2001: A Space Odyssey (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Hooltra

The French Touch
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
Paris, France
Release date: April 27th, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi.com (Live at 9 am GMT Sat 2/28)
Price: £14.99

Note: Limited to 2000 copies

2001_21.jpg

2001_31.jpg 2001_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you considered www.amazon.de or www.amazon.fr?
I ordered from amazon.de for about $18USD shipped.

I've had bad experiences with amazon.de and fr. The only time I placed an order they lost my package. Then they wouldn't send me a replacements, had me send in 3-4 emails of paperwork. (which was difficult cuz I dont speak Dutch or French) And finally after 2 weeks of trying I gave up and asked for a refund. Horrible experience. :(

Reactions: sminister
I've had bad experiences with amazon.de and fr. The only time I placed an order they lost my package. Then they wouldn't send me a replacements, had me send in 3-4 emails of paperwork. (which was difficult cuz I dont speak Dutch or French) And finally after 2 weeks of trying I gave up and asked for a refund. Horrible experience. :(

Well unlucky you, ive never heard of anything like this, with both retailers.
Btw. amazon.de ain't dutch its german :rolleyes:

I actually liked the other Zavvi Kubrick steelbooks, somehow the minimalist art of them just look appealing (The Shining could have been better though). I don't understand why they suddenly just chose to change it, this being the film that fits the style perfectly.

In my opinion that cover looks too happy with bright colours and all, is it supposed to be "An Orange Odyssey"? Not feeling too bad that I missed this.

The Artwork on this is lot better than the other Kubrick steelbooks in my opinion as they were not the best looking even though they were similar design
I rather have better looking artwork on a steelbook than matching artwork design of different films

Im with you, not a big fan of the previous releases. Now, maybe if we could get a few of the other classic Kubrick movies with different artwork, that would be nice.

Im with you, not a big fan of the previous releases. Now, maybe if we could get a few of the other classic Kubrick movies with different artwork, that would be nice.
Completely agree. I bought Dr. Strangelove (gallery 1988 range) the other day, in anticipation of collecting Kubrick steel books with interesting artwork. It's disappointing that the Dr. Strangelove steel book does not have interior artwork, so I have a feeling they may in future release another 'proper' steel book version of that film, but nevertheless am delighted to be getting this new version of 2001. Hopefully next we will see a steel book version of Barry Lyndon!

Nice steelbook but im gutted this doesn't have the black design to go with the rest of the Stanley Kubrick collection. Could Zavvi not have just finished releasing the rest of the collection (2001: A Space Odyssey and Eyes Wide Shut) in the same style before releasing alternative designs? :(

Last edited:

That sucks. I import mostly from amazon.de and I've never had issues. I had one package not show up for about 2 months, emailed them, and they mailed me a replacement. Then the original ended up arriving, so I got two of the same movie. Everything else has come undamaged and very fast. Most of the German blus are region free also.

Does anyone know if the German release IS region free? And if it has the same special features as the Zavvi?

Just ordered, $16.89 shipped from Germany to America.

Last edited:
Did anyone in the UK order a second copy that they may have just added to their order to sell on? If Zavvi don't make it live again for any cancellations I may be looking to fellow Ninjas to get a copy. Going to trawl through my email during my day off tomorrow. Just can't believe I didn't order this.