The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: Disney Collection #20) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: August 11th, 2014
Price: £19.99
Purchase link: The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Notes: gloss finish

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks
See the entire Zavvi SteelBook collection

01.jpg

02.jpg
03.jpg

04.jpg
05.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 341
Last edited by a moderator:
Why all the negativity? Don't buy them if you are not interested but I can guarantee there are lots of collectors who can't wait to see what these new announcements will be.

It's not about not being interested - it's about being TOO interested. I'd love to have all these, but I just flat out can't afford 5 releases every month or two. Which is why so many people have been canceling on this series. If I can't possibly get them all then I don't want any of them.

It's not about not being interested - it's about being TOO interested. I'd love to have all these, but I just flat out can't afford 5 releases every month or two. Which is why so many people have been canceling on this series. If I can't possibly get them all then I don't want any of them.

No one ever said steelbook collecting was a cheap hobby, yes there are a lot of steelbook releases everywhere in the world and not all releases appeal to everyone which is why we are different.
The thing I find frustrating is the amount of criticism people give zavvi for releasing these Disney/Pixar releases, if you don't want a dull matte finish as people keep moaning about then buy the std amaray but I thought forums were about like minded people sharing there enthusiasm with each other?

There is too much negativity on the forums currently and it is pissing me off!

Reactions: JackRegan
There is too much negativity on the forums currently and it is pissing me off!

Great way to inspire the positivity bud :p

I know what you mean about all the criticism about Zavvi, but from a neutral stand point it is pretty full on from both sides of the fence and has been for a while. For every negative Zavvi post there is an overprotective one and it can be a bit much for all of us who are trying to ignore it and focus on the many other fantastic releases from all around the world.

Wouldn't it be great if everyone could respect each other and their opinions. But at the same time, regardless of which side people sit, sometimes keeping opinions to themselves is just as productive.

I know what you mean about all the criticism about Zavvi, but from a neutral stand point it is pretty full on from both sides of the fence and has been for a while. For every negative Zavvi post there is an overprotective one and it can be a bit much for all of us who are trying to ignore it and focus on the many other fantastic releases from all around the world.

Wouldn't it be great if everyone could respect each other and their opinions. But at the same time, regardless of which side people sit, sometimes keeping opinions to themselves is just as productive.

It I just very frustrating when there is a new thread about a new release and the first several posts are all negative, I for one am a lover of all things blu ray and collectable which is why I look on forums several times during the day or week as I can't wait for the next time I refresh and there is a new announcement.
I don't think of myself of an advocate of Zavvi as I have had my problems but feel everything they do they are heavenly criticised, just my opinion

Sorry for the poor choice if language previously.

Reactions: zoneism

That's what I find more... annoying. It's when people start reacting to 'negative' opinions, assuming they aren't too harsh and aren't specifically targeting anyone but the distributor and/or manufacturer. No one reacts to positive posts, so people shouldn't be reacting to the negative ones. If people really like whatever steel it is they're looking at, negative opinions shouldn't bother them! At least that's my opinion and usually my reaction when someone comes into an Asian release and starts saying "I don't understand what all the hype's about, they're just Asian characters and cheap extras".

It I just very frustrating when there is a new thread about a new release and the first several posts are all negative, I for one am a lover of all things blu ray and collectable which is why I look on forums several times during the day or week as I can't wait for the next time I refresh and there is a new announcement.
I don't think of myself of an advocate of Zavvi as I have had my problems but feel everything they do they are heavenly criticised, just my opinion

Sorry for the poor choice if language previously.

Completely respect that mate. Only my first sentence was 'directed' at you and I was just having an ironic giggle with you at your post. No need for you to apologise ;)

The rest of my post was more a comment on the current trend here. I don't hate it or anything and wouldn't ever hope for everyone to keep quiet instead of having their say, but there is a perfectly good method of thanking a post that people agree with, instead of repeating the same message in a slightly reworded post for page after page, that gets the point across just as effectively. 'Thanking' often also helps prevent things getting too heated and everyone gets to express what side they sit on or which views they concur with.

Anyway, back on topic :p. Hopefully, once they are announced, these Disney titles are what people are after

That's what I find more... annoying. It's when people start reacting to 'negative' opinions, assuming they aren't too harsh and aren't specifically targeting anyone but the distributor and/or manufacturer. No one reacts to positive posts, so people shouldn't be reacting to the negative ones. If people really like whatever steel it is they're looking at, negative opinions shouldn't bother them! At least that's my opinion and usually my reaction when someone comes into an Asian release and starts saying "I don't understand what all the hype's about, they're just Asian characters and cheap extras".

But if you not Intrested in a product for what ever reason then why push your opinions on people who are general positive about it? That's what I don't understand,
Why upset people with negative comments people who participate In forums generally want to discuss there enthusiasm for the product not have the negative comments pushed under there noses
Just because I don't like something I'm then not going to go somewhere that people want to talk about it because they are generally excited about that is just a little selfish to be honest and bursting peoples bubble!