2018 Collectible Goals?

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
New year ........ any goals you want to set now? Whether you'll obtain or complete these goals aside ........ :p

What are your goals or dream goals for this year? Perhaps landing a long ISO (In Search of....) or perhaps better displayed?

New Shelves? Custom shelves? Creating your first or a particular custom figure?

Anything you hoping to accomplish this year?

• Thanks
Reactions: ash333 and tridon
I'll be working on my new home all year long, so money will be tight, but I am definitely getting the new ThunderCats Sideshow statues when they go live. I plan to eventually re-buy my Gipsy Danger Sideshow statue that went missing, too.

I'm hoping to complete not 1 ... but 2 ... custom Django figures with blue suit for myself and @raspor ... haven't started none of it yet....

I'd love to land 2 statue ISO's in Jessica Rabbit and Keaton Batman, but in no rush for that so doubt it'll happen.

Other then that, clean sh!t up ... keep it clean, and perhaps change up some displays. Would love to change out media racks ... but that too also ranks further down the pecking order given the scale.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Overhauling my attic to put up professional shelves for all my blu-rays and DVD and professional storage units for my laserdiscs and vinyl. Been working on it slowly over the past 4 months but it should all come together in late February early March. Been taking longer than I had anticipated.
But I'm getting there (so is old age!)
And yes I will post photos when it's done....

• Thanks
Reactions: Wreck
to expand my ever growing QT & RR collection, got a list things I want filled carts at severall of the online shops
There are things "I feel like my colletion is missing" posters, figures, dvd and blue ray collection one or two vinyls that I missed. I NEED
And maybe start getting into laserdisc and VHS, do I need them, YES of course

also to get more billy shels my collection feels cramped up in the ones I currently have

I some times feels like this me and some other people if you switch out the word bad for collectors
@Wreck @tridon @Asopp @bloodsnake007 @cooey @apsmith21 @digitalbabe @Colombianlove41 @Sigill and everyone I forgot

• Thanks
Reactions: Asopp
to expand my ever growing QT & RR collection, got a list things I want filled carts at severall of the online shops
There are things "I feel like my colletion is missing" posters, figures, dvd and blue ray collection one or two vinyls that I missed. I NEED
And maybe start getting into laserdisc and VHS, do I need them, YES of course

also to get more billy shels my collection feels cramped up in the ones I currently have

I some times feels like this me and some other people if you switch out the word bad for collectors

Getting into laserdisc is a great idea as there are loads of stuff on the format you will never see again because of censorship or copyright problems but be warned,Unless you get a top notch player, you won't appreciate the format.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Wreck
Well, as every year, main main goal would be to sum up the right amount of money to finally get my personal holy grail, a DMC-12 Delorean car ;)

I know, the actual car is some kind of sitting duck, tech-wise, but after all these years, this still is the car of my dreams. Unfortunatly avaibility over here in Europe is quite low and prices are pretty jumpy. Even for a wreck you would be the price of a so-so-good-condition in the US. Not to speak of a fully restored one ;)

Well, as every year, main main goal would be to sum up the right amount of money to finally get my personal holy grail, a DMC-12 Delorean car ;)

I know, the actual car is some kind of sitting duck, tech-wise, but after all these years, this still is the car of my dreams. Unfortunatly avaibility over here in Europe is quite low and prices are pretty jumpy. Even for a wreck you would be the price of a so-so-good-condition in the US. Not to speak of a fully restored one ;)

nice, I've looked a few times too and pricing isnt all that bad at least here in the USA for a used one.

As someone who saw it all the time in Belfast and got a chance to sit in it, I was never impressed. Overpriced and badly designed. And it's a pig to handle. It was clearly influenced by Ed Straker's car in the classic TV show UFO .

I pre-ordered the new Mumm-Ra and Lion-O statues from Sideshow. Bought the Tygra Funko POP! finally and I'm going to buy Mezco's 18" Tygra sometime soon... then that's it for my ThunderCats purchases for the year. Kinda wanting the Marvel Legends Infinity Gauntlet, but we'll see. That's pretty much it for my collectible purchasing for 2018. The rest of my cash is going towards my new home and building up my podcast network. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18
I pre-ordered the new Mumm-Ra and Lion-O statues from Sideshow. Bought the Tygra Funko POP! finally and I'm going to buy Mezco's 18" Tygra sometime soon... then that's it for my ThunderCats purchases for the year. Kinda wanting the Marvel Legends Infinity Gauntlet, but we'll see. That's pretty much it for my collectible purchasing for 2018. The rest of my cash is going towards my new home and building up my podcast network. :thumbs:

but if you buy collectibles can´t thati be considered "for the house"

• Thanks
No much goals if it’s just to keep an eye on my budget and not buy unplanned collectibles.

Ouch... that’s gonna be a tough one! :p

• Thanks
This year has been hellish as far as being tempted goes.:rofl: I'd like to work on downsizing my collection as I have to be mindful of how much space I have to work with. It's probably a good thing as I'd only waste even more money if I had more room. I finally got my 1:6 V-Trigger Chun Li from PopCultureShock delivered today.. only took them an extra 10 months more than they estimated. :cautious: The year is already filling up with stuff I want but surely don't 'need'. So yeah I guess my main goal is to stop paying so much attention to new releases so I can control myself! :ohno: