Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Logan

Tagline: His time has come

Genre: Action, Drama, Science Fiction

Director: James Mangold

Cast: Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Dafne Keen, Boyd Holbrook, Stephen Merchant, Richard E. Grant, Sienna Novikov, Eriq La Salle, Elise Neal, Elizabeth Rodriguez, Doris Morgado, David Kallaway, Han Soto, Jayson Genao, Krzysztof Soszynski, Alison Fernandez, Quincy Fouse, Al Coronel, Frank Gallegos, Anthony Escobar, Reynaldo Gallegos, Stephen Dunlevy, Daniel Bernhardt, Ryan Sturz, Brandon Melendy, Luke Hawx, Paul Andrew O'Connor, Rocky Abou-Sakher, Jean Claude Leuyer, Jef Groff, Jeremy Fitzgerald, Chris Palermo, Clinton Roberts, Keith Jardine, Andrew Arrabito, Sebastian James, Aaron Matthews, Garrett Hammond, Matt McClain, Maureen Brennan, Hannah Westerfield, Bryant Tardy, Ashlyn Casalegno, Parker Lovein, Jimmy Gonzales, Lennie Loftin, Mark Ashworth, James Handy, Bryce Romero, Phi Vu, Chester Rushing, David Simpson, Lauren Gros, John Raymond, Vanessa Cloke, Katie Anne Mitchell, Lara Grice, James Moses Black, Ned Yousef, Baxter Humby, Daniel Hernández, Michael Lehr, Bryan Sloyer, John Bernecker, Joe Williams, Robert Wu, Victor Winters-Junco, Craig Henningsen, Evan Dane Taylor, Toby Holguin, Panuvat Anthony Nanakornpanom, Eyad Elbitar, Rissa Rose Kilar, Salef Celiz, Aidan Kennedy, Chase Cubia, Vincenzo Lucatorto, Haley Glass, Nayah Murphy, Emma Teo, Noell Jellison, Ella Rowbotham, Hudson Wright, Sebeon Jackson, Kelton DuMont, Damon Carney, Dave Davis, Cynthia Woods, Mali O'Connor, Robert Vargas, David Paris, Ted Ferguson, Juan Gaspard, Julia Holt, Gonzalo Robles

Release: 2017-02-28

Runtime: 137

Plot: In the near future, a weary Logan cares for an ailing Professor X in a hideout on the Mexican border. But Logan's attempts to hide from the world and his legacy are upended when a young mutant arrives, pursued by dark forces.

[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Logan

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]James Mangold[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Hugh Jackman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Patrick Stewart[/ACTOR]

Plot: Set in the future, Logan and Professor Charles Xavier must cope with the loss of the X-Men when a corporation lead by Nathaniel Essex is destroying the world leaving it to destruction, with Logan's healing abilities slowly fading away and Xavier's Alzheimer's forcing him to forget. Logan must defeat Nathaniel Essex with the help of a young girl named Laura Kinney, a female clone of Wolverine. [/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
gGBu0hKw9BGddG8RkRAMX7B6NDB.jpg

View attachment 177964[/SPOILER]

I would love another 5 or 6 movies From Jackman's Wolverine :D can't see anyone else being that character. Maybe a possible X Force movie? And Make it Hard R ;)

Origins: Wolverine was a disaster, but The Wolverine was kind of ok. I don't know.. What else can they tell us about this character?

Can we totally forget that X-Men Origins: Wolverine existed and redo it ENTIRELY....
And maybe this time, re-insert Deadpool again... but... FOR REAL!!! :p

As a Wolverine reader of 20+ years, there's SO many great stories that they can adapt for his next solo film: Coyote Crossing, Not Dead Yet, Return of the Native, Blood Debt, the Daken/X-23 saga, Wolverine in Madripoor, Get Mystique, The Brotherhood... honestly, I could go on and on and on. There are two stories that I would love to see adapted, though.

