#020 The Incredibles (Mondo x SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
incredibles-whalen-zavvi-728.png

Release date: January 22 , 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live Saturday December 9, 2017 6 PM GMT)
Price: £24.99
Note: World Exclusive art. Illustrated by Tom Whalen

Announced at Mondo Talk at MondoCon 2017. The first two Mondo x SteelBook Disney SteelBooks will feature artwork by Tom Whalen and Olly Moss.

incred1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
happy days. feel lucky i managed to grab one right at the end. :) i've somehow managed to have zero editions of this film before now, so redressing that fact with this nice artwork :thumbs: makes up for the single disc aspect of this release (and the lack of bossing :( and the repeat of the cover image on the disc :bored:).
credits (rear sleeve):
sleeve and steel details:
overall artwork:

unlike many, i've always liked this film standing apart, un-franchised. of course, that will soon no longer be the case - just hope they manage an Empire, Godfather II or T2, rather than a Jaws 2 or Speed 2.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranavalone
Received my copy today!
It has a bit of a paint chip right next to Mr. Incredible's head... But- I suppose this is a time where I'll just have to deal with it. :(
At the very least, send an email to Zavvi. You paid full price for a mint copy, you should let them know you're not satisfied.

At the very least, send an email to Zavvi. You paid full price for a mint copy, you should let them know you're not satisfied.

No- that's alright- I already have a request open for the copy of Midnight Special that I received, since that copy came with massive paint chips.
I don't feel comfortable opening up multiple requests about Steelbook refunds/ replacements because I feel guilty. :C

No- that's alright- I already have a request open for the copy of Midnight Special that I received, since that copy came with massive paint chips.
I don't feel comfortable opening up multiple requests about Steelbook refunds/ replacements because I feel guilty. :C
Why feel guilty? They took your money for the product. Would they find it acceptable if you only paid 95%? If you're being totally unreasonable, that's another thing. But if you have a chip right in the middle of the front of the steel... I don't know. I wouldn't consider it unreasonable to bring that to their attention.

Why feel guilty? They took your money for the product. Would they find it acceptable if you only paid 95%? If you're being totally unreasonable, that's another thing. But if you have a chip right in the middle of the front of the steel... I don't know. I wouldn't consider it unreasonable to bring that to their attention.

I don't know- it's just a personal feeling. I work at a small business and while I wouldn't equate Zavvi to a small business by any standards- I still want them to profit, because it's not their fault that there was a fault in the printing of the Steelbook- that's an issue with Scanavo's printing process. But thanks for your recommendation- I'll bring it to their attention and maybe ask for a partial refund. :)

Received this today, and while I love the cover, I hadn't realized that this is for some dumb reason a single-discer, and it's peppered with ugly ratings logos to boot. Blecch. Also ended up with a trademark Mondo Ripple™ on my sleeve, good thing there's very little synergy between it and the steel, so leaving it off won't leave it feeling incomplete.

All in all, way too much disappointment here for my taste. Why even bother, Mondo? If you're not aiming for truly premium releases, what are you aiming for, exactly?

Once I get over the nice cover design/treatment, the seven-year-old Viva will reclaim it's rightful place on the shelf.

As on the RESERVOIR DOGS Mondo steelbook translucent slip, seen here, the ripple effect could be nothing more than a ripple in the protective film . . .
I appreciate the suggestion, but it's an unfortunately unmistakable deformation of the shape of the slip itself, as if the slip was warping during the heating of the shrinkwrap, or by compression of the sides of the slip while packed with other copies, or via too-tight shrinkwrap, or maybe even a miscut slip, or all of the above in concert. Whatever may be the exact cause, it's an easy way to disappoint a collector, even if the steel itself is in great shape otherwise.

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
Does anyone else's have a pin-point sized dent facing outwards, in violet's hair? And the plastic sleeve isn't in great shape. And small scratches all over
uHmWwUK.jpg
DBncWDI.jpg
cR1POSR.jpg

Does anyone else's have a pin-point sized dent facing outwards, in violet's hair? And the plastic sleeve isn't in great shape. And small scratches all over
uHmWwUK.jpg
DBncWDI.jpg
cR1POSR.jpg
That sucks. :(

I'd suggest contacting Zavvi, although they'll more than likely just offer you a small refund due them having no more stock to replace it.

I don't know- it's just a personal feeling. I work at a small business and while I wouldn't equate Zavvi to a small business by any standards- I still want them to profit, because it's not their fault that there was a fault in the printing of the Steelbook- that's an issue with Scanavo's printing process. But thanks for your recommendation- I'll bring it to their attention and maybe ask for a partial refund. :)

At one point I had 7 cases open with them. I really don't care about profit, at the end of the day I expect perfect steelbooks and I'll make sure I get them. Amazon are no different, they had to send me 6 Serenity steels before I got one I consider acceptable. If theres a problem at priniting which seems to be the case with Mondo as I've never received a 100% mint Mondo release, then the retailers need to make sure that what they are receiving is flawless. Technically it is the retailers problem and they should have to suffer profit wise if they aren't giving customers perfect products!