blufans exclusive

I just hope the pricing is in line with previous Mondo X releases
The pricing has already been mentioned from the other forum Paul, it's $47 for the standard and $53 for the variant. Not cheap unfortunatly.

Sorry, but these prices are just ridiculous. :greedy: Disappointed as I would have loved to get me a Variant of these but not a chance at this price rate. These prices are insane. (n)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
The pricing has already been mentioned from the other forum Paul, it's $47 for the standard and $53 for the variant. Not cheap unfortunatly.
I just noticed that myself a few min after my post and saw their GB live already and I expect Blufans website price including shipping will be around the same

Very expensive compared to USA/UK Mondo X releases more than double the price

I hope Bufans don't get more retailer exclusive for any of the other future Mondo X releases :rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill and Flloydo
Thank you Apollon for the information.

I have now created an account there but I still can't find any information there about this release.

I just noticed that myself a few min after my post and saw their GB live already and I expect Blufans website price including shipping will be around the same

Very expensive compared to USA/UK Mondo X releases more than double the price

I hope Bufans don't get more retailer exclusive for any of the other future Mondo X releases :rofl:

They've got age of ultron as well so that'll be another $50

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
And I never said this was a blufans steelbook but what I did say still applies to the mondo x steel book line which it is part of being released in China. Still has to be imported which they are charged for and everything else. Again Best Buy is a multi billion dollar company compaired to blu fans which is couple million dollar company ? Which one do you think can afford loss leader merchandise? I know half the ones I picked up at target I ended up spending money on other items while I was there for convenience of it. Price sucks more than I had hoped for. But that's the cost of collecting collectibles
I Don't think Mondo gave Best Buy or Target an option on these. I am pretty sure they would have stocked them in a heartbeat. I think this was Mondo's decision.
...and I think Disney is Disney. I don't think there is a Chinese Disney arm that usurps Disney's decisions.

Thank you Apollon for the information.

I have now created an account there but I still can't find any information there about this release.

You're welcome.

It hasn't been posted on their store yet. Keep an eye on this thread for updates.