Notes: Region B

IMG_6341.JPG

IMG_6337.JPG
IMG_6339.JPG
IMG_6340.JPG
IMG_6338.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Your best bet for a decent price drop will be Zavvi
If Zavvi have in their warehouse a lot of unsold stock I would expect in next 2-3 months to see the price start to be lowered at varied stages.

Amazon takes ages for price drops after release date and a lot of times don't drop the price

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
Saw this in my nearest HMV store yesterday(went to buy the new Rammstein concert) and nearly bought it until I saw price.

Your best bet for a decent price drop will be Zavvi
If Zavvi have in their warehouse a lot of unsold stock I would expect in next 2-3 months to see the price start to be lowered at varied stages.

Amazon takes ages for price drops after release date and a lot of times don't drop the price

Still nothing! :(

Would like to get a copy before MondoCon so I can get it signed.

Still nothing! :(

Would like to get a copy before MondoCon so I can get it signed.
I know none of the retailers have dropped the price
It might be they don't have large amount of stock held in their warehouses and are only ordering as needed from distributor as in based on sales as it's not a release a retailer would order large amount of stock

In my opinion it was a strange choice for a steelbook release as I don't see it as a release that would sell in high amounts at full price

If it's not selling well distributor be better off dropping the dealer price a lot to try and shift the stock

If it's a release you must have soon you might have to pay the full price as it can take months before a distributor decides to clear out stock sometimes

Last edited:
In my opinion it was a strange choice for a steelbook release as I don't see it as a release that would sell in high amounts at full price

I'm guessing it was fairly easy to license, and that's why they did it.

But a big miscalculation on Mondo fans "just buying anything" to complete their collection.

Documentaries are a hard sell in general - how many times would most of us rewatch it? :whistle:

Reactions: paulboland
I'm guessing it was fairly easy to license, and that's why they did it.

But a big miscalculation on Mondo fans "just buying anything" to complete their collection.

Documentaries are a hard sell in general - how many times would most of us rewatch it? :whistle:
I agree I myself only want it so I have the complete collection of the Mondo X releases to date but with this release I'm not ordering unless the price drops a lot it's probably a release I would barely watch if at all

Even though it's a release I might not even watch I would still like to not have a missing release in my collection in regards to the Mondo X steelbook releases

In the USA the movie is put on by Drafthouse Films company who owns mondo .... i think the price hasnt dropped mroe so cause the distributor chooses when that happens and the retailers are just there to sell at what rate they are told. Perhaps using those sales channels without the retailers having to actually commit. a wild guess from my view afar.

Went into HMV again on the off chance that they may have marked it down in store but nope. They still only have the one copy and it is still at the regular price. Never listened to the band, but the blurb on sleeve sounds interesting and I'd like to pick it up, but at a significantly lower price.

At this rate I might not have this before mondocon! lol

So when is Mondocon?

Wouldn't it make sense for them to wait until after Mondocon to drop the price?
People who are looking to get it signed will most likely break down and purchase it at full price.

So when is Mondocon?

Wouldn't it make sense for them to wait until after Mondocon to drop the price?
People who are looking to get it signed will most likely break down and purchase it at full price.

I don't disagree but there were not a ton of people getting steelbooks signed last year, from what I saw.

Mostly just me and @Wreck and @tridon

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian and tridon
Yeah, a few others ... but not some by and large amount that's for sure. Esp with this being region locked right. If I recall....

Reactions: Stygian