Status
Not open for further replies.

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER

OST 2016.png

Hello ninjas,

Some great OST Vinyl were released in 2016. With the already 6th Annual Steelbook Awards happening over here at HDN we wanted to do the same and start a annual one for our beloved Movie Soundtracks on wax.

After the nomination period ends on January 15, 2017, we will add a Poll to this thread to vote for the best OST Vinyl Release of 2016.

Any OST Vinyl that were completely released, shipped and in the hand of customers by December 31, 2016 are eligible.

Please nominate your 3 favorite picks and respond with your selections.

Feel free to use pictures, to share with fellow ninjas why you've made that choice.

Voting closes January 31, 2017

Have fun everyone & thanks for being part of the hidefninja.com community!

vinyl of the year - white and gold Kopie.png

The nomination period ends in 2 days on January 15, 2017

If you didn't nominate your favorites till now- please do it now.
If you want to edit your old post- please do it now. I'll check all posts again on Sunday to create the final list.

I'll start a poll with our nominations and the voting closes then on January 31, 2017

The nominations for Best OST Vinyl Release of 2016 till now are:

Back to the Future Trilogy Boxset & Individual Releases
(Mondo)
Fight Club (Mondo)
From Dusk Till Dawn (Brookvale Records)
Home Alone (Mondo)
It Follows (Milan Records)
Leon: The Professional (Waxwork Records)
Lost Highway (Music On Vinyl)
Neon Demon (Invada)
Searching for Sugar Man (Newbury Comics)
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (Mondo)
Stranger Things (Lakeshore Records)
Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Disney Music Emporium)
Taxi Driver (Waxwork Records)
The Fountain (Mondo)
The Hateful Eight (Third Man Records)
The Ninth Gate (Silva Screen Records)
The Matrix (Newbury Comics)
The Matrix (Amazon)
The Warriors (Waxwork Records)
Twin Peaks (Mondo)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
  • Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and dan8885
The Hateful Eight (Third Man Records)
Taxi Driver (Waxwork Records)
Home Alone Mondo

notable mention Luke cage :)

1. The Hateful Eight - OST (black vinyl) by Third Man Records
Reason: A beautiful Triple Gatefold sleeve, with soft touch cover and spot gloss blood splatter all over it, beautiful artwork choices (better than any of the movie releases), booklet and two insane big posters.
Plus theres movie quotes etched written around the label. It's easily one of my favorite records out of my whole collection.
(Pictures: https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...7-boxset-thirdman-records.73386/#post-1617954)

2. Taxi Driver - OST (tri-color vinyl) by Waxwork Records
Reason: Art by Vance Kelly on this release is outstanding and perfect fit for the movie, first time the score on vinyl and I must say it's one of my Top 3 favorite movies ever, director approved and liner notes by Martin Scorsese, Waxwork did an outstanding job here and when there was no Hateful Eight it would be my #1 choice

3. Home Alone - OST (cheese pizza colored vinyl) by Mondo
Reason: I must confess I'm a big sucker for Christmas- it's my favorite time of the year, the OST & movie IS Christmas to me, Mondo did an outstanding job with the die-cut gatefold jacket with the printed inner sleeves that emulate the "lights on" / "lights off" view of the McCallister house, the "cheese pizza" colored vinyl is a fun idea, I adore this release, it's a great third spot and I can't wait for December 1st when I start to spin it DAILY

Good taste Sir, same I picked :smuggrin:

@dan8885 thank's for the tag mate, For me my number one has to be DUSK TILL DAWN, the blood splatter vinyl look's fantastic, but for me the sleeve artwork on this release is superb, as a collector of print's/poster's (more than anything else) the Matt Ryan Tobin piece has become scarce and sadly I missed out, so when this was announced I was a very happy man, so I consider this a piece of art as well as a great soundtrack to a great movie on a cool looking vinyl...

My other pick's are simply what else I have picked up this year, which isn't a lot but I'll go for in second EX MACHINA HMV, lovely frosted vinyl with great sleeve artwork from a great film, and lastly it was either NIGHTCRAWLER both editions from Invada record's or DRIVE from Invada, and I'll go for DRIVE 5th anniversary neon pink, awesome soundtrack, great release....

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles and dan8885
@dan8885 thank's for the tag mate, For me my number one has to be DUSK TILL DAWN, the blood splatter vinyl look's fantastic, but for me the sleeve artwork on this release is superb, as a collector of print's/poster's (more than anything else) the Matt Ryan Tobin piece has become scarce and sadly I missed out, so when this was announced I was a very happy man, so I consider this a piece of art as well as a great soundtrack to a great movie on a cool looking vinyl...

My other pick's are simply what else I have picked up this year, which isn't a lot but I'll go for in second EX MACHINA HMV, lovely frosted vinyl with great sleeve artwork from a great film, and lastly it was either NIGHTCRAWLER both editions from Invada record's or DRIVE from Invada, and I'll go for DRIVE 5th anniversary neon pink, awesome soundtrack, great release....

Great choices! That Ex Machina HMV exclusive is a beauty. @Noodles helped me out with this gem :drool::notworthy:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
(I notice it follows is in the list but that was released in 2015 and for some reason I thought fight club mondo was out this year)

My top 3 are

• the hateful eight - third man records vinyl
• Leon - waxwork - upper east side splatter variant
• twin peaks - mondo

Other favs are

• nightcrawler - splatter variant (might of been 2015)
• the neon demon - translucent editon
• radiohead - A moon shaped pool - white variant
• ex MACHINA - Hmv clear vinyl

(Still need to get waxwork taxi driver, dusk till dawn and mondo gremlins!!)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: dan8885
(I notice it follows is in the list but that was released in 2015 and for some reason I thought fight club mondo was out this year)

My top 3 are

• the hateful eight - third man records vinyl
• Leon - waxwork - upper east side splatter variant
• twin peaks - mondo

Other favs are

• nightcrawler - splatter variant (might of been 2015)
• the neon demon - translucent editon
• radiohead - A moon shaped pool - white variant
• ex MACHINA - Hmv clear vinyl

(Still need to get waxwork taxi driver, dusk till dawn and mondo gremlins!!)

Great choices! I'll check on the releases you mentioned above when I do the final list and poll later on!

Reactions: Flloydo
The nomination period ends today and I'll create a thread later on with a poll to vote for our final winner. The voting closes then on January 31, 2017.

I already want to thank all of you who supported this Award with your nomination. It's a fun thing to do and interesting to see which releases where at the top of your lists for 2016.

Our small vinyl section here on HDN, between all of these Steels and Hot Toys, grew in 2016 to a nice community of constant supporters.
I want to thank all of you who commented, liked, and started threads to share your passion for vinyl and especially the OSTs with your fellow ninjas.
There's a bunch of new ninjas I see often around the vinyl section now and I want to welcome all of you again to our family here on HDN. Thank you for your support!

From my view, 2016 was the best year for vinyl and especially for OSTs since a long time. There was so much great records this year, it's amazing!

Let's see what 2017 is up to! With The Thing from Waxwork and La La Land from Lakeshore are already two names out that could make a lot of top lists for 2017 :woot:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Status
Not open for further replies.