4K UHD Blu-ray Slipcover Discussion Thread

Which studio has been releasing your favorite 4K slipcovers?

• Lionsgate

• Paramount

• Shout! Factory

• Sony Pictures

• Universal Studios

• Warner Bros.

• Other (if a new studio has produced a 4K slip, please mention it below)

• Disney

Results are only viewable after voting.

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
4K UHD Blu-ray is becoming a larger thing now and along with it comes many new, cool-looking slipcovers. Use this thread to discuss the slipcovers on the 4K Blu-ray releases, no matter which country.

This is to only talk about the slipcovers on the 4K releases. If you'd like to actually discuss the releases themselves, please head to the Blu-ray & 4K UHD Disc section instead. :thumbs:

------------------------------------------------------

No haul photo, but I just have to say, I absolutely love the 4K slipcovers that Universal is putting out in North America. The rounded corners and glossy photo-finish covers are extremely unique and clean-looking. I'll definitely be adding some to my shelf in the future! :drool:

View attachment 260000
4k-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AtticusFinch
Initial UHD reviews seems to be positive. Apparently it was well done even though it was sourced from 2K, especially the HDR.
I'm thinking of picking it up too. Lucky you guys though. I can only hope WB will do some justice to Matrix :ohno:

May be you can do your own UHD review here? :thumbs:

I'd love to review, but I only have the 4K TV at the moment. I was SUPPOSED to have a 4K player this year, but Sony went and decided to make their PS4 Pro 4K Digital only. :angry:

And I'm sure The Matrix is coming, bud. Warner just announced their next 4K wave and The Matrix isn't in there, but hopefully it'll be in the next wave. Speaking of which, here's the next Warner wave...

81JnhnW2jqL._SL1500_.jpg

91BzOzmfWIL._SL1500_.jpg

91vZPX5TNmL._SL1500_.jpg

91fjLwvnD6L._SL1500_.jpg

:thumbs:

I'd love to review, but I only have the 4K TV at the moment. I was SUPPOSED to have a 4K player this year, but Sony went and decided to make their PS4 Pro 4K Digital only. :angry:

And I'm sure The Matrix is coming, bud. Warner just announced their next 4K wave and The Matrix isn't in there, but hopefully it'll be in the next wave. Speaking of which, here's the next Warner wave...

View attachment 271068
View attachment 271069
View attachment 271071
View attachment 271070
Hopefully Godzilla 2014 is not too far! :woot: :hungry: :drool:

If Underworld 4K has a slip, I'm DEFINITELY getting it! How about you, @AlienKing? ;)
Haha LOL. I just tagged you in the other thread. And "how about me?" you ask; HOW DARE YOU? With that art I'm soooo getting it even though i cant watch Kate in 4K...yet. That's like my favorite pose of her :D:drool:

@Netclone Will canada get this for sure with slip? :hungry::hungry:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Lionsgate has knocked it out of the park with their upcoming 4K slipcovers for The Hunger Games! I love their consistency and how they have numbered covers. Threads have been posted in the main 4K section. :thumbs:

View attachment 262190
View attachment 262192
View attachment 262191
View attachment 262189

November 8th will be an expensive day for Hunger Games fans.
@bloodsnake007 ;)
@tridon @mllNY @AlienKing @Actarus @rj531 The UK will be releasing a 4K-UHD Bluray Collection :thumbs:
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...ames-complete-4k-blu-ray-collection-uk.81908/

Hunger Games 4K Collection -UK_2.jpg

LOL! :hilarious: I didn't order it... at least not yet! :hungry: But I did order the vinyl edition from Spain! :drool:
https://www.amazon.es/dp/B01LZY0WHC/?tag=hidefnin03-21
View attachment 275377
Can't wait to receive it! :hungry:
Oh yea, now i remember. I have couple of those editions on order as well :thumbs:
They look really good, bud. I like the uniform look of them all together. :thumbs:

Pics courtesy of 'KMan2100' at BR:

They look nice. I like how the companies are slowly starting to use stickers for 'HDR' instead of printing them on the slip. I just hate it's printed on the BvS slipcover (n)

• Thanks
Reactions: ash333 and tridon