The Hulk (solo movie discussion)

ocielz

El NINJA Chingon
Premium Supporter
Jan 18, 2011
Winter Garden, Florida
VIA Movieweb.com

Marvel's The Avengers is already making waves at the box office, taking in an impressive $18.7 million from midnight screenings. Mark Ruffalo is the new addition to Marvel's superhero lineup, portraying The Incredible Hulk, and it seems the studio already has plans for a new Hulk reboot in 2015.

Paul Gitter, Marvel's president of consumer products, recently revealed that plans are in place for a stand-alone merchandising line to be unveiled next year, which will be, "presumably supported by another big budget franchise movie in 2015."

The Hulk has a unique cinematic history over the past decade. Ang Lee's 2003 Hulk didn't exactly set the world on fire at the box office, which lead to Louis Leterrier's The Incredible Hulk reboot in 2008. Even though The Incredible Hulk fared much better, both critically and financially, than Hulk, Marvel still replaced Edward Norton with Mark Ruffalo in Marvel's The Avengers.

Don't be surprised to hear more about this project in the near future, once the box office receipts for Marvel's The Avengers start to roll in.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/the-hulk-to-get-stand-alone-reboot-in-2015

Reactions: jimmy and RiX
Again? I'm not really going to see it in theaters, I'm tired of them rebooting this franchise to death. The 2008 was awesome and the only reason they can't continue is because someone simply didn't like Norton, which was a great banner, way better than ruffalo...

Sorry have to disagree, i've saw all three hulk's for the first time in as many days. Mark Ruffalo is the definative Hulk no questions.

Imagine if they brought back Norton for a new Hulk? That would be rubbish! Even Eric Bana was better than Norton, but he didn't have as good a movie to act in. The new Hulk should be a set before Avengers I reckon.. I was hoping for an Avengers 2 by then..

Mark Ruffalo has a good face in regards to when he morphs into Hulk .. his facial expressions fit ... but not quite sure Ruffalo could hold up acting out an entire movie on his own that would be "awesome" ... he was great in Avengers because of an ensemble cast imo.

I'm willing to give him a shot, and hope he can sell it well ... I think it will depend more on the script and director honestly ... if all that is good, I guess ruffalo could squeeze it out.

Personally Norton is still my favourite Banner, I do like Ruffalos perfomance in Avengers though, so wouldn't mind him continuing in the next Hulk. I think they both bring their own unique interpretation, I was sceptical about Ruffalo at first but he did a great job IMO.

Sorry have to disagree, i've saw all three hulk's for the first time in as many days. Mark Ruffalo is the definative Hulk no questions.

Imagine if they brought back Norton for a new Hulk? That would be rubbish! Even Eric Bana was better than Norton, but he didn't have as good a movie to act in. The new Hulk should be a set before Avengers I reckon.. I was hoping for an Avengers 2 by then..

I'll agree to disagree, ruffalo was ok in the avengers, but again that's all personal opinion.

I'll agree to disagree, ruffalo was ok in the avengers, but again that's all personal opinion.

No hard feelings,

I'm someone who came to the DC and Marvel Universe mainly from the films as a teenager and to a lesser extent the cartoons as a kid. In rainy england the cartoons weren't as popular as state side. The comics weren't as readily available either and the family business was a newsagents!

I just stuggled to see the fit when norton was acting out the hulk - if you line up all the actors who have ever played the hulk, norton looks like the odd one out. Having said that I agree ruffalo might struggle with a whole film. Norton is a better actor out of the 2, but not entirely suited to the role.

It does all depend on the scripting.. ;)

IMO peeps it all comes down the movie makers... Eric Bana is a pretty talented actor but the movie was downright awful and most people agree with that statement. At this point I think they have to move forward with Ruffalo as Hulk. I guess I see why they want to re-start the franchise with a new guy but they could have just as easily picked up where E Norton's one leaves off and people would just understand they replaced Norton as Hulk with Ruffalo.

Either way Im happy to hear news of a new Hulk movie. i just hope they make a good solid franchise and series of the movies this time instead reboot after reboot.

I personally think Eric Bana was the best Hulk of the three recent ones but his movie sucked unfortunately. Although I feel guilty saying that as all three did a good job so its bit of a conflicted statement on my part.

You may think it's funny but there is talk right now over a movie dedicated to Hawkeye. LINK

I hope it does come, I for one would be totally stoked for it. :scat:

I guess Marvel has to make something, right? Not sure the extent of what rights they kept/have, but eventually they have to make something that's not a sequel.