[Nominations closed] 4th Annual HDN Steelbook of the Year-Nominations Chat-Your top 3 faves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi Ninjas!

*This thread is for nominations only*

Welcome to our 4th annual tradition of the HDN Steelbook of the Year nominuation chat!
Every year, we open a thread so that you can chime in with your own personal picks of what Steelbooks should be included in the VOTING POLL (posted in January 2015), so we all can vote for hidefninja.com's annual tradition of 'Steelbook of the Year'.

In this thread, please list your favorite 3 Steelbooks only , released in 2014 that should be considered for the poll. I will once again tally all of the picks, and rank them by the # of 'nominations' (mentions) they each receive. Only the first 3 you mention will be counted. Please list the Steelbook, the retailer,and the country-be as specific as possible. Feel free to add why you think your 3 choices should be considered, but please do not post more than 3. The top 25 nominated Steelbooks will be included in the poll.

**A list of Steelbook releases can be found here in the 'Upcoming Releases' thread.

After that process is complete, our annual poll will be posted, and you will have the chance to vote for as many choices as you wish-but you can only vote once.

As in previous years, the Steelbook with the most votes will become the community's pick for 'Steelbook of the Year'.

This nominations thread will close 1/10/2015 (all nominations posted until 12:01 mid EST on 1/10/2015), and we will start to vote on 1/15/2015 until 1/31/2015.
Thanks everyone for participating!

Past winners:

2013: Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Zavvi-UK)

2012: The Raid (Play-UK)

2011: Thor (Worldwide)

Last edited:
Difficult to pick just 3, but here's the one's I concluded - and 2 of them have plain backs!! o_O

1: Rush (Korean, plain archive version)
2. Maleficent (UK / RoW)
3. Jumanji (UK)

1. Leon KimchiDVD, full slip (Best slip ever and a fantastic steel with the names of the front and back)
2. I Saw The Devil Plain Archive, PET Slip (Packaging fits the film perfectly)
3. Drive Mondo (I just love Mondo :happy:)

Reactions: AnubisNefer
Very Hard to make a choice of my top 3
I have lots of steelbooks I purchased this year

I have decided to do it this way
I'm Posting 3 Separate List Choices so they can be added to the Vote List
I will then make a finial decision in the actual Vote Thread as there might be a steelbook I missed to be a choice and will vote from the final list

My First Choice List
1)Leon (Kimchi)
2)I Saw the Devil (Plain Archive)
3)Perfume (Kimchi)
1503533_10205143475287059_4318008746801313707_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ValBro and harry
I'm going to have to go with:

1. Leon (KimchiDVD) - The first KimchiDVD Steelbook I got, and one of my all-time favourite films :drool:
2. I Saw The Devil (Plain Archive) - A great steelbook by itself, but the PET fullslip edition is my favourite packaging variant.
3. V for Vendetta (Zavvi) - In my opinion, by far the best Steelbook release for the film.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone who has already shared their thoughts! Remember you can always nominate more titles as we move through early January. This is not the 'voting' thread.-absolutely-you have plenty of time. This is a casual chat thread, and the reason why we keep the nominations thread open until early January, so that Steelbooks with release dates of Dec can still be considered in your suggestions here, before the poll is created. Hope that helps, thanks all!

I think you missed the part where you're not allowed to nominate more than 3 @paulboland - not 3 groups of 3. :p

---

For me, I'm going to have to go with:

1. Leon (KimchiDVD) - The first KimchiDVD Steelbook I got, and one of my all-time favourite films :drool:
2. I Saw The Devil (Plain Archive) - A great steelbook by itself, but the PET fullslip edition is my favourite packaging variant.
3. V for Vendetta (Zavvi) - In my opinion, by far the best Steelbook release for the film.

DB said we can post more choices in this thread in an earlier post
The Steelbooks Titles will then be counted and then use this to decide what we will be voting for
This is not the vote thread that will be created after Jan 15

DB said we can post more choices in this thread in an earlier post
The Steelbooks Titles will then be counted and then use this to decide what we will be voting for
This is not the vote thread that will be created after Jan 15
Hmm, but does DB mean by that you are able to change your 3 nominations or that you can add more than 3?

If the latter, then the original post should probably be updated - as states twice not to provide more than 3, and that only the first 3 you mention will be counted for when taking the nominations for a vote.

Edit: @digitalbabe if the case below is indeed correct, would you be so kind as to edit the original post so as not to cause more confusion? :)

Last edited:
Hmm, but does DB mean by that you are able to change your 3 nominations or that you can add more than 3?

If the latter, then the original post could really do with updating - as states twice not to provide more than 3, and that only the first 3 you mention will be counted for when taking the nominations for a vote.
[QUOTE="digitalbabe, post: if you add them later, don't edit the original post, because I won't know you have. But just post on the thread, and your additional selection will just be added to the nomination list I compile. Thank you![/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBMT
1. Drive (Nova)
2. Captain America TWS Full Slip (Nova)
3. I Saw the Devil (Plain Archive)

Memento (Kimchidvd) would have been in there because as a package, the extras were brilliant, however the steel doesn't have the best design. Also Mondo Drive, but I prefer the more complete package feel of the Nova versions.

@paulboland

I listed two choices post number 40 and was undecided on the third to be honerst flower I still am . I'm torn between two others.

The choice IS 3 in total not to relist the first simply post the last one without amending my first two post number 63 Digitalbabe's . Witch is what I will do. Quite frankly I think you are bending the rules to suit you . I do not aprichiate you quoting my orrigonal query then twisting to make something that is wrong.

You have made a total of nine :wacky: .

I have two at the momment :p .

So that is what the my question was. Have a Merry Christmas :kiss:.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.