1080p on Satellite Providers

Jan 27, 2009
Anaheim,Ca
Currently watching Transporter 3 on DirecTv's OnDemand service. The PQ is outstanding! The sound lacks as its not losslesss but still a great overall experiance. The movies are 1080p/24. I know Dish Network has had 1080p too. Horhay have you ordered any?

Nah, I rather buy I don't like ordering movies from Dish. We hardly have time to watch movies so we just rather buy and watch days/weeks later lol :)

Same here but had people over for dinner and we wanted to see a movie afterwards. I got lazy to go rent it. So I figured I would try it out and I am impressed with the pq.

still waiting on my t3 steel. I didnt even realize you could watch 1080p via sat provider ... do you gotta dl it first or is it like an on demand type deal?

how much did the 1080p one cost? $5?

still waiting on my t3 steel. I didnt even realize you could watch 1080p via sat provider ... do you gotta dl it first or is it like an on demand type deal?

how much did the 1080p one cost? $5?

Yeah 1080p is available on both DirecTv and Dish Network. Just another reason why sat is better than cable ;) when I ordered the movie it said watch now and started right away. When I get other OnDemand stuff like stuff that's free it has to Download first. The HD verison of the movies are 4.99 and the 1080p version is 5.99.