10 Cloverfield Lane (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #54) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: August 18, 2016 (Standard) - FAC (Janurary 16th , 2017)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: 699 CZK (Standard) - 799 CZK (FAC)
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

10.jpg

10.jpg 10_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked one of the shelf in HMV yesterday and put it back. It's not a great looking steelbook and not worth £22.99 they were asking. I'm struggling with this one as I don't think it warrants multiple viewings. Saw it at the cinema, enjoyed it, but it will have to be something spectacular for me to part with my cash I'm afraid.

Reactions: lgans316
Yes.

The European version of the steelbook will have a debossed title and spot glossing.

The U.S./Canada have the same steelbook but it does not have a debossed title and is matte.

Thanks. After doing some research, I think there is a bit of confusion. I believe the HMV steelbook is the same as the Filmarena one. A UK seller is a selling a used copy of the HMV steelbook on eBay and it has spot gloss on the black portion of the steelbook with the rest being matte. Some people seem to think only the Filmarena version has spot gloss. It might be cheaper for some to buy it from the UK. I forgot to ask, but I sent a question to the eBay seller if the front title is debossed. I can't tell by the picture. Will let you know when I get a response.

Not sure if I will buy the HMV version either way since this steelbook isn't very attractive. Quite a few people seem to be selling their open copies. Must be for a reason. Will wait a few months and see if a deluxe edition comes out of Asia. If not, I might buy the standard blu-ray from Amazon when it goes on sale. I wouldn't be surprised if you could buy it for less than $10 early next year or during Black Friday.

Thanks. After doing some research, I think there is a bit of confusion. I believe the HMV steelbook is the same as the Filmarena one. A UK seller is a selling a used copy of the HMV steelbook on eBay and it has spot gloss on the black portion of the steelbook with the rest being matte. Some people seem to think only the Filmarena version has spot gloss. It might be cheaper for some to buy it from the UK. I forgot to ask, but I sent a question to the eBay seller if the front title is debossed. I can't tell by the picture. Will let you know when I get a response.

Not sure if I will buy the HMV version either way since this steelbook isn't very attractive. Quite a few people seem to be selling their open copies. Must be for a reason. Will wait a few months and see if a deluxe edition comes out of Asia. If not, I might buy the standard blu-ray from Amazon when it goes on sale. I wouldn't be surprised if you could buy it for less than $10 early next year or during Black Friday.
They are the same. UK and Czech are European!

The U.S./Canadian release has the extra text 'Monsters Come In Many Forms' written on the steps on the front cover. Easy way of distinguishing the difference between the the two.

I watched this one a few weeks back wasn't sure I would like it but really enjoyed it, looking forward to what FA will be doing with this one, I will wait for their release.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
They are the same. UK and Czech are European!

The U.S./Canadian release has the extra text 'Monsters Come In Many Forms' written on the steps on the front cover. Easy way of distinguishing the difference between the the two.
I was referring to what other users had previously stated about cancelling their HMV orders for the Filmarena version. Also, not all European steelbooks are the same. Many German steelbooks have different covers from the UK ones. The same is true of many French releases.

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
I was referring to what other users had previously stated about cancelling their HMV orders for the Filmarena version. Also, not all European steelbooks are the same. Many German steelbooks have different covers from the UK ones. The same is true of many French releases.

I think the other users saying they are canceling their hmv editions of for fac edtion not just to buy the standard steel from film arena but to buy the film arena collection edition instead.

Glad I passed on the US steel. This artwork looks so much better with a proper finish. Debossing is just icing on the cake.

What are you guys thinking for the slip? Giant Mary Elizabeth Winstead face on the front and John Goodman's on the back? Seems fairly likely M.E.W. will be featured on the cover, but I'm curious if they'll go for something more abstract this time around. I suppose there's a number of poster artworks to choose from as well.

The debossing and finishing is nice but the artwork is really boring, it is essentially the same thing three times over. It is a good job Film Arena are here to save the day with a funky slip to make us forget all about that. :rolleyes:

at First I did't like the Artwork, but after reading that it is a throwback to the 1960's I can't really judge on that, but what I can say is that I have warmed up to the european WWA Steel. The debossed Title, Spot Gloss treatment and only the title makes this a nice clean steel ! The NA one has way too many writing on many steps and the finish is not as nice I heard. So I am excited to get this Beauty and with such a minimalistic design on the Steelbook, it gives FA lots of Options as to where they wanna go with this.

I think the other users saying they are canceling their hmv editions of for fac edtion not just to buy the standard steel from film arena but to buy the film arena collection edition instead.

Why? It's identical to the HMV version. The HMV version is debossed with spot gloss. No difference.