Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - In theaters November 18, 2016

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Fantasy, Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]David Yates[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Eddie Redmayne, Colin Farrell, Ezra Miller, Dan Fogler, Samantha Morton, Katherine Waterston[/ACTOR]

Plot: The adventures of writer Newt Scamander in New York's secret community of witches and wizards seventy years before Harry Potter reads his book in school.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
h2jeaei-jpg.207418
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Warner Bros. has set a date to the 1st entry in the HP spinoff Trilogy... Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them! :thumbs:

rowling.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=118226

Warner Bros. has set their Harry Potter franchise spinoff, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, for release on November 18, 2016. The film, based on J.K. Rowling's world of witches and wizards and inspired by Harry Potter’s Hogwarts textbook of the same name, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them will follow the adventures of the book’s fictitious author, Newt Scamander.

The first in a planned trilogy set in the wizarding world, the story will feature magical creatures and characters, some of which will be familiar to devoted Harry Potter fans. The laws and customs of the hidden magical society will be familiar to anyone who has read the Harry Potter books or seen the films, but Newt's story will start in New York, seventy years before Harry's gets underway.

:thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
‘Harry Potter’ Spinoff ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Director Revealed: David Yates :thumbs:

http://www.slashfilm.com/fantastic-beasts-director-david-yates/

Harry Potter series director David Yates will return to JK Rowling’s magical world, helming the Harry Potter spin-off movie Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Yates is a longtime member of the Potter film series, having directed Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and both parts of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. More information on the adaptation and the Fantastic Beasts director, after the jump.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is inspired by a textbook used by Hogwarts students within the Harry Potter universe. Newt Scamander is the book’s (fictional) author. In 2001, Rowling turned Fantastic Beasts into a real 54-page volume to benefit the charity Comic Relief.

Although the upcoming Fantastic Beasts will be set within the Harry Potter universe, Rowling has described the spinoff film as “neither a prequel nor a sequel” to the adventures of Harry and company. The story will unfold in New York City seven decades before Harry came into the universe. So its unlikely that Daniel Radcliffe will have a cameo, even if he’s willing to consider one. Rowling is writing the screenplay for the movie which will follow a fictitious author named Newton Artemis Fido Scamander, who was commissioned to write a reference guide to the magical beasts of the wizard world.

When the project was first announced in September, Warner Bros. said that it was “planned as the first picture in a new film series.” In March, a report from The New York Times claimed that Warner Bros. wanted to turn the book into a trilogy of “megamovies.” Earlier this month, Warner Bros revealed a series of new movies under the title “Untitled WB Event Films”, which we speculate could be the planned sequels for Fantastic Beasts:

• Untitled WB Event Film – November 16, 2018
  • Untitled WB Event Film – November 20, 2020
So could the new 2018 and 2020 release date be for the follow-up Fantastic Beasts movies? We think so. The big thing to notice is that both dates fall in November on the same week that the Harry Potter spin-off film Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is set to debut in 2016.

Oscar Winner Eddie Redmayne Enters the Wizarding World as Newt Scamander in “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them”

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...-Redmayne-Enters-Wizarding-World#.VWz7GIHn_qD
Academy Award-winning actor Eddie Redmayne has been cast as Newt Scamander in Warner Bros. Pictures’ much-anticipated wizarding world adventure “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.” The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President of Creative Development and Worldwide Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

Redmayne will play J.K. Rowling’s creation Newt Scamander, the Wizarding World’s preeminent magizoologist, who in his travels has encountered and documented a myriad of magical creatures, ultimately leading to his penning the Hogwarts School textbook Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

In making the announcement, Silverman said, “Eddie Redmayne has emerged as one of today’s most extraordinarily talented and acclaimed actors. We are thrilled to welcome him into J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World, where we know he will deliver a remarkable performance as Newt Scamander, the central character in ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.’”

Making her screenwriting debut on the film, J.K. Rowling has developed the character of Scamander and his primer—taken from her globally beloved Harry Potter series—to further explore the unique wizarding world she has crafted in print and bring it to life on screen.

David Yates, who directed the last four “Harry Potter” films and will direct “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them,” stated, “Eddie is a fearless actor, brimming with invention, wit and humanity. I couldn’t be more excited about the prospect of working with him as we start this new adventure in J.K. Rowling’s wonderful world, and I know she feels the same way.”

The film is being produced by David Heyman, producer of all eight of the blockbuster “Harry Potter” features; J.K. Rowling; Steve Kloves, who scripted all but one of the “Harry Potter” films; and Lionel Wigram, who served as an executive producer on the last four installments of the franchise.
:thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
gotta say...I have no interest in this movie at all, I enjoyed the Harry Potter movies but this movie seems very unnecessary and seems more like WB trying to squeeze more money out of Harry Potter...What's next a the Cat Mrs. Norris getting a her own movie?

I'm not a big Harry Potter fan, so I'm not the main target audience for this. I will probably end up watching the new movies though.

In my opinion, I would have preferred a story that occurs after the events of Harry Potter. Prequels (notably Star Wars PT, the Hobbit) are very popular, but they lack the sense of drama in storytelling because the future is already determined. For example, we obviously knew in Star Wars the fate of Anakin, so his journey and threats to his safety were not as effective. In the new Star War movies coming out, there's a great sense of mystery surrounding the movie and that's great in my opinion. I wish these upcoming Harry Potter themed films followed that suit instead.

But Eddie is a great actor and in the right hands, perhaps these movies can be as good or better than Harry Potter. Either way, I'll be watching this come 2016.

Still think Matt Smith would have been better in the part...

Can't stand Matt smith and im not really a fan of Redmayne but he looks OK in this.
Still not sold on the trailers though, also didn't realise Farrell was in it.

Hope it's good because I'm a fan of the potters and that world but this just isn't doing it for me yet

Like the look of the trailers and I do find Eddie oddly appealing I really can't wait for this wish it wasn't so long away :(

Still not sold

Visuals look decent and has the potter feel I suppose but that might also be to do with the music.

Redmayne looks so bad in this for me.
I don't rate him at all, he played one decent part in a film and that's all.

It just looks like a boring story