4K Displays-the future?

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
So, what do you think about the buzz surrounding plans to release consumer panels with higher resolution than current 1080p models (BD will be 'upscaled').

Some info on 4K from Cnet

Nonsense or 'the next big thing'?

Chime in! :oohyeah:

DB

Last edited:
@earthscope , ok, I was at Best Buy and I saw the LG 55" OLED tv. First thing I noticed, wow, was it slim, thinnest tv I ever seen. it was curved too. But, another thing I noticed, Pixels. Very small but they are there. I took a close look at a couple 4K TV's, the Active 3D, guess what, no pixels
that OLED tv is still 1080p.
I want a 40" 4k tv for gaming, not tv watching lol :)

@earthscope , ok, I was at Best Buy and I saw the LG 55" OLED tv. First thing I noticed, wow, was it slim, thinnest tv I ever seen. it was curved too. But, another thing I noticed, Pixels. Very small but they are there. I took a close look at a couple 4K TV's, the Active 3D, guess what, no pixels
that OLED tv is still 1080p.
I want a 40" 4k tv for gaming, not tv watching lol :)
You will still see the pixels close up on a 1080p OLED TV. BUT you won't see the pixels on a 4k OLED TV...Unless you push your nose against the screen...and who sits that close....? :LOL:
I want a 65" or 75" 4k OLED for watching films (blu ray) on. Not interested in TV or gaming...