Fifty Shades of Grey - In theaters February 13, 2015

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
From IMDB:
A literature student Anastasia Steele meets a handsome, yet tormented, billionaire named Christian Grey.
With: Jamie Dornan & Dakota Johnson

Trailer:

Per Gofobo:
NEW YORK, June 27th, 2013 – The global release of Fifty Shades of Grey will start in North America on Friday, August 1st, 2014 with opening dates around the world to be announced. The Focus Features domestic theatrical release will be in theaters nationwide. Universal Pictures International is releasing the movie in the rest of the world.

Sam Taylor-Johnson is directing the highly anticipated film adaptation of E L James’ #1 bestselling book. Fifty Shades of Grey has been adapted into a screenplay by Kelly Marcel. Michael De Luca and Dana Brunetti are producing the movie version alongside Ms. James.

Attachments

• fity-shades.jpg
    fity-shades.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 268
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Drum18

Dakota Johnson Cast as Anastasia Steel in Fifty Shades of Grey

Dakota Johnson will star as Anastasia Steele, the lead female character in Universal Pictures and Focus Features' adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey, it was announced today. The film, which will be released by Focus Features on August 1, 2014 in North America, is being directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson and produced by Michael De Luca and Dana Brunetti alongside E L James, the author of the #1 bestselling book on which the film is based. The screenplay is by Kelly Marcel. The announcement about Johnson�s casting in Fifty Shades of Grey was made today by James.
attachment.php

Johnson's first notable screen role was in the multi-Academy Award-winning 2010 feature The Social Network, on which De Luca and Brunetti were producers. Her subsequent movies include the upcoming feature Need for Speed, 21 Jump Street, and Universal Pictures' The Five-Year Engagement. She also starred as Kate in the Fox Network comedy series "Ben and Kate," which aired during the 2012-2013 season. Johnson is currently shooting the feature film Cymbeline.

"Fifty Shades of Grey" has become a global phenomenon and the trilogy has been translated in 50 languages worldwide since its release. To date, the "Fifty Shades" trilogy has sold over 70 million copies worldwide in e-book and print, making it one of the fastest-selling book series ever.

Universal and Focus acquired the rights to the three books in the "Fifty Shades of Grey" trilogy in March 2012. Focus Features will market and distribute the first film in partnership with Universal.

Fifty Shades of Grey follows the relationship of 27-year-old billionaire Christian Grey and college student Anastasia Steele. Subsequent novels in the series, "Fifty Shades Darker" and "Fifty Shades Freed," explore the couple's deepening relationship.

Charlie Hunnam Cast as Christian Grey in Fifty Shades of Grey

attachment.php

Charlie Hunnam will star as Christian Grey, the lead male character in Universal Pictures and Focus Features' adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey, it was announced today. He joins Dakota Johnson, who will star opposite him as Anastasia Steele and who was confirmed earlier today. The film, which will be released by Focus Features on August 1, 2014 in North America, is being directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson and produced by Michael De Luca and Dana Brunetti alongside E L James, the author of the #1 bestselling book on which the film is based. The screenplay is by Kelly Marcel. The announcement about Hunnam's casting in Fifty Shades of Grey was made today by James.

Attachments

• dakotajohnsonfiftyshades.jpg
    dakotajohnsonfiftyshades.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 279
  • charliehunnamfiftyshades.jpg
    charliehunnamfiftyshades.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 269
fiftyshadesofgrey-ewphoto1-full2.jpg

Fans will have to wait a little longer to see this sexy game play out because Focus Features and Universal Pictures have just pushed back the release date from August 1, 2014 to six months later on February 13, 2015.

