Big Hero 6 in 3D - In theaters November 7, 2014

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
IMDb

From ComingSoon:
Last June, we reported about potential plans for Walt Disney Animation Studios to work on their first Marvel property with Big Hero 6 and after almost a year, it turns out those reports were true.

Directed by Don Hall, Big Hero 6 is an action comedy adventure about brilliant robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada, who finds himself in the grips of a criminal plot that threatens to destroy the fast-paced, high-tech city of San Fransokyo. With the help of his closest companion—a robot named Baymax—Hiro joins forces with a reluctant team of first-time crime fighters on a mission to save their city.

Inspired by the Marvel comics of the same name, and featuring comic-book style action and all the heart and humor audiences expect from Walt Disney Animation Studios, the CG-animated Big Hero 6 hits theaters in 3D on November 7, 2014.

Attachments

• bigherosfsmall.jpg
    bigherosfsmall.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 245
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Drum18
After a panel full of announcements about Pixar and Disney animation projects at Friday afternoon’s presentation at the D23 2013 Expo, director Don Hall took to the stage to talk about and show some new footage from Disney and Marvel’s first animated theatrical feature, November 2014’s 3D Big Hero 6.

"I'm so excited to tell you about this," said Hall. After Winnie the Pooh I was thinking of new material. I kept coming back to two things I love - Disney animation and comic books. I was very excited about the idea of bringing these two things together."

Describing the Marvel property as "an underground Marvel comic," Hall said he liked that it was on the "obscure side" because it gave him and his production team “a chance to make it our own.”

As previously reported, the film will be set in the mash-up setting of San Fransokyo and stars a fourteen year-old "brilliant robotics prodigy" named Hiro Hamada, and his inflatable … yes, inflatable … robot named Baymax.

Baymax was originally programmed to be diagnostic nurse but is reprogramed to be an empathetic superhero concerned about he welfare of everyone around him.

"What I love most of all is the emotional story", said Hall. "It's about a boy who loses his brother and the robot that helps heal his heart.

"I wanted a robot we could fall in love with. I wanted a huggable robot. It's Baymax’s compassionate nature that helps fills the hole in Hiro's heart left by his brother."

According to Disney, Hiro finds himself in the grips of a criminal plot that threatens to destroy the fast-paced, high-tech city. With the help of Baymax, Hiro joins forces with a reluctant team of first-time crime fighters on a mission to save their city.

Other characters include Honey Lemon (who’s a hugger and a fighter), Wasabi-No Ginger (a trained chef and fighter), GoGo Tomago, and Fred.
Source: NEWSARAMA

Reactions: Drum18
From everything I have seen of this, it looks to be a very fun film. looking forward to checking it out. Disney has been on a roll lately.