300: Rise Of An Empire (3D + 2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Entertainment Store Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
HDN is proud to bring you this exclusive news:

The Entertainment Store have worked hard with the studio to bring you exclusive steelbook artwork seen nowhere else in the world.

Artwork and finish details:

• World Exclusive Artwork (WEA)
• Zero finish
• Limited to 4,000 copies
• Contains 3D and 2D Blu-Ray discs
• Region Free discs

Release date: 29th September 2014
Pre-orders will go live on Friday 8th August.
Link: 300: Rise of an Empire
Price: £24.99
Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus < click name to join

In the meantime, their full range of Steelbooks is available here:http://www.rakuten.co.uk/shop/the-e...arch/Steelbook/?l-id=gb_product_inshop_search

The Entertainment Store has been trading on RakutenPlay.com and eBay Marketplaces since 2013 and is proud to retail only authentic and high quality Entertainment goods, delivered to customers direct from the Studio and Publishers.

WEA front cover

300 wea es.jpeg

300 es back.jpg
300 es inside.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
Much better artwork. Now if only they could drop the 3D on the front and just maybe have it on the spine, that would be even better.

Reactions: IRON MAN
I much prefer this artwork but can't see past the 3D on the front so will stick with my pre order for the FutureShop exclusive.

In an ideal world there'd be no 3D at all on the front but at the very least make it match the title font and not look like some Windows WordArt!

wordArtDB.jpg

The price of £26.99 has been the norm for ES 3D Steelbooks ("Star Trek into Darkness" & "World War Z"). This may be a little lower in price since it's a Warner title, as opposed to a Paramount one. Whatever price it starts off at, I can't see any major price reduction on this release anytime soon. Unlikely before release date and afterwards, it's going to depend very much on how well it has sold, and how many remaining copies they have in stock.

What is going to give this release its competitive edge, even at this price, is its unique artwork. Every other release worldwide, announced to date, be it Steelbook or FuturePak, 3D or 2D, has borne the same basic artwork. This is the only release that actually offers something different. Not only different but, in my opinion, superior. For this reason, I expect it to sell quite well. Not only to people who have yet to obtain any of the other previously released editions but also to many of those who have.

I already have the German 3D Steelbook which I received as recently as Monday. I'm also quite happy with it. I will, however, have no hesitation in double dipping and will be ordering the ES exclusive, once it goes live on Friday. I imagine there are others who will be doing the same.

There have been numerous Steelbook releases of the original "300" movie, many with different artwork options. I imagine the same will ultimately apply to the sequel.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoneism
Much better art! :cool:

Indeed :cool:

SaberTooth is very pleased to see ES going out of their way to change up the art on this….. I wonder if our comments in the FS thread played a part in this :thumbs: :cool:

RE: 3D logo uproar (again)
Getting so old.... personally I have never really been bothered by it's inclusion with the movie logo :meh: ....but for an increasing number of films these days 3D is the main reason the movie was made... so i can see why the film studio would want to actively promote it on the artwork... no? :meh:

......Sure those clued up on the latest releases may not wanna be reminded, but to the less hardcore outside of HDN, 3D on the cover can be very informative to the average person who has a brand spanking new 3D TV and is looking for new movies to test out their new gear :cool:

Also.... food for thought... perhaps 3D logo on the cover is only particularly upsetting for those who dont have a 3D TV yet? and may be somewhat opposed to the format in general? ...not pointing fingers but, you know... just throwing that one out there ;)

The only reason I'm opposed to the 3D logo is merely because it's a marketing gimmick I associate with usually poor or lacklustre movies that rely on random things that pop out at you for no particular reason other than to get bums in seats. It brings me back to Dredd, the marketing geniuses decided to go with "Dredd 3D". I just hated that title. It doesn't bother me that people like 3D at all but to me it's like putting "300: Rise of an Empire HD" it's an add-on acronym and like ratings logos, should be a sticker. Rant over :smug:

Indeed :cool:

SaberTooth is very pleased to see ES going out of their way to change up the art on this….. I wonder if our comments in the FS thread played a part in this :thumbs: :cool:

RE: 3D logo uproar (again)
Getting so old.... personally I have never really been bothered by it's inclusion with the movie logo :meh: ....but for an increasing number of films these days 3D is the main reason the movie was made... so i can see why the film studio would want to actively promote it on the artwork... no? :meh:

......Sure those clued up on the latest releases may not wanna be reminded, but to the less hardcore outside of HDN, 3D on the cover can be very informative to the average person who has a brand spanking new 3D TV and is looking for new movies to test out their new gear :cool:

Also.... food for thought... perhaps 3D logo on the cover is only particularly upsetting for those who dont have a 3D TV yet? and may be somewhat opposed to the format in general? ...not pointing fingers but, you know... just throwing that one out there ;)
I don't like 3D on my SteelBooks for a number of reasons, one being that as I have mild Amblyopia I have absolutely no use for a 3D disc and even if I did I think it just looks ugly! It isn't even in the same font/typeface and just looks like it has been tacked on at the end of the design stage.

they could just put the 3D on the slip and keep everyone happy.
Agreed, this would let people know that the SteelBook had a 3D disc and would allow people who don't like the logo to display the SteelBook without the J-card.

Reactions: Skog
I agree Ronnie3067 it should just be like how thor 2 or cap 2 or any disney movie that are in steelbook form!! Just tell people it has a 3D disc on the j-card not on the steelbook itself :(!! Where they have 3D placed on the spine is not bad!! Hopefully it changes one day!! :D