4 the Luv of My Asian Collectibles

Actarus

Premium Supporter
Mar 28, 2014
フリード
So here are my work in progress taking pictures of my Asian Collection :emb:

Thor 2: The Dark World Japan

Thor 2 Japan MovieNex Front.jpg Thor 2 Japan MovieNex Spine.jpg Thor 2 Japan MovieNex Back.jpg

Thor 2: The Dark World Kimchi Exclusive No.8 1/4 Slip

Thor Kimchi 1:4 Front.jpg Thor Kimchi 1:4 Back.jpg

Thor 2: The Dark World Kimchi Exclusive No.8 Lenticular Edition

Thor Kimchi Lenti front.jpg Thor Kimchi Lenti Spine.jpg Thor Kimchi Lenti Back.jpg

Thor 2: The dark World Taiwan 1/4 slip

Thor 2 Taiwan Front.jpg Thor 2 Taiwan Back.jpg

Last edited:
Nightcrawler Nova Exclusive #007 (FullSlip Edition)

When we first saw the mockup of the steel I was very against it, not feeling it at all as I found the artwork had no relevance to the movie…over time I got to warm up to it but loved the back artwork of the steel as I found it really captured the essence of the Movie.

I just received my Copy today and I have no words, I am blown away, I don't remember a WEA that has blown me away that much in a very long while. The FullSlip is a superb Matte Finish with him as Spot Gloss treatment on it, the title as usual embossed always a nice touch on spine and top of FullSlip. The back artwork of the FullSlip I have no words but to kneel down on my knees and bow it is spectacular, to the whole release actually. The back Artwork of the FullSlip of the camera Lenz in red, we have a contrast of embossed/debossed(as it goes in slightly for the lenz design where the outer edge is matte and the one closer to the middle is Glossy) it is so hard to describe the attention to details they have brought to this release. The numbers inside the lenz and the inscription are embossed (since those part of the lenz are debossed). It is pure Class all the way.

The front artwork details of the steel is hard to capture on picture but the whole steelbook is pure Gloss and very high quality, the front title on steel is debossed(indented into the glasses) and the glasses as well have some debossed treatment with some type of pattern in them, in hands it is very Classy and I take everything back I said about the choice of artwork(not liking it for the movie) they made it work with making it so beautiful. The glasses treatment with the title over the sheer Glossiness is something spectaculars.

The Book also PURE quality, as usual very nice and thick paper like a real book none of the flimsy ones) as well as the cards included (Art Cards and Character cards) not to mention the awesome ''Custom Artwork Disk Design''.

This release is a Firm 10/10 and with the Quality of this movie, it did get the proper makeover with this FullSlip from Nova, they went above and beyond what I was expecting, it is just Insane no other words can describe. I have no words but High Praise for Nova…I think Drive and Nightcrawler are simply the 2 best release they have ever made. No way any other releases other than Drive can come up to the High Standard of the Sheer Quality and details of this release, all small details this must have taken lots of planning and intense design… ..but I still was expecting to dislike the front of the steel which they basically made me just dropped my jaw open when I saw this…the details and debossing of the titles is pure Class. Ok I am repeating myself but I am just in awe at this release, So much though was put into designing this FullSlip and Steelbook…Class all the way, This is a Piece of ART !

Drive got The Proper Makeover from Nova after it was already a ''Cult Classic'' and Nightcrawler Got the Proper makeover before it will reach ''Cult Classic'' which is inevitable if you have seen the Movie. Both Classic Movies, both Stunning Art Packages for those 2 movies.

Actarus :emb:

1 - Nightcrawler FullSlip Sealed.jpg 2 - Nightcrawler FullSlip Back Sealed.jpg 3 - Nightcrawler FullSlip.jpg 4 - Nightcrawler FullSlip Number.jpg View attachment 196510 5 - Nightcrawler FullSlip Back.jpg 7 - Nightcrawler FullSlip Back Writing.jpg 8 - Nightcrawler FullSlip Back.jpg 10 - Nightcrawler Glasses Title treatment.jpg 11 - Nightcrawler Front Steel.jpg

Last edited:
WHIPLASH THE BLU COLLECTION Limited Edition (Kimchidvd Exclusive #24)
FullSlip Steelbook & Scanavo FullSlip

FINALLY THEY ARE HERE !!!

