13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #39) [Czech]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: August 8, 2016
Purchase link: Filmarena
Price: CZK 1099
HDN group buy: hosted by carllenc

13415557_1378879115461972_3400674860661145867_o.jpg

10649842_1309767255706492_2595874997453572202_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is stunning
Thanks! :)

Must say that I prefer the official steelbook to my own concept though... I actually tried using the image they've gone for, but at the time I couldn't find a landscape version (like they've used) or anything else that would match for back art. Good work FA. :thumbs:

Reactions: demon99
Thanks! :)

Must say that I prefer the official steelbook to my own concept though... I actually tried using the image they've gone for, but at the time I couldn't find a landscape version (like they've used) or anything else that would match for back art. Good work FA. :thumbs:

I would like yours better, without the flag.

Reactions: Noodles
I would like yours better, without the flag.
Thanks dude! I guess that would help it flow better with the back image, but then it'd lack any colour and look really dark/dull IMO. I'm hoping they use the flag image for the full slip. :D

I heard there is a ridiculous amount of metaphorical U.S.-flag waving in this film, so the flag would be apt.

I've heard that too. all these Star Spangled Banner images give me rash. do not get me wrong patriotism is fine, but only so far ... IMO.

Reactions: JCC
I've heard that too. all these Star Spangled Banner images give me rash. do not get me wrong patriotism is fine, but only so far ... IMO.

Completely agree. I think the ridiculous amount of jingoism in this film is a turn off, but I haven't seen it yet.

Reactions: nefilim
Aren't most so called true stories the same?

Yes and no. The more enjoyable ones have enough facts and truths incorporated and different view points that allow the viewer to connect with the characters. This one is overly politicized and while the soldiers look like heroes in some sense the plot isn't deep enough. ZDT for example was mainly fact based and characters were built up before the main scene. You dive into the action immediately in this one without ever connecting with any of the characters.