Mondo 10 Cloverfield Lane - OST by Bear McCreary (colored vinyl)

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release: December 7, 2016 (pre-order live)
Purchase: Mondo
Price: $35

Note: in conjunction with Bear McCreary's own Sparks & Shadows record label, pressed on 2LP 180 gr red with silver "Duct Tape" vinyl, Artwork by Gary Pullin

10CL_FC_1024x1024.jpg
10Clover1_1024x1024.jpg

31d0a034-fcf2-490d-8497-aee401e48152.jpg

10Clover4_1024x1024.jpg

Mondo, in conjunction with Sparks & Shadows, is proud to present Bear McCreary's score to 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Dan Trachtenberg's psychological / Sci-fi thriller 10 Cloverfield Lane is one of our favorite theater going experiences of the year, and that is thanks in part to a wonderful promotional campaign, terrific casting, and the incredible score by Bear McCreary. Back in March when we saw the film we knew we wanted to release the score, and we are proud to have it as our final soundtrack release of the year.

Bear's score is tense and powerful to say the least. Using everything from a full symphonic orchestra, a yayli tanbur and even a Blaster beam, McCreary sets the tone perfectly in the opening track with his ominous theme for "Michelle". You can tell something mysterious lurking around the corner, and the soundtrack delivers with 13 more pulse-pounding cues.

The packaging features terrific original artwork by Gary Pullin, and liner notes by Bear McCreary.

Tracklist:

Side A
01. Michelle (6:09)
02. The Concrete Cell (8:30)

Side B
03. Howard (5:02)
04. A Bright Red Flash (2:54)
05. At The Door (3:01)
06. Two Stories (2:48)
07. Message From Megan (3:08)

Side C
08. Hazmat Suit (3:03)
09. A Happy Family (3:53)
10. The Burn (6:16)
11. Up Above (3:05)

Side D
12. Valencia (6:13)
13. The New Michelle (3:25)
14. 10 Cloverfield Lane (6:23)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tag @martinouchou :thumbs:

I didn't watched the movie till now and I didn't listen to the OST till now. Will do it later after I take a nap from night shift.
But "masterful assemblage of elements including a 90-piece orchestra, a 45-piece string ensemble, a grouping of 30 celli and 8 bass, and a string quartet" sounds tempting!

Reactions: Flloydo
Thanks for the tag @martinouchou :thumbs:

I didn't watched the movie till now and I didn't listen to the OST till now. Will do it later after I take a nap from night shift.
But "masterful assemblage of elements including a 90-piece orchestra, a 45-piece string ensemble, a grouping of 30 celli and 8 bass, and a string quartet" sounds tempting!

Thanks dude. :thumbs:

It looks and sounds really cool! I'm interested in seeing what the vinyl colours actually look like.

I have a feeling @Flloydo is going to go crazy for this one! :D

I've loved Bear's work since Battlestar Galactica, and this OST is no slouch!

I've loved Bear's work since Battlestar Galactica, and this OST is no slouch!

Sounds tempting! I was not familiar with McCreary till now. I'll definitely give his catalog a listen!
Same here... this is the first time I'm hearing of Bear McCreary, but I'll definitely be checking out his other stuff now, especially if Sir Andy recommends him! ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885

Oh **** this is amazing news, great score too.

Thanks dude. :thumbs:

It looks and sounds really cool! I'm interested in seeing what the vinyl colours actually look like.

I have a feeling @Flloydo is going to go crazy for this one! :D

Yep, you got it. But I'm too skint until the new year now plus I don't like paying mondo nearly the same price in shipping (and waxwork for that matter) so I'm hoping either a UK retailer get it (doubtful) or I'll have to eBay or discogs it next year when re sellers might drop the price a little, that or when I have spare cash lol

That's this and fight club now but I'll most likely buy that one direct when they re print it

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and Noodles
Yep, you got it. But I'm too skint until the new year now plus I don't like paying mondo nearly the same price in shipping (and waxwork for that matter) so I'm hoping either a UK retailer get it (doubtful) or I'll have to eBay or discogs it next year when re sellers might drop the price a little, that or when I have spare cash lol

That's this and fight club now but I'll most likely buy that one direct when they re print it
Exact same reason I won't be picking it up mate... I'm pretty much broke until after Xmas now, plus the shipping is too much and the chance of having customs on top of that is an instant turn off.

Hopefully it turns up in the UK like you said... along with Fight Club! If so, then no doubt we'll just get the standard black vinyl versions though. (n)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and dan8885
Exact same reason I won't be picking it up mate... I'm pretty much broke until after Xmas now, plus the shipping is too much and the chance of having customs on top of that is an instant turn off.

Hopefully it turns up in the UK like you said... along with Fight Club! If so, then no doubt we'll just get the standard black vinyl versions though. (n)

If only mondo had a UK store :(

I'm quite patient with certain things and my patience usually pays off so I'll do the same with this. There's always one re seller on the bay or discogs who puts them up for crazy low prices once in a while (i waited a while and then I paid much much less for the US transparent neon demon compared to the uk Amazon listing from a seller on discogs- couldn't believe it but it happens sometimes. New and sealed too)

Or it's a gift from someone and they just put it on the bay as a cheap price

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
  • Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and dan8885