2012 Whats your Plan/Project-HT/Entertainment, etc

Pud1804

Steelbook Whisperer
Premium Supporter
Aug 17, 2010
Scotland
Just wondering if anyone has any plans or projects set for 2012, and I don't mean buying steelbooks.

Are you going to be upgrading your tv or adding a sound system/projector or sorting out storage (always seems to be the one, probably because we are always adding lol) share your plans Idea's.

I will start I have a spare room in my house thats a proper man cave, seriously you could build a car with the tools ext that are there :hilarious:. Its my pottering about room when its too cold for the garage.

I have decided to completely empty it and turn it into a display room :D for my ever growing collection. I now have some very nice steel and its about time it was displayed properly so I plan to use the whole room floor to ceiling shelfing for proper on stand full frontal display. I will be starting this in the next couple of months and will update with pictures along the way.

So what about You

Well that,s my plans all up in the air, I have lost my Movie room :(. Due to circumstances I have had to offer my sister somewhere to live. :(:( don't know how long but have had to turn my movie room into a bedroom for her:(:(.

I am now in the middle of ripping up my lounge to run cable for my set up in this room I will also need some Ethernet sockets. Don't know how it will look or sound as it was not designed for this room but as I don't know how long she will be staying I will be making do, so now because I am going down this road it would be silly not to just redecorate. Oh what fun :rolleyes:

Reactions: lbogenschnmicha
Well that,s my plans all up in the air, I have lost my Movie room :(. Due to circumstances I have had to offer my sister somewhere to live. :(:( don't know how long but have had to turn my movie room into a bedroom for her:(:(.

I am now in the middle of ripping up my lounge to run cable for my set up in this room I will also need some Ethernet sockets. Don't know how it will look or sound as it was not designed for this room but as I don't know how long she will be staying I will be making do, so now because I am going down this road it would be silly not to just redecorate. Oh what fun :rolleyes:

Eh ****** man. Nothing more important then family and friends bro. Your doing the right thing. Things and space come and go.

Started on plans for the display room to cheer myself up after donating my movie room to my sister. I have been pricing up shelfing and stuff, I will be throwing some ideas about for some opinions so please feel free to chip in when I do :scat:

I've redone my room, took all my gear out, sold off my plasma, stand and bits and bobs.

I went out and bought an Onkyo tr-609 amp, Q Acoustics 7000 speaker set up and I'm waiting for a panasonic VT50 3d plasma to arrive. Should be ready in a few weeks.....i hope

Nearly Finished My Display room. Walls all resurfaced and painted, Nice new carpet and PC desk. Will need to get another book case and more stands, but I am really pleased with the result so far as I have done it myself :D What do you think :ohno:

P1030309.jpg

P1030310.jpg

P1030302.jpg

P1030306.jpg

P1030307.jpg

Definitive Edition DVD steels at the bottom. Too many to to show front view :(

P1030308.jpg

P1030303.jpg

P1030304.jpg

P1030305.jpg

P1030334.jpg

P1030335.jpg

The Other Wall
P1030300.jpg

P1030299.jpg

P1030311.jpg

P1030312.jpg

P1030313.jpg

P1030314.jpg

P1030315.jpg

P1030316.jpg

P1030317.jpg

P1030318.jpg

P1030319.jpg

P1030320.jpg

P1030321.jpg

P1030322.jpg

P1030326.jpg

P1030327.jpg

P1030328.jpg

P1030330.jpg

P1030331.jpg

P1030332.jpg

P1030333.jpg

I have another book case coming that I will half along its length and put each half in the end space of the main wall making it wall to wall. That should give room for 30 or so more. I am also planning on another for behind the door so there's plenty of room yet. I am also looking at some led lighting to highlight the steels but still working that out. I am going to use the wall space above the PC desk for some framed stuff using some of the cards from the steels and also some floating shelves on the wall between the door and the main display shelf for some feature stuff. That will all be next but will have to save up some more again. So what do you thing any suggestions would be welcome especially on placement as that's been a huge headache.

Please feel free to chip in any comments or suggestions :scat:

Cheers P :D

Pud1804, amazing. blows away my collection 100x apart...

wow. at least i see some items u don't have from my collection LOL.

I'm always looking for a good deal. If there's a great deal on any system component, especially a 55 inch LED, then i'll replace my sony 55nx810.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pud1804
Damn it, I can't see the pictures at work!

My plans, in no order, as I either have no money, no time or neither of the two :)

1. Build the 2 Ikea Detolf cabinets I just bought, move my Hot Toys in there and make space to display some Steelbooks in the bookcase.

2. Build a curtain box, obtain some decent black out curtains (need to decide on the colour) get shot of the nasty, off white, black out blind that's currently pinned to the window.

3. Obtain yet more CD / DVD racks. I really need to paint these all the same colour too ***sigh***

4. Sell off lot's of extra stuff that is just taking up space! I'm a hoarder and 2012 is the year that changes

I should also paint the ceiling in my HT room a much darker colour, but I know my wife will go mental. I also fancy a nice pair of front speakers for stereo, but I know that doing this will force me to upgrade the other 5 speakers that remain.

Last edited:
Pud that's so amazing. I see some empty shelf space thôūgh!! :hilarious:

Believe it or not when the stands are here and the rest are set out I will be out of space EEK!

Already there's a full shelf sitting spine out because of space :( My complete Definitive steel set (34)

Back to the drawing board :twisted: more space needed :hilarious:

Looks real nice Pud! You don't discriminate on titles & a whole bunch of multiple country releases! Definitely the largest Steelbook display I've seen. That's a huge investment in the stands alone! One hell of a collection & something you should be proud of.

Reactions: Pud1804