Wow, Wow and WOW I have not opened them yet so those are just quick Pictures of them sealed, but you can see right away, you can feel right away that this is something very Special ! The FullSlips is Absolutely Beautiful (I do have to agree though front picture with the holofoil would have looked better on another artwork but the back of it, the holofoil works well on it. Of Course as Usual embossed Title.

The Scanavo Fullslip edition is not a Steelbook but Posting Pictures as this is a FullSlip Package that was sold all together and part of the Kimchi Exclusive for Whiplash and it should be part of all the editions that goes along with this release.

I have to say of course I love the FullSlip and cannot wait to Open it, but ouffff the embossed treatment on the Scanavo Fullslip (even the back Cymbal is embossed) and the Stick on spine is embossed with a debossed title. This year so Far best Package I have seen for a Scanavo FullSlip was ''Big Eyes'' and this goes on second Position if not a tie as both are simply Superb. When you look at it sideways its so freaky as the paper on the drum looks like it is raised from the fullslip but it is flat…just don't know how they can make it feel like it is.

FullSlip Steelbook edition

FullSlip Front.jpg FullSlip Spine.jpg FullSlip Back Sideways.jpg FullSlip Back.jpg

Scanavo FullSlip Edition

Scanavo Front.jpg Scanavo Front 2.jpg Scanavo Front Sideways.jpg Scanavo Spine.jpg Scanavo Back.jpg Scanavo Back 2.jpg

Something I just figured out with my digital camera that I got as a free bank gift -- I can turn the flash off. It may help with your pictures if there is enough indoor light (there usually is with mine). Give it a try and keep posting!

@Actarus OH MY!!!!!! :OMG: I can't believe I just came across this amazing thread! :banghead: Your Collection is absolutely STUNNING! :drool: :hungry:

WOW! :woot:

And my damn fingers hurt from ALL of that 'Thanks' clicking! :blackeye: :p Keep them Editions coming my friend! :thumbs:

@Actarus OH MY!!!!!! :OMG: I can't believe I just came across this amazing thread! :banghead: Your Collection is absolutely STUNNING! :drool: :hungry:

WOW! :woot:

And my damn fingers hurt from ALL of that 'Thanks' clicking! :blackeye: :p Keep them Editions coming my friend! :thumbs:

HAHAHA when I saw all my alerts this morning I flipped until I looked :rofl: Thank so so Kindly for all Those Thanks :notworthy: Much Appreciated !

Thanks so much for the nice words on my Asian Collectibles, and to have given a look to all that I posted :thumbs:

Again Thank you and Glad you enjoyed my Thread for my Asian Collectibles :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

PS: Actually Thanks again you just reminded me that I have some other Asian Releases that I still need to take pictures of ;)

Last edited:
Ok here are Pictures of the FullSlip Steelbook Edition - I was so excited when I unsealed everything and what did it - is when I removed the shrink wrap over the Steelbook my jaw dropped Open I think :dunno: ... Such a Stunning Release, Pictures do not do it Justice, when you have it in Hands this is where you feel it ! And like I said @moon really captures so very well all its beauty(I cannot believe at how insane his pictures are) but these are my own Pics Anyways :emb: We are so treated like it is Christmas with all those editions...

2 - FullSlip Back.jpg 3 - Front Steel.jpg 4 - Front Steel Title.jpg 5 - Back Steel.jpg 6 - Back Steel.jpg 7 - Back Steel.jpg 8 - Inside Steel Disk without bonus.jpg 9 -Inside Steel Disk.jpg 10 - Bonus Item.jpg 11 - Bonus Item Back Book.jpg

A Christmas Gift from ME to ME :woot:

Another Stunning Release adding to my Asian Collectibles :happy:

These are my FIRST 2 Plain Archive Releases !!! …and I am just blown away by the Quality that oozes out of these 2 Releases of ''Ernest & Celestine'' and they are still Packaged/Sealed… Before I Open a copy of each, I will wait to receive my 2nd set of these little gems as I doubled dipped :emb: …but how could I have not !? ...and I can say it as it's not like I am the only one doing so :joy:

I will decide which copy I open of each Type (A & B) once I have received my 2nd set which is coming. When I asked at how ''Plain Archive'' packages their items for shipping, I had asked ''if it was similar like nova'' and I was Told that ''it was the Opposite'' ~ that it is Nova that learned from PA on how to Package :hilarious:

…And indeed it is the first time that I receive such a well packaged Box, best ever package I have to say. Box was bigger than Nova which is nice as the releases are further away from the edge of the box and much more bubble wrap was used :notworthy:…really pleased by everything.