First Look: ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Poster

Here is the first official look at Christian Grey in the film adaptation of the novel Fifty Shades of Grey. The movie is now under way with Sam Taylor-Johnson directing Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan as Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey, respectively.

fity-shades_WWW_HIGH.jpg

:movie:

Subscribe to HDN TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/1oOQ5JK Subscribe to HI-DEF NINJA: http://bit.ly/VUWeKF Like us on FACEBOOK: http://on.fb.me/1y5Ax8x Follow us on TWITTER: http://bit.ly/1qRSUvd In Cinemas Valentine's 2015. Fifty Shades of Grey is the hotly anticipated film adaptation of the bestselling book that has become a global phenomenon. Since its release, the “Fifty Shades” trilogy has been translated into 51 languages worldwide and sold more than 100 million copies in e-book and print—making it one of the biggest and fastest-selling book series ever. Stepping into the roles of Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele, who have become iconic to millions of readers, are Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson. Joining Dornan and Johnson in the cast are Luke Grimes as Elliot, Christian’s brother; Victor Rasuk as José, Anastasia’s close friend; Eloise Mumford as Kate, Anastasia’s best friend and roommate; Marcia Gay Harden as Dr. Grace Trevelyan Grey, Christian’s mother; Rita Ora as Mia, Christian’s sister; Max Martini as Taylor, Christian’s bodyguard; Callum Keith Rennie as Ray, Anastasia’s stepfather; Jennifer Ehle as Carla, Anastasia’s mother; and Dylan Neal as Bob, Carla’s husband. Fifty Shades of Grey is directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson and produced by Michael De Luca and Dana Brunetti alongside E L James, the creator of the series. The screenplay for the film is by Join the discussion FORUMS:http://bit.ly/1oMH02y

Continue reading...

Meh, should have been NC-17. I listened to the audio book to see what all the hoopla was about, and I am sure my fellow female coworkers will find a way to drag me to see it. The idea to want appeal to masses and not be too risky is an old Hollywood game. But this series is what it is and the film should have fit the intension. Oh well...,

Well, some claim "bigger is better"? lol

IMAX= higher ticket prices, sure they are trying to capitalize on hype of book series as much as they can and entice female market segment (predominantly) and of course their partners, who will be along for ride (all puns intended). One of the few/first times a 'Romance' flick has been on IMAX, so also somewhat of an experiment.

Still contend there should at least be an NC-17 version on Blu-ray. It is what it is, and they should have had more courage to stay true to source. But alas ticket sales to broader audience, blah blah blah....

Personally, I will pretty much see it to see how Dornan is and because all of the straight women at work will drag me to see it as as a "girls night out". Loved Dornan as serial killer in 'The Fall'. Don't care generally for this type of book or flick/genre (though I did like Secretary and a few others). But, I am interested to see how all of this plays out on screen because however 'raunchy' it may be, I do find their actual dynamic interesting....so I hope they do take it as far as they can.

Last edited:
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Well, some claim "bigger is better"? lol

IMAX= higher ticket prices, sure they are trying to capitalize on hype of book series as much as they can and entice female market segment (predominantly) and of course their partners, who will be along for ride (all puns intended). One of the few/first times a 'Romance' flick has been on IMAX, so also somewhat of an experiment.

Still contend there should at least be an NC-17 version on Blu-ray. It is what it is, and they should have had more courage to stay true to source. But alas ticket sales to broader audience, blah blah blah....

Personally, I will pretty much see it to see how Dornan is and because all of the straight women at work will drag me to see it as as a "girls night out". Loved Dornan as serial killer in 'The Fall'. Don't care generally for this type of book or flick/genre (though I did like Secretary and a few others). But, I am interested to see how all of this plays out on screen because however 'raunchy' it may be, I do find their actual dynamic interesting....so I hope they do take it as far as it should be taken.
What I do find interesting is how each successive generation thinks they have found a 'shocking new' thing!
(Someone please tell Lena Dunham about Mary Martin playing Peter Pan 50 years ago, please....)
This is really just 9 1/2 Weeks again for a generation who doesn't know that movie exists!
Nothing new under the sun here, folks!;)
Although, playing it in IMAX is just a strange strategy. But...I am not the target audience, so...:)