QQ图片20160811172428.jpg

115326asfqnfa2jdxaxsfq.jpg

115324beu5ezexc6zgkzfn.jpg

115322efoocroqehx5cex2.jpg

115319bbuhuh2hhzyu1bza.jpg

115318s4qhp02x47oo4yo7.jpg

1200088e3nzwyc4e78yex8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This release was cancelled. That is also why the threads are locked. ;)
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...ay-mondo-blufans-exclusive-china.78186/page-2

I've only just seen the comment from wreck in the variant thread. Both locked.
Odd they would only do the first as mondo but I can only assume that will come out next year or something

Seriously annoying about the price though
Like @paulboland says the actual website prob wont be much cheaper

And at the moment id rather order direct to save some money here and there. Exchange rate is killing me

017 The Avengers Mondo X Steelbook
Release Date is expected to be around August 31th, 2016
As with most Blufans releases dates may change

I Don't think Mondo gave Best Buy or Target an option on these. I am pretty sure they would have stocked them in a heartbeat. I think this was Mondo's decision.
...and I think Disney is Disney. I don't think there is a Chinese Disney arm that usurps Disney's decisions.

Well I am pretty sure Disney have a China affiliate as China themselves have to approve what is released there. Just like movies in theatres arnt always the same as elsewhere. I'll do a of research though and get back to you as am not 100% sure. I'm going off other information from differnt releases. Like why wouldn't the us have all the mondos Canada had. I mean we have all the same movies down here it's not like any of them were only related in Canada am I correct. It has to deal with who owns the rights to distribute. And if he company that made them approved it you would think they would have released them here as well. So I would surmise from this that the distributing company has the rights to also choose the medium that they are released in and artwork to be used

Yes I believe target and Best Buy would stock these in a heart beat as well. Weather hey actually made money on them or not. Because target and bestbuy would use them as loss leaders to get you into the store where you might buy something else they do make money on. These companies do this all the time. And at end of year they write the full price off of these on there taxes. And Best Buy and target don't have a say in what is released they only have the say if they will carry the product.

So I just looked up some info and Disney in China is under "the Walt Disney China" II would say they prob have the day in what can and can't be released their and don't send everything back to the main corporation.

So I just looked up some info and Disney in China is under "the Walt Disney China" II would say they prob have the day in what can and can't be released their and don't send everything back to the main corporation.
Disney China would be making a secondary decision regarding their country - the mothership (Disney U.S.) would make the initial decisions.

Disney China would be making a secondary decision regarding their country - the mothership (Disney U.S.) would make the initial decisions.

I see that but I also see it like this they want to release avengers Disney is says sure then Disney China then has the say of what artwork to use as Disney China would have to have the final say for the release in China as the Chinese govt has strict regulations on that. So I would say it's prob easier to get stuff approved of its coming from a company even though it's a subsidiary of Disney it's a Chinese portion that works under the guidelines the govt wants to see.

Kevin over at blu-ray.com is says this will probably be the first & last mondo from blufans...due to the high cost of art & the importing of the steel books from Denmark along with other factors...so even selling at this high cost their not making much if any profit...looks as if the experiment is a failure.

Yes he did. He also said the mondo x line might end sooner than any of us thought it would as well which kinda sucks as well.

I haven't seen any confirmation here about a group buy and I don't know what time in the eastern time zone in North America that these are going on sale in China. I know it's supposedly on August 15th in China but I don't know what time and day that translate to here.

I've seen the group buy over at blueray.com but I guess I'm too new to access that one.

I'm guessing these will sell out immediately at Blufans with all of the group buys and Mondo fans.
And from what I've read here it sounds like it will be difficult to even get into their site to make a purchase in time due to glitches and all that sort of thing.

So does this leave eBay as my only option?

I haven't seen any confirmation here about a group buy and I don't know what time in the eastern time zone in North America that these are going on sale in China. I know it's supposedly on August 15th in China but I don't know what time and day that translate to here.

I've seen the group buy over at blueray.com but I guess I'm too new to access that one.

I'm guessing these will sell out immediately at Blufans with all of the group buys and Mondo fans.
And from what I've read here it sounds like it will be difficult to even get into their site to make a purchase in time due to glitches and all that sort of thing.

So does this leave eBay as my only option?
There may still be a group buy here. If you click the watch forum button you won't miss any info. If there is a group buy the link will be posted in the OP.

Thank you for your reply. I think I'm going to snag the one being offered on eBay right now.

It appears to be 11:35 AM Sunday, August 14, 2016 (GMT+8) in China now so I can only guess that means they go on sale in less than 24 hours?

I wanted this title in the Mondo series but now that I see it won't be delivered to these parts until possibly October, I don't think I really care anymore. Let the Mondo series die already if that rumor is indeed true.
I'm not sure why all of the blu-rays in this series aren't region free.

There are too many different versions of the same titles on steelbook now. And everybody has their own exclusives and versions of steelbooks. Quarter slip, half slip, full slip, lenticular, kamichi, zavvi, blufans, Best Buy, Target, HMV and so on.

And here comes another Top Gun? How many times has that been released as a steelbook? At least twice in the last 6 months? Which movie holds the record for steelbook releases? Terminator? I'm just guessing.

They seem to be kind of like baseball cards now. Too many brands flooded the market.

Thank you all for your help and information. I'm even going to pass on the one available on eBay.

I wanted this title in the Mondo series but now that I see it won't be delivered to these parts until possibly October, I don't think I really care anymore. Let the Mondo series die already if that rumor is indeed true.
I'm not sure why all of the blu-rays in this series aren't region free.

There are too many different versions of the same titles on steelbook now. And everybody has their own exclusives and versions of steelbooks. Quarter slip, half slip, full slip, lenticular, kamichi, zavvi, blufans, Best Buy, Target, HMV and so on.

And here comes another Top Gun? How many times has that been released as a steelbook? At least twice in the last 6 months? Which movie holds the record for steelbook releases? Terminator? I'm just guessing.

They seem to be kind of like baseball cards now. Too many brands flooded the market.

Thank you all for your help and information. I'm even going to pass on the one available on eBay.

If you would have read anything over at bluray forum about these and the group buys you would know being s new member all you have to do is pm Kevin there and he will put you on the group buy.