I still decided to take Pictures of them as they are still beautiful sealed and we can see it is ''Quality'' and I Love that ''Plain Archive Sticker'' on the Back :drool:…but once I get my second set, I will of course Open them to enjoy each copy and for my ''OCD side'' one of each will remain sealed :emb::bag:

ERNEST & CELESTINE (DESIGN A & DESIGN B)

Type A&B Front.jpg

ERNEST & CELESTINE (DESIGN A)

Type A Front.jpg Type A Front Sideways.jpg Type A Top.jpg Type A Back.jpg

ERNEST & CELESTINE (DESIGN B)

Type B Front.jpg Type B Front Sideways.jpg Type B Top.jpg Type B Back.jpg

These are my FIRST 2 Plain Archive Releases !!! …and I am just blown away by the Quality that oozes out of these 2 Releases of ''Ernest & Celestine''
Plain is doing it as well as anyone right now. The attention to detail in their releases just keeps increasing -- amazing for collectors like us. Hopefully you can get some earlier releases at decent prices. Good luck and best wishes.

Plain is doing it as well as anyone right now. The attention to detail in their releases just keeps increasing -- amazing for collectors like us. Hopefully you can get some earlier releases at decent prices. Good luck and best wishes.

Yes indeed I can surely see with these 2 editions at how much they pay attention to details and so much care is put from start to Finish. PA was not my cup of tea so much, but with theses 2 releases it was more my Style...hopefully they will release more titles that will appeal to me as shopping with them is just so stress Free. Thanks so much and you as well :happy: Happy new Year and see you on the board next year :thumbs:

Reactions: Hamill82
I had been looking for a Version of ''The Lord of The Ring series Extended Editions'' to add to my Collection as ''The Hobbit'' ones feel like they should be beside this series to have a complete Collection. It somehow feels like owning the Hobbit without The Lord of the Ring Extended Edition series feels incomplete. I fell Upon The Amazon.jp Versions and they are just sooo Beautiful. I only unsealed one yet, so the pictures are of them sealed, but I am planning to get a new book Shelf to put my Collectibles in order(and I have been running out of room), so when I get my new shelf unit these will look nicely beside my ''Hobbit Fullslips Extended'' Series which I love :emb:

2 - LOTR Sideways Group.jpg 3 - LOTR Side Group Spine.jpg 1 - LOTR Spines Group.jpg

I Love Snoopy - The Peanuts Movie [Blu-ray Slipcover] (Amazon.jp Limited Edition) with Bonus Poster(not included with the release)

This is just another sweet release from FOX japan, the release is High Quality from the Slipcover Full Gloss which is very nice(no spot Gloss Treatment this time) to the high quality Blu-ray Amaray case. It feels very nice in hands. Comes with a Bonus Post Card. I did not go for the release with ''bonus A3 Size poster'' as I believe it does not justify the steep price for such a small poster.

Peanuts 1.jpg Peanuts 2.jpg Peanuts 3.jpg Peanuts 9 back cropped amaray.jpg Peanuts 8 cinema schene.jpg Peanuts 4.jpg Peanuts 5.jpg Peanuts 6 postcard front.jpg Peanuts 7 postcard back.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: WKRP and dan8885
AHHHHH Finally my 1-Click is here :happy: ...I found myself falling for the design of both Fullslip from KimchiCollection...and since it was a 1-Click got the lenti to go with them as well... very nice packages but the most Impressive is Fullslip A1 :drool: ...and those PET it is the first time I find them really beautiful and no scuffs marks like so many previous ones. I will open them but keeping them sealed for now just got them :emb: still shrink wrapped together much fun to come :drool:

