Value Guide for Buyers & Traders

Thanks, yeah i think it might be helpful for new collectors or anybody wondering what the going rate for a Steel is. I know there are a lot of very knowledgeable collectors here who might be able to help others out.

---------- Post added 07-21-2011 at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-20-2011 at 11:58 PM ----------

Luckily this thread is going over better than the one on the other forum. That turned sour pretty quickly. I'll start a couple:

Clash of the Titans (FS)
Book of Eli (FS)

Any suggestions?

I think Clash of the Titans is around $35-40 and i'm not sure but believe Book of Eli is worth slightly higher.

Thanks, yeah i think it might be helpful for new collectors or anybody wondering what the going rate for a Steel is. I know there are a lot of very knowledgeable collectors here who might be able to help others out.

---------- Post added 07-21-2011 at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-20-2011 at 11:58 PM ----------

I think Clash of the Titans is around $35-40 and i'm not sure but believe Book of Eli is worth slightly higher.

I agree, mainly because the other Clash of the Titans release should be the "one" to have. Why? Because it has crackle lacquer and that is an affect not given to steels too often. (only 2 so far) Just look at what the 10,000 BC crackle sells for and imagine what the clash of titans will sell for to those interested when it goes OOS. (out of stock) In a year from now, if you cant buy either Clash of Titans at retailers/etailers which one will be more sought after. Obviously the one with a premium finish (ie. crackle lacquer)

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B003QP3ZXK/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

As nice as the Book of Eli Germany version is (and it is very nice!) it will be the FutureShop with less printed and different artwork (plus inside art) that will garner the most $$$.

I would place it's current value at a fair $50, but could see it at $60-75 by years end. But I'm also a book of eli nut. ;)

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

And another thing, it will be hard to get a sealed MINT Book Of Eli FutureShop. Why? Because with this edition they put the security tag right behind the paper backing pressed up against the steel which in the long run dents a steel.

For those who own this edition I advise you take the steps I did to prevent this. (Make a slit on the side of the plastic where the tag is .. then you can pull up so it doesnt rest against the steelbook and the steelbook still remains sealed.

I agree, mainly because the other Clash of the Titans release should be the "one" to have. Why? Because it has crackle lacquer and that is an affect not given to steels too often. (only 2 so far) Just look at what the 10,000 BC crackle sells for and imagine what the clash of titans will sell for to those interested when it goes OOS. (out of stock) In a year from now, if you cant buy either Clash of Titans at retailers/etailers which one will be more sought after. Obviously the one with a premium finish (ie. crackle lacquer)

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B003QP3ZXK/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

As nice as the Book of Eli Germany version is (and it is very nice!) it will be the FutureShop with less printed and different artwork (plus inside art) that will garner the most $$$.

I would place it's current value at a fair $50, but could see it at $60-75 by years end. But I'm also a book of eli nut. ;)

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

And another thing, it will be hard to get a sealed MINT Book Of Eli FutureShop. Why? Because with this edition they put the security tag right behind the paper backing pressed up against the steel which in the long run dents a steel.

For those who own this edition I advise you take the steps I did to prevent this. (Make a slit on the side of the plastic where the tag is .. then you can pull up so it doesnt rest against the steelbook and the steelbook still remains sealed.

Thanks for the tip, never thought to do this

What do you guys think an Indiana Jones:KOTCS would go for nowadays. That was way before my time, but would like to try and find one now.

I think sealed Indys go for around $100-150 at the moment. I've always wanted one myself but like you came in too late when the prices went crazy!

I think sealed Indys go for around $100-150 at the moment. I've always wanted one myself but like you came in too late when the prices went crazy!

True, ones without the manufacturing mark are hard to come by .. probably worth more.

I sold mine long ago, and still dont regret it. I'll buy the Quadrilogy steel when it happens. If 4 Terminators can be sold together (not steelbook) and having like 4 diff studios lol then I know the Indy's can happen. :p

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

I do love my Indy Digibook Target Exclusive tho :drool:

True, ones without the manufacturing mark are hard to come by .. probably worth more.

I sold mine long ago, and still dont regret it. I'll buy the Quadrilogy steel when it happens. If 4 Terminators can be sold together (not steelbook) and having like 4 diff studios lol then I know the Indy's can happen. :p

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

I do love my Indy Digibook Target Exclusive tho :drool:

Yeah Wreck, most of the ones i have seen have the manufacturing mark too. Without that will probably add a fair bit more value. I love the Indy digibook too, thanks for your help getting me one!

I am glad our thread is seen as helpful-lets continue to use this one as an open discussion, as there are many types of collectors-old and new. I am sure we can all teach each other, as folks entered the hobby at different times, and values change over time. :scat:

hi Chaps ,

I started the other thread on the other Forum , but too much Politics as it is basically a place where some of the experienced guys , seem to take the eyes out of the newer collectors and I was getting "peed Off" with them doing that :angry:

I said it before when I first jioned this Forum that the guys here are very friendly indeed ;)

that said , does any body have a clue wat I should be paying for a copy of :

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - Steelbook Thailand
I have allways wanted an Asian copy , purely for the Art work , but never got round to it :(

I have been offered a sealed copy for $75.00 USD + pp

is that about right for this version ??

thansk in advance TC

hey Top_Cat my friend i would agree to my above posters that 75$ is a fair price for this Steel. Had been checking prices for this one too for a while I love this movie as i do love the game but i prefered the slipcover over to a Stickerbook in that case

hey Top_Cat my friend i would agree to my above posters that 75$ is a fair price for this Steel. Had been checking prices for this one too for a while I love this movie as i do love the game but i prefered the slipcover over to a Stickerbook in that case

Yes, just be aware its a sticker book. Thats why its not a "high want" on my list.

Hi All-just a friendly reminder. At our site, we try to create a fun collector environment. While it's unfortunate that a thread may not have been as positive at another forum, please don't publicly criticize other forums/members, etc at our site. Thanks all!:) DB

Last edited by a moderator: