#018 Ghost in the Shell (1995) (Blu-ray Mondo x SteelBook) [USA]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: March 14, 2017
Purchase links: Amazon US - Amazon CA - Target USA
Price: USD $19.99 (Amazon - Target) - CDN $33.43 (Amazon CA)

ghost.jpg

GHOST IN THE SHELL
Limited Steelbook Packaging with Exclusive Mondo artwork
coming to Blu-ray™ + Digital HD March 14, 2017

BEVERLY HILLS, CA – (December 13, 2016) The groundbreaking anime film Ghost in the Shell arrives on Blu-ray™ + Digital HD with limited-edition Mondo key art in collectible Steelbook packaging from Anchor Bay Entertainment on March 14, 2017. The groundbreaking anime celebrated the 25th anniversary of the original Manga in 2014. Directed by legendary anime director Mamoru Oshii, Ghost in the Shell questions human existence in the fast-paced world of the information age, this award-winning, cyber-tech thriller has established itself as one of the leading Japanese animation films of all time.

A female cybernetic government agent, Major Motoko Kusanagi, and the Internal Bureau of Investigations are hot on the trail of “The Puppet Master,” a mysterious and threatening computer virus capable of infiltrating human hosts. Together, with her fellow agents from Section 9, they embark on a high-tech race against time to capture the omnipresent entity. Ghost in the Shell took the world by storm in the mid-90’s, exhibiting a new dimension of anime with unprecedented, mesmerizing cinematic expression. Seamlessly merging traditional animation with the latest computer graphic imagery, this stunning sci-fi spectacle challenged the boundaries of mainstream animation with detailed artistic expression and a uniquely intelligent story line. Veteran director Mamoru Oshii skillfully creates the ultimate anime experience in this futuristic masterpiece based on the groundbreaking comic book by Masamune Shirow.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Season 1 and Season 2 previously only available on DVD will be arriving on Blu-ray™ for the first time on February 21, 2017. Ghost in the Shell will be available on Blu-ray™ from Anchor Bay Entertainment on March 14, 2017 for the suggested retail price of $34.99.

ABOUT ANCHOR BAY ENTERTAINMENT
Anchor Bay Entertainment, a Lionsgate company, is a leading independent home entertainment company that acquires and releases a wide array of theatrical and home entertainment content, including STARZ Original series, children's programming, fitness (Anchor Bay Fitness), sports and specialty films on Blu-ray™ and DVD formats. The company has long-term distribution agreements in place for select programming with The Weinstein Company, AMC Networks and RADiUS, among others.

GHOST IN THE SHELL Blu-ray™ + Digital HD
Street Date: March 14, 2017
Pre-book: February 8, 2017
Catalog #: BD64909
UPC: 013132649092
Run Time: 82 Minutes
Rating: Not Rated
SRP: $34.99
Format: English: Dolby 5.1 DTS-HD
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen 1:78:1g
Audio: Subtitles: English, Japanese

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre Ordered for now but even when amazon price drops it's still going to be expensive due to auto import fees deposit for European members
This would need to drop in price to $23 with shipping included to avoid import fess deposit payment

I will most likely end up cancelling my Amazon USA order and getting from third party sellers on amazon UK a few weeks after released
Most of my Shout Factory and other USA releases I have been doing this now as you avoid imports fees

Pre Ordered for now but even when amazon price drops it's still going to be expensive due to auto import fees deposit for European members
This would need to drop in price to $23 with shipping included to avoid import fess deposit payment

I will most likely end up cancelling my Amazon USA order and getting from third party sellers on amazon UK a few weeks after released
Most of my Shout Factory and other USA releases I have been doing this now as you avoid imports fees

I'm waiting/hoping for a GB. :D

Myself, HDN, or perhaps Andy probably wont have a problem hosting a GB or throwing some on the HDN Store etc. As to avoid the troubles you speak of in regards to customs Paul. The thing is there isn't a reason to open one yet until I hear back from our supplier. If we were to go the Amazon route rather get a true count of people closer to release should any other options pop up in the mean time and don't want to deal with managing a list that has people wanting off etc. Closer to release can be more of a final sale as opposed to sign up,

There's been some lag due to the fact that Anchor Bay just got bought out by Lionsgate. fyi

Myself, HDN, or perhaps Andy probably wont have a problem hosting a GB or throwing some on the HDN Store etc. As to avoid the troubles you speak of in regards to customs Paul. The thing is there isn't a reason to open one yet until I hear back from our supplier. If we were to go the Amazon route rather get a true count of people closer to release should any other options pop up in the mean time and don't want to deal with managing a list that has people wanting off etc. Closer to release can be more of a final sale as opposed to sign up,

There's been some lag due to the fact that Anchor Bay just got bought out by Lionsgate. fyi
Cool, would much rather give any extra cash to the fine folks here than customs. Plus I may have my eye on something else on the HDN store, so I'm hoping both items could possibly be combined. Will obviously wait and see what happens in regards to what you said though. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666

Hi John
I will wait to see what price it drops on Amazon USA at the moment it's $34.99 and with shipping and import fees it's costing me $52.85
The problem with amazon is if it don't drop enough to a price that includes shipping that avoids import fees deposit it still works out expensive even after a price drop.
Sometimes the price drop is decent amount and overall price can be sort of ok and can happen 2-4 weeks after released it's a waiting game to get decent price but a few sell out before this and your left with third party sellers who increase the price then after amazon sell out.

I could be wrong but I cant see this selling out and possible could drop to a decent lower price after release date.
Do you know what the print run is

You can most times now if your from Europe end up getting trade wide USA releases cheaper from ebay sellers or Amazon UK third party sellers a few weeks after been released even though they might be selling a couple of dollars more than the amazon list price but still ends costing less than if you purchase from Amazon USA direct
Import Fess deposit is calculated on cost price + shipping that extra amount can make Amazon USA more expensive than a third party seller

If yourself or Andy do decide to do a GB best as you say wait until we see what price drops happen on Amazon or if you can get cheaper from another supplier but it would still need to combine with 2 or 3 other releases due to USA shipping costs from HDN GB to save on costs.

I will get this but whoever provides cheapest option gets my order :D

Thanks
Paul

Amazon Canada price with shipping is $49.51 Canadian Dollars = €35.51
Amazon USA price with shipping is $52.85 USA Dollars = €49.63

Amazon Canada for steelbooks packaging not the best from what I have seen mentioned and risk of customs VAT €11.41 + postal service handling charge €7.00 as they don'y apply the imports fess deposit with Standard International Shipping
If caught by customs Amazon Canada price would be €53.92 Euro if it avoids customs it's €35.51

EU Customs enforcing Amazon USA take imports fess deposit on orders makes purchasing from Amazon USA very expensive compared to before most times I avoided customs with orders bar a few expensive box sets now it's auto applied you don't have a choice and exchange rate is nearly on par with the Euro

Has anyone from Europe ordered recently a steelbook from Amazon Canada and how was the packaging and condition of the steelbook on arrival

Not for me, all of them are well over £30 with shipping

Plus I haven't even looked at steels from the us or Canada recentley because of the conversion

I'll get it one day, I'm patient

Ex MACHINA and pans labyrinth are usually the most expensive (out of the ones I don't have) but I've seen them all for silly prices at one stage or another.
Looper variant and nightcrawler were £10 each when I picked them up so I always look around the £10-£15 but it also depends on how much money I have that month and how I value each steel/ film

Also got the US reservoir dogs for around that price but luckily it was packaged with another steel to save on shipping

Pan's Labyrinth Mondo X is currently $10.99 at Best Buy in Canada.