Good Dino side by side.jpg Good Dino side by sideways.jpg Good Dino PETs.jpg

Reactions: dan8885
This is Definitely one of my Favorite Fullslip Package that I own. Exquisite design wrapped around the wonderful WWA Yellow Steel with Spot Gloss treatment. Really nice Lenticular, Fullslip is nice quality and that 40 Page Booklet is the most beautiful one that I have ever seen to come with an exclusive Package. Thick quality Pages and inside the book there is a section for each actor and pictures from some of their scenes from the film, Simply Beautiful. I cannot Praise this Package enough. This is Wickedly Awesome :drool::drool::drool:

1 - MFU Front Slip Sealed.jpg 2 - MFU Back Artwork J-Card.jpg 3 - MFU Lenti.jpg 4 - MFU Front Slip.jpg 5 - MFU Slip Sideways.jpg 6 - MFU Back Artwork Slip.jpg 7 - MFU Back Steel.jpg 8 - MFU Inside Artwork Steel.jpg 9 - MFU Package Shot.jpg 10 - MFU Package Shot 2.jpg

Here are some open pictures of IT FOLLOWS FullSlip Kimchi Exclusive. There's some minor scuff marks and parts that look like the steel didn't have time to dry when manufactured, but with a super Gloss Black Steel I think imperfections go along too well. When in hands it does look very nice, we notice some small stuff but it is more when you play with the Gloss Steel with the light looking at many different angles that you notice those little scratches and discoloration but it is minimal. If you are OCD+ this would be a problem, but I opened my Lenti A as well(Lenti has such nice depth unsealed) and both editions slips and Bonus Items are all perfect. I would suggest if you want to take the Fullslip ''in and out'' of SCF2 not recommended as I created small scratches on Fullslip (Fullslip scratches easilly), so I put it in an SCF4 to make sure when I remove the Fullslip from the protective sleeve to look at it, it has more room to come out from the protective SCF without rubbing on the SCF2. But Overall it is a splendid release.

1 - Fullslip Front.jpg 2 - Fullslip Bck.jpg 3 - BCK Book holder.jpg 4 - Inside art and Diskr.jpg 5 - Title steel.jpg 6 - steel Sideways.jpg 7 - steel Front.jpg 8 - steel Back.jpg

Adjustment Bureau (G1 Blu-ray Steelbook) Amazon.jp Exclusive

I Always thought this was a beautiful Steebook for this great movie, but I never Opened it until today as I wanted to watch it again.
It is such a nice little piece of Steel. Really awesome Design and debossed title. I love matte finishes and this design works so well with it. Really Quality Steelbook. Recommended :thumbs:

Adjustment Bureau - 1.jpg Adjustment Bureau - 2.jpg Adjustment Bureau - 3.jpg Adjustment Bureau - 4.jpg Adjustment Bureau - 5.jpg Adjustment Bureau - 6.jpg Adjustment Bureau - 7.jpg

her (Kimchidvd Exclusive #17) Fullslip Edition

When I first watched this movie, I didn't like it that much. So Obviously I Passed on This release. Just about 4 to 5 days ago, the release thread for ''HER'' Kimchi Exclusive was ''bumped up'' and I decided to give another look at the movie as what I saw for both editions for this movie was just superb. The Fullslip and the Lenticular are exquisitely designed and put together with much thought. To my Surprised I enjoyed the movie this time around :happy:

So now I had to have my own copy. I was lucky enough to find a Pure OCD copy with a Very Special Number. Usually I am not that bothered with numbering, but when they are special ones its always nice. I am still in shock that after such a long time and the rarity of this release, that I could have found this Oh so Perfect Copy :drool:

2 - Fullslip Fronf.jpg

1 - Fullslip Fronf.jpg 3 - Fullslip Back.jpg Numbering Card.jpg

They Finally Arrived and they are as beautiful as @moon Pictures :drool: ...I didn't open one yet but I will surely soon to appreciate the finishes and Bonus Items.
This is my 2nd PA Release and loving it, worthy to have a place amongst my collectibles :oohyeah:
Still Alice no.1.jpg

Still Alice no.2.jpg Still Alice no.3.jpg