#020 The Incredibles (Mondo x SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
incredibles-whalen-zavvi-728.png

Release date: January 22 , 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live Saturday December 9, 2017 6 PM GMT)
Price: £24.99
Note: World Exclusive art. Illustrated by Tom Whalen

Announced at Mondo Talk at MondoCon 2017. The first two Mondo x SteelBook Disney SteelBooks will feature artwork by Tom Whalen and Olly Moss.

incred1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont understand why it shouldn't be part of 'Mondo X' line. No matter who they do it with, it should be part of it. Otherwise it'd be a dent to the collection and collectors.
Mondo X FutureShop
Mondo X BestBuy
Mondo X Zavvi
Mondo X Disney

and here's to hoping...
Mondo X Plain Archive :wow::LOL: Sigh. Wishful thinking.

• Thanks
Reactions: zavvi
OH! OH! WHAT IF IT WAS A STAR WARS MONDO TITLE?!!?

Does FOX still have the distribution rights for the original trilogy?
Because if there was a Star Wars Steelbook release, I'd be all over that.
All the Star Wars Releases's so far have been terrible, IMO.

Fox retains the physical distribution rights (DVD/Blu-ray/4K UHD) for the first two Star Wars trilogies till 2020
Fox after 2020 have permanent distribution rights to Star Wars A New Hope as it's not owned by lucasfilm

Disney owns digital distribution rights as in streaming and digital copies to all the Star Wars films, excluding A New Hope

Last edited:
Fox retains the physical distribution rights (DVD/Blu-ray/4K UHD) for the first two Star Wars trilogies till 2020
Fox after 2020 have permanent distribution rights to Star Wars A New Hope as it's not owned by lucasfilm

Disney owns digital distribution rights as in streaming and digital copies to all the Star Wars films, excluding A New Hope

If Disney buys Fox then everything becomes moot and academic.

Aren't the Avengers Mondo Steelbooks technically already Mondo X Disney steelbooks? Then my guess is this will likely be a series of the animated movies, but we already have the Zavvi releases.

Not sure if I like the sound of these, but more steels and more choice can only be good. I think they need to keep some sort of matching theme though, not sure how they would do that.

So it's a Mondo X Disney but maybe not part of the Mondo X line? Why not just release a Disney steelbook featuring Mondo artwork and not have confusing collection series.

I agree. The initial word seems to be that it won't have the slip like Mondo X.

If Disney buys Fox then everything becomes moot and academic.

If it happens that would blow stuff out of the water....

Including seeing the X-Men or Deadpool in the Avengers movies... :confused:

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
Fox has been holding talks with Disney to sell much of its company, adding yet another name to Disney's vast portfolio of movie studios and television channels.

Talks have ended neither Fox and Disney are communicating now in regards to a deal

Fox are also looking at other film studios and other companies to sell their assets too it's not just Disney they have approached

Any deal would be complicated as it could not include all of the fox company for various reasons

Fox has been holding talks with Disney to sell much of its company, adding yet another name to Disney's vast portfolio of movie studios and television channels.

Talks have ended neither Fox and Disney are communicating now in regards to a deal

Fox are also looking at other film studios and other companies to sell their assets too it's not just Disney they have approached

Any deal would be complicated as it could not include all of the fox company for various reasons

According to reports, Fox is looking to retain Sports and News.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mondo X Disney steelbooks (?)
I'd go for any two of these:-

For a long time, the Moss SW trilogy set was my favorite, most-desired poster art. But I don't know... enough years have passed, enough other poster art has come and gone... I still think they're cool, but not the greatest ever. Especially the Boba Fett. I don't think it's what I'd choose for steelbooks.

Whalen's art, on the other hand, though it has a consistent look that is right on the verge of too-much-sameness, I just continue to love. Of the ones you posted, @virkia, especially Incredibles, Alice, Robin Hood, and Lion King. I won't clutter things up with more links, but I love his recent Wall-E poster, and his Toy Story from a few years ago. A run of Whalen steelbooks with that consistency--I know it wouldn't please everyone, but I would love it.

For a long time, the Moss SW trilogy set was my favorite, most-desired poster art. But I don't know... enough years have passed, enough other poster art has come and gone... I still think they're cool, but not the greatest ever. Especially the Boba Fett. I don't think it's what I'd choose for steelbooks.

Whalen's art, on the other hand, though it has a consistent look that is right on the verge of too-much-sameness, I just continue to love. Of the ones you posted, @virkia, especially Incredibles, Alice, Robin Hood, and Lion King. I won't clutter things up with more links, but I love his recent Wall-E poster, and his Toy Story from a few years ago. A run of Whalen steelbooks with that consistency--I know it wouldn't please everyone, but I would love it.

Yes, I kind of agree about the Olly Moss STAR WARS posters and feel they would look better as Full Slip artwork.

On the other hand I wouldn't turn my nose up at a run of Illustrated Art Disney steelbooks by various Mondo artists although I wouldn't expect them to be as "nice" as the original UK steels which can never be topped (imo).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the kings of inconsistency Disney love to chop and change . . . as for their steelbooks they've gone in the space of seven years (UK) from glossy embossed to flat zero w/ lenticulars and back again to glossy embossed . . .

Now a new set of Disney steelbooks is coming . . . or is it just two steelbooks ? . . . but what's going on with their Signature Collection ? As far as I can gather 9 releases are planned (SNOW WHITE, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, PINOCCHIO, BAMBI, THE LION KING, LADY AND THE TRAMP, PETER PAN, FANTASIA and THE MANY ADVENTURES OF WINNIE THE POOH) and only THE LION KING has recently been granted a steelbook release.
No other Signature steelbooks?
This type of behaviour really not doing collectors any favours.

On the other hand something like 15 Disney steels - including 5 Pixar - have been announced as FNAC exclusives due to be released a week before Christmas . . .

Last edited:
So hoping it’s either Aladdin, Alice in wonderland or jungle book