Horror-Theatrical Resident Evil: The Final Chapter - In theatres January 27, 2017

Bluprint

Shoeprint
Premium Supporter
Jun 7, 2012
Westside, ATL, GA
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Resident Evil: Rising (2017)

Tagline: Back To The Hive

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Paul W.S. Anderson[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Milla Jovovich[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Wentworth Miller[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ali Larter[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sienna Guillory[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Li Bingbing[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Spencer Locke[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Shawn Roberts[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Johann Urb[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jacob Evans[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2017-01-27[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Alice, Jill, Claire, Chris, Leon, Ada, and Wesker rush to The Hive, where The Red Queen plots total destruction over the human race.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
rYNMyRoC9oe4V0mr5PtIz6CGEGH.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

As per IMDB:

Resident Evil 6 Now Scheduled for September 2nd 2016
Milla Jovovich’s post-apocalyptic journey will continue on September 12, 2014. Source :scat:

resident-evil-retribution-milla-jovovich2_zps72a846e2.jpg

It took us a while, but we finally came to love the Resident Evil movies here at CraveOnline. The first film was alright, we guess, but Resident Evil: Apocalypse was so atrocious that we gave up altogether on the franchise. It was only when Resident Evil: Retribution came out last year that we threw up our hands and watched the whole five film series back-to-back, if only so we'd know what the heck was going on. The bad news: we still had no idea what the heck was going on. The good news: we finally tuned into the series' overblown wavelength, and began to enjoy the franchise's miasma of bullet-riddled, skintight latex zombie fetishism. Resident Evil: Retribution was a damned fun film, and its ridiculous cliffhanger left us wondering when we'd finally see Resident Evil 6.

CraveOnline's sister site Shock Till You Drop has learned that the next film in the hit series is due out in just a year-and-a-half. Details about Resident Evil 6 (subtitle TBD, but may we suggest "The Last Temptation of Wesker?") are non-existent, but it is presumed that Milla Jovovich will return to the lead role of Alice, a former Umbrella Corporation agent/whistleblower/science experiment who once invaded Japan with an army of her very own psychic clones. You know, because that happens sometimes. Paul W.S. Anderson will presumably be involved, although there's no confirmation of whether he'll return to the director's chair. He may not have the time, since his period piece disaster movie Pompeii is also due out that same year.

Normally this is the part where we'd speculate on where the franchise could go from here, but seriously, that's not what the Resident Evil movies are about. They're about sitting back and letting Paul W.S. Anderson do things to you from the other side of a camera. You're probably in for a lot of slow-mo, sexy outfits, outlandish plot twists and explosions. Beyond that, Resident Evil 6 could be about llamas playing rugby with the future of mankind in the balance and we wouldn't even bat an eye.

What do you think? Is the world ready for Resident Evil 6? Will this series ever run its course, or will we keep Jovovich backflipping her way through undead armies and Michelle Rodriguez clones until she's in her seventies? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Resident Evil consistently delivers levels of action that the more critically acclaimed movies of its genre fail to reach. All the time your hear people complain about there not being enough action, and wanting more action well the answer to both of those complaints is more Resident Evil!!!!!! I can't wait! :scat:

Reactions: AlienKing
Awesome!!! Love the RE films. I read that this one may be the last though, I hope not they can keep em coming.

Hopefully it'll end with a bang:D part 5 was alright but it felt...... Bad. Something about that scene where their holding up at the store and shooting 1000's of bullets and the bad guys misses everything. I can expect that from the AU team or the Expendables but it seemed out of place in here. I'll still watch part 6 and get the steels :D:cool::D

I think it's time for a reboot and bring in the real star's of the series Chris, Jill, Leon and Claire. I mean a real Jill and Leon and not the Leon from part 5. He felt like a let down but Ada was pretty and good. :D

according to director Paul W.S. Anderson. “Resident Evil 6″ or RESIDENT EVIL RISING will follow Alice (played by Milla Jovovich) and her crew as they rush to The Hive, where The Red Queen plots total destruction over the human race.

Oh well... another RE... :rolleyes:

Reactions: ocielz
Milla reveals shooting starts this August. Sweet!

Resident Evil actress Milla Jovovich says that the delayed Resident Evil 6 will now begin filming this August.

Jovovich, who last year decided to delay production of the film to accommodate her pregnancy, says that the wait is due to her wanting to be "really careful" about her lifestyle during the pregnancy.

"I've gained all the baby weight I need to have a healthy pregnancy -30 lbs.- and as of last week, I've started having to be really careful about my lifestyle so I don't continue to gain unnecessarily; which is not healthy for me OR my newborn," she says in a Facebook post.

"I'm really proud of myself for not gaining the same amount of weight that I did with our first child (75 lbs.) because I have to be ready to start filming 'Resident Evil- The Final Chapter' in August of this year and I will also be nursing an infant simultaneously (get ready wardrobe department for Alice's new "easy mama access" costume;)) so I don't want to be on any extreme diets to get ready to go back to "action hero" mode! "

Director Paul W.S. Anderson previously revealed that Resident Evil: The Final Chapter may well be the final film in the long-running series. Recently, a new TV series based on the Resident Evil and Mortal Instrument franchises was also revealed, with plans to launch after the film.

Source

I clocked 126 hrs on Residet Evil 5 game flipping love it .

The movies I lost the plot after Extinction . It was oh Zombie here zombie thire . The casting for Chris Redfield was So went wrong . Wesker right actor too soon I felt.

The action yhea was and is thire however I prefer belivable action how meny guns and bullets still knocking around so long after. Script is good too a decent script so as a viewer you have something to connect to.

Still need to see the last one . I just want this one to be better thsn the rest .

I think i might have to go back and watch them again.I stopped after the third film.I have no idea what has happened since.I see Milla is heavy with child on facebook, so maybe she plans on popping the kid out and being on set the next day?That's the only way this movie makes that release date.These movies are heavy on the cgi and actions scenes.

Deadline brings word that Ali Larter is reprising her role :)

ali-larter.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Ali Larter is set to reprise as Claire Redfield in the final chapter of the Screen Gems post-apocalyptic franchise Resident Evil, with Paul W.S. Anderson back to direct a script he wrote. Constantin Film’s Robert Kulzer, Impact Pictures’ Jeremy Bolt, Davis-Films’ Samuel Hadida, and Anderson are producing and Martin Moszkowicz serving as executive producer. The film starts shooting this September in South Africa.

The story picks up after the events of Resident Evil: Retribution, as the Project Alice is forced to race against time before the villainous Red Queen attempts to destroy the final remnants of humanity. The series has been one of the most successful game-to-movie adaptations, grossing over $915 million worldwide. It’s Larter’s third Resident Evil film.