1) Kitty Pryde and Wolverine
Kitty Pryde's father Carmen has run into trouble with the Japanese Yakuza. In order to help him, Kitty follows him on a business trip but is captured by mob boss Shigematsu and the evil ninja Ogun, who brainwashes her into becoming a deadly ninja assassin. After she single-handedly slices up a group of ninjas, he orders her to kill Logan (Wolverine).
A masked Kitty almost kills Wolverine, before she is knocked out by Logan's friend Yukio and comes to her senses. Terrified at having been turned into a killing machine, Kitty wants to flee, but Logan forces her to overcome her conditioning by focusing on her inner strength. When Kitty, Yukio and Logan vanquish their opponents, Kitty has the chance to kill Ogun. But she balks, stating she cannot do it. For Wolverine, it is the proof that she is truly herself again. When Ogun tries to kill her, Wolverine impales him on his claws. They clear Carmen Pryde's name and return to the United States.
Not only would this story be a perfect fit for a sequel to The Wolverine, but it'd also showcase Ellen Page's Kitty Pryde. With that said, the film series has been done differently than the comic books. In the comics, Logan has played father-figure to Kitty on many occasions, but in the movies, that role has been played out on Anna Paquin's Rogue. So, yeah... while I'd rather see Kitty go to Japan, I still think that the story would be cool with Rogue alongside Wolverine.

2) Old Man Logan
The USA has been conquered and divided amongst supervillains, with territories belonging to The Abomination (later conquered by the Hulk), Magneto (later conquered by a new Kingpin), Dr. Doom and the Red Skull, who has named himself President. Heroes have been wiped out of existence, with the few survivors in hiding. Logan lives with his wife Maureen and young children Scotty and Jade on a barren plot of land in Sacramento, California, now part of the territory known as "Hulkland." Logan, needing money to pay rent to his landlords (the incestuous grandchildren of the Hulk and his first cousin She-Hulk), accepts a job from a now-blind Hawkeye - to help him travel east to the capital of New Babylon, and deliver a secret package (which Logan assumes to be drugs).
Logan and Hawkeye encounter several diversions on their journey. They rescue Hawkeye's daughter (who seems to be an aspiring hero herself), from the clutches of the new Kingpin, before she murders Kingpin and reveals her intention to seize his territory.
They escape a cluster of Moloids, who are destroying cities by sinking them from beneath the surface. They then get chased by a Venom symbiote-infused dinosaur (imported from the Savage Land), before being rescued and teleported by the White Queen and Black Bolt.
Throughout the story it is reiterated that the "Wolverine" persona died the day the villains attacked, and Logan has refused to use his claws ever since. Via flashbacks it is revealed that on the night the attack happened, a group of forty supervillains apparently attacked the X-Mansion. Unable to locate his teammates, Wolverine slaughtered the attackers to ensure the safety of the mutant children. As the last "attacker" was killed, Logan realized that the entire assault was an illusion created by Mysterio, and his perceived enemies were actually his fellow X-Men. This destroyed him emotionally and mentally, and he fled the Mansion in shock. Though he made a subsequent suicide attempt, Logan could not actually kill himself, but had effectively killed "Wolverine".
When they finally reach the capital, Hawkeye delivers his package to an underground resistance group hoping to begin a new Avengers-esque team. The package is revealed to be a case of Super Soldier Serum, enough to form an army. But Hawkeye's clients expose themselves as undercover S.H.I.E.L.D agents. They shoot and kill Logan and Hawkeye. However, Logan's body heals, and he awakens in Red Skull's trophy room amongst the armaments and costumes of the world's fallen superheroes. Without using his claws, he kills Red Skull's men and engages Red Skull himself, eventually decapitating him with Captain America's shield. He grabs a briefcase of money (their intended reward for the delivery) and uses pieces of Iron Man's armor to fly back home.
Upon arriving, Logan discovers that in his absence the Hulk's grandchildren murdered his family, and left the bodies unburied. This causes Logan to finally unleash his claws. He seeks out and slaughters the entire Banner clan before encountering old man Banner himself, who displays monstrous strength even in his human form. Banner reveals that while the murder of Logan's family was intended as a message to others, he really just wanted to get Logan angry enough to fight him because he had gotten bored being a "super-villain landlord" like the others. In his Hulk form, Banner is enormous, bigger than the Hulk has ever been shown before, and easily defeats and consumes Logan, but Logan recuperates within Banner's stomach and bursts out, killing him. Afterward, he discovers a baby hulk - Bruce Banner Junior.
A month later, Logan and his neighbors hold a small memorial for Logan's family. Logan then says he plans to defeat all the new world villains and bring peace to the land—with he, and Bruce Banner Junior, being the first members of a new group of superheroes.
Alright, now this story would be a perfect way to retire Jackman's Wolverine, so I think this would be best saved for the end of the actor's film run, but there's also a few problems. In the comics, this story featured EVERYONE, so it'd obviously need a LOT of re-writing to work as a film because Fox can really only use the X-Men and the Fantastic Four. Daredevil's gone back to Marvel now, so even the Kingpin is off the board. In true X-Men film fashion, though, the only thing that'd probably really carry over is the title, anyway. In the comic, Hawkeye plays the role of Wolverine's partner... in the film, this could easily be replaced by a proper Deadpool (played by Ryan Reynolds, of course). Plus there's another positive: Mark Millar -- the man who wrote this comic story -- is now the official consultant on all Fox superhero projects, so if Fox wanted to make this film, I'm sure he'd have no problem helping them out and re-working the plot to better fit the film universe. One thing's for certain, though: this comic NEEDS to become a film. Seriously, people... if you like Wolverine, go read this story immediately.

