Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Pixels (2015)

Tagline: Game On.

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Chris Columbus[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Adam Sandler[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michelle Monaghan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Peter Dinklage[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Josh Gad[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kevin James[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ashley Benson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sean Bean[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jane Krakowski[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brian Cox[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-07-24[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Video game experts are recruited by the military to fight 1980s-era video game characters who've attacked New York.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
ktyVmIqfoaJ8w0gDSZyjhhOPpD6.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Sony Pictures Entertainment has set its summer tentpole Pixels for release on May 15, 2015. The movie, which stars Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Josh Gad and Peter Dinklage, will be directed by Chris Columbus.

When aliens misinterpret video-feeds of classic arcade games as a declaration of war against them, they attack the Earth, using the games as models for their various assaults. President Will Cooper has to call on his childhood best friend, ’80s video game champion Jules Brenner, now a home theater installer, to lead a team of old-school arcaders to defeat the aliens and save the planet.

Principal photography will begin next month on the Happy Madison/1492 Pictures production, which was written by Tim Herlihy and Timothy Dowling, based on the short film directed by Patrick Jean and produced by One More Production. Pixels will be produced by Happy Madison’s Adam Sandler and Allen Covert, and 1492 Pictures’ Chris Columbus, Michael Barnathan and Mark Radcliffe. Executive producers are Barry Bernardi, Jack Giarraputo, Seth Gordon, Tim Herlihy and Heather Parry.

The May 15 release date puts Pixels up against Pitch Perfect 2 and Mad Max: Fury Road.

PIXELS, based on the short film directed by Patrick Jean:

popcorn2.gif

pixels-poster.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: snsguy and Drum18
I saw the original short of what this movie will be based on and I was thinking to myself, "That could be a COOL Movie! Somewhat of a Live Action Arcade/tetris/Pac-Man movie? :wtf:" Then I read, 'Starring Adam Sandler... :(

LOL! :hilarious: I've been disappointed by him too many times as of late... The days of Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison are long gone. But I'll wait for an official teaser/trailer. :thumbs: My wife loves this guy so DAMN much... I know I'll get dragged to see it anyway! :angry: But I admit... I really enjoyed 'That's My Boy! It was about time he had made a Rated R film!

I saw the original short of what this movie will be based on and I was thinking to myself, "That could be a COOL Movie! Somewhat of a Live Action Arcade/tetris/Pac-Man movie? :wtf:" Then I read, 'Starring Adam Sandler... :(

LOL! :hilarious: I've been disappointed by him too many times as of late... The days of Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison are long gone. But I'll wait for an official teaser/trailer. :thumbs: My wife loves this guy so DAMN much... I know I'll get dragged to see it anyway! :angry: But I admit... I really enjoyed 'That's My Boy! It was about time he had made a Rated R film!

I was thinking the same thing. That's a pretty creative short to base a movie on and to then be put in the hands of Sandler? Really? I've liked a number of his movies in the past, but for a number of years now they've all fell flat. The story better be spectacular if it's going to be any good. It's a really great concept though so I have more faith in it.

Why do I have the same horrible Grown Ups vibe watching this.... crap... :(
I kinda love the concept... but Sandler did it again... ruin some great idea with bad childish jokes...

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo
Okay so when I see the short a very long time ago I loved it, then I heard a film was being made..... Cool,
Now I've seen the official trailer and realised its Adam sandler and Kevin James I am not up for this at all. Although sandler (in the trailer) don't seem too annoying I'm not happy they are both in this. The pac Man (8)bit made me chuckle a little

Reactions: Mr Y Fronts
This actually looks like it could be a good movie in my opinion! I love Adam Sandler, but not the past few movies he's been releasing. Hopefully this one won't go downhill!

Watched the trailer yesterday, completely blind to the movie, not really heard about it. So the trailer started well, and the alien invaders being old skool arcade games characters is a great premise, BUT then Adam Sandler and his ghostbusters style crew show up. Thanks for completely draining any enthusiasm I had for this....not even Pacman biting the hand that feeds him will make me go see this at the cinema...

I hope for the best- but this is an Adam Sandler production that brought Chris Columbus on board, NOT a Chris Columbus movie with Adam Sandler. So this is the same crew that brought us Grown Ups 1 & 2.
But, here's hoping it isn't the usual Happy Madison dreck dressed up with CGI.
Original Short:

Is this movie really that bad? Or is it just the Transformers/Michael bay thing with Sandler where no one is even willing to look at it objectively and just call it trash and over criticize from the jump? I mean you cant expect a masterpiece. Gotta find a day to see for myself tho.

This guy needs to relax...lmao

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Is this movie really that bad? Or is it just the Transformers/Michael bay thing with Sandler where no one is even willing to look at it objectively and just call it trash and over criticize from the jump? I mean you cant expect a masterpiece. Gotta find a day to see for myself tho.

LOL! :p I checked out that video earlier this morning, sounds like he fu**ing hated it!? :hilarious: LOL! :D The wife is a huge Sandler fan :meh: so we might see this tonight...I prefer to just wait for the bluray ;)

Now Playing.jpg

Damn... the guys is pissed off good. Nice review :p