[Nominations closed] 4th Annual HDN Steelbook of the Year-Nominations Chat-Your top 3 faves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi Ninjas!

*This thread is for nominations only*

Welcome to our 4th annual tradition of the HDN Steelbook of the Year nominuation chat!
Every year, we open a thread so that you can chime in with your own personal picks of what Steelbooks should be included in the VOTING POLL (posted in January 2015), so we all can vote for hidefninja.com's annual tradition of 'Steelbook of the Year'.

In this thread, please list your favorite 3 Steelbooks only , released in 2014 that should be considered for the poll. I will once again tally all of the picks, and rank them by the # of 'nominations' (mentions) they each receive. Only the first 3 you mention will be counted. Please list the Steelbook, the retailer,and the country-be as specific as possible. Feel free to add why you think your 3 choices should be considered, but please do not post more than 3. The top 25 nominated Steelbooks will be included in the poll.

**A list of Steelbook releases can be found here in the 'Upcoming Releases' thread.

After that process is complete, our annual poll will be posted, and you will have the chance to vote for as many choices as you wish-but you can only vote once.

As in previous years, the Steelbook with the most votes will become the community's pick for 'Steelbook of the Year'.

This nominations thread will close 1/10/2015 (all nominations posted until 12:01 mid EST on 1/10/2015), and we will start to vote on 1/15/2015 until 1/31/2015.
Thanks everyone for participating!

Past winners:

2013: Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Zavvi-UK)

2012: The Raid (Play-UK)

2011: Thor (Worldwide)

Last edited:
I would say Drive (FS Mondo), but I haven't seen it in hand yet.

3) 47 Ronin (Worldwide)
2) Disney's Robin Hood or Raiders of the Lost Ark (Zavvi-UK)
1) Leon: The Professional (Kimchi-Korea)

Hey @Scary Hair if you add them later, don't edit the original post, because I won't know you have. But just post on the thread, and your additional selection will just be added to the nomination list I compile. Thank you!

Reactions: Scary Hair
Top 3
These are my Top 3 candidates for 2014 Steelbook Of The Year. The following 3 Steelbooks have took quality, and design to a whole other level. HDN, for your consideration.

Drive Mondo X Steelbook (Future Shop)
image.jpg

The Wrestler Steelbook (Plain Archive)
image.jpg

47 Ronin Steelbook (Worldwide)
image.jpg

My Criteria
- Artwork cannot have been used on any other Blu-ray package
(Which eliminates the beautiful "Frozen" Blufans: using the same art as Frozen +OST Slipcover [Korea], and the flawless "Léon" KimchiDVD: using the front cover art of the Studio Canal [UK] & Ultimate Edition [Germany] Steelbook)
- Must be judged by the Steelbook itself and not the extras included such as Slips, Stickers, Cards etc.
(Reasoning behind why I Saw The Devil PET Slip Steelbook, and Captain America: The Winter Solider NC-1 Full Slip Steelbook didn't make my Top 3)

P.S. Even though it's not a Steelbook the GODZILLA "ROARING" FUTUREPAK is worthy of winning it all! @kaw @bloodsnake007 @MGD @Marco86

Last edited:
1. Drive Mondo-FutureShop
2. Monster University Blufans
3. How To Train Your Dragon

(if based on steelbook alone, if overall packaging included..I Saw The Devil PET will be my #3)

Reactions: Bluprint
#1 Drive (mondo/futureshop)

Truly stunning artwork.

#2 Enders Game ( Mondo/HMV)

The gloss finish makes this stand out in my collection. Beautiful.

#3 Full Monty (UK)

One of my all time favourite movies finally got a steelbook release, and it was filmed in my home town. Basic but very fitting artwork for the movie.

Reactions: Bluprint
Years not over yet, but couple of my faves so far are Under The Skin and Cap 2 Nova. Looking foward to Blufans Iron Man and FS Mondo Drive too but region locked will unfortunately keep that one from the top spot.

:cool:

Think UE BF frozens going to take this when it finally arrives....there's also walle and kimchi Xmen that could both be up there.

So far it for me it's
Pacific Rim BF
Monsters Uni BF
Rush Lenti kimchi

My top 3 Steelbook nominations. (I'm going strictly by Steelbook only.)

1. The Wrestler Steelbook (Plain Archive)
Absolutely stunning in person. The matte finish along with the design is incredible.
Simply a work of art and my all time favorite.

Z5AG6Y8.jpg

2. Leon
(KimchiDvd)
The artwork on this looks great.
Having both characters on the steelbook and their names infused in it was a nice touch.

1387613246796809.jpg

3. I Saw The Devil (Plain Archive)
Again, just like the The Wrestler, this is going to be another masterpiece. Plain pays every attention to detail and makes sure to incorporate it.
If we were judging by total package the PET slipcover of this is without a doubt the best steelbook package ever made.
(This is the only one I do not have in hand.)

10457833_537195836424903_49952149843458875_n.jpg

1601152_542177212593432_3248942630952845176_n.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.