In the end, I'm really happy that it's James Mangold who's returning with Jackman to continue Wolverine's on-film adventures. The man's a proven director with films like 3:10 TO YUMA and WALK THE LINE under his belt. If Bryan Singer/Matthew Vaughn can take charge of the X-Men films while Mangold/Jackman take charge of the Wolverine solo films, I think the X-film universe is in REALLY great hands!

P.S. Horhay, while Origin was a great story, it'd never work because Logan/James was too young in it... so there'd be no need for Jackman. With that said, I think it'd make the PERFECT Wolverine film to reboot the character once Jackman moves on. It's sad to think of, but Jackman can't play the character forever and Fox will never let go of the X-Men, so he'll have to eventually be replaced by another actor. I'm fine to think of Wolverine as James Bond and to realize that another actor will one day play the character, but while Jackman's still kicking ass and in his prime, that day better be far, far off.

Fox Dates The Wolverine Sequel... March 3rd, 2017! :thumbs:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/fox-sets-dates-wolverine-fantastic-690143

James Mangold is returning to direct the sequel to The Wolverine, which earned more than $414 million globally last year.

Hugh Jackman Set to Return! - David James Kelly Writing ‘Wolverine’ Sequel Script.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=116341

Following yesterday's announcement that James Mangold's sequel to last year's The Wolverine would be hitting theaters March 3, 2017, Deadline is reporting that 20th Century Fox has set David James Kelly to provide the screenplay with Hugh Jackman set to once again play the Ol' Canucklehead.

The next solo Wolverine film will mark either Jackman's eighth or ninth big screen appearance as the character, depending on whether or not Wolverine is part of Bryan Singer's X-Men: Apocalypse, arriving in 2016.

:movie:

Well if thats going to be his last film as Wolverine, then FOX will be severely limited in their plans for their shared universe of characters right? They just started to venture into shared unvesres by connecteing Fantastic 4 and Deadpool to the X-Men series and I had a feeling it would all lead up to battle with Galactus. But, if Jackman isnt in there then, I cant see it happening.

Hugh Jackman Reveals Wolverine Teaser Image :photo:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/465963-hugh-jackman-reveals-wolverine-teaser-image#/slide/1

Hugh Jackman wants to know what you want to see from his final performance as Wolverine!

Following its debut during 20th Century’s Fox feature film presentation at Comic-Con International, early teaser art for the upcoming Untitled Wolverine Sequel has now officially been released by none other than Wolverine himself, Hugh Jackman. The Academy Award nominee tweeted the design along with the request that fans tweet him back with the hashtag #OneLastTime and explain what they want to see from his final big screen appearance as the Marvel Comics character.

“My last time putting on the claws,” Jackman reiterates in his post. “What do you want to see happen? 50 words or less. I’ll read as many as I can.”
Wolverine_OneLastTime.jpg

If they are going to do, OLD MAN LOGAN, they need to get the rights to some of those iconic characters from the storyline. They can't use Hawkeye or Hulk, hell they can't even mention Captain America or Avengers.......No NO No:(

‘Wolverine 3′: Patrick Stewart Confirms 'Professor X' Plays a Significant Role :woot: :thumbs:

http://www.slashfilm.com/wolverine-3-patrick-stewart/
When Hugh Jackman brings out the claws one last time for Wolverine 3, it looks like he’ll do so with an old friend by his side. X-Men star Patrick Stewart has confirmed Professor X has a significant role in the upcoming film, believed to be based on the Old Man Logan storyline from the comics. Read the Wolverine 3 Patrick Stewart news after the jump.

Collider sat down with Stewart to ask if reports of Professor X appearing in the Old Man Logan arc for Wolverine 3 were true. Stewart’s response:

"I think what you say is true. There is a project in development. I understand that Professor Xavier will be making more than an appearance, however, and that intrigues me. And the idea of an old Wolverine – I’m really looking forward to Hugh Jackman getting old. You know, damn him. He looks so great! So I’m hoping to see him covered in prosthetics, you know? And then he’ll make me look better if that’s the case."
popcorn2.gif

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database