2015 - New Additions to the Funko POP! Retired List [Funko]

mlmaier84

EntrepreNINJA
Premium Supporter
Sep 19, 2013
Houston, TX USA
As you can see, in the article (link below), this list was fully updated as of March 8, 2015. Funko has said that they're no longer fully retiring any POP!s. However, they are "vaulting" or "discontinuing" them still. Which basically means that they will stop manufacturing certain pieces with the possibility of starting manufacturing again at a certain date. Personally, I believe this is a smart move on their part. There has been a big fuss from Australia and the UK because certain POP!s were never available for their customers. Just look at the latest re-releases in the last year of such popular figures as Bane, TwoFace, Riddler, etc.. These were made available again specifically for those two countries. I think Funko has done away with the "retired" nomenclature, so that no one can get upset in the future. I also think they've done this so that they can take the "Disney approach" (for lack of a better term), meaning that every so often, they can re-release a super rare POP! from the vault. Maybe a 10th anniversary variant of say, Green Arrow or something. Maybe the POP! is slightly different, or it's exactly the same and it just comes in a special box....who knows? Those are just my thoughts on it. What do you guys think???

*There are some POP!s on this list that have yet to be released (e.g. Anchorman 2, a couple of the Michael Jacksons, etc.), so don't be alarmed if you see any that you didn't think existed. Not sure why they are on there. It could be a matter of them doing the whole "Disney approach" and their take on it is that these new ones started out in the "vault" and haven't been "let out" to be manufactured just yet. Again, who knows???*

Anyways, ENJOY!!!

Here's the link: http://www.awesometoyz.com/blog/retired-funko-pop-list/

Reactions: kaw and Flash
Wow thanks for the list basically all recent ones gone :(
A lot of these can still be found and at retail prices. Some of the older POP!s on the list are gone (for the most part), but a good chunk of them are still available. If you, or ANYONE needs any help finding any, I'm definitely willing to show you the way [emoji12]

Reactions: Flash
I was wondering about the anchorman ones, do you know anything else about those?

I was wondering about the anchorman ones, do you know anything else about those?
This picture was in the 2012 Funko Catalog.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425924600.963245.jpg

As you can see, most were never made unfortunately. Sucks because I never knew until I saw this pic posted in response to a Facebook post that there were ever any plans to make a Ferris Bueller POP! (One of my top 3 MOST wanted). Fingers crossed for him and Burgundy!!!

I think Anchorman 2 POP!s are set to be released later this year, but I could be completely wrong about that.

Reactions: kaw
I really hope they do make the anchorman ones, I love the films.

Aww the Godfather one, that would have been amazing :(

I really want a john Lennon one so hopefully that will get made again.

Oh and a ace Ventura, just see that ln the list too

Oh I just realised that the list means they are being discontinued! I For some reason thought it meant it was re making them. I'm a spaz! Time for sleep!!