[Nominations closed] 4th Annual HDN Steelbook of the Year-Nominations Chat-Your top 3 faves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi Ninjas!

*This thread is for nominations only*

Welcome to our 4th annual tradition of the HDN Steelbook of the Year nominuation chat!
Every year, we open a thread so that you can chime in with your own personal picks of what Steelbooks should be included in the VOTING POLL (posted in January 2015), so we all can vote for hidefninja.com's annual tradition of 'Steelbook of the Year'.

In this thread, please list your favorite 3 Steelbooks only , released in 2014 that should be considered for the poll. I will once again tally all of the picks, and rank them by the # of 'nominations' (mentions) they each receive. Only the first 3 you mention will be counted. Please list the Steelbook, the retailer,and the country-be as specific as possible. Feel free to add why you think your 3 choices should be considered, but please do not post more than 3. The top 25 nominated Steelbooks will be included in the poll.

**A list of Steelbook releases can be found here in the 'Upcoming Releases' thread.

After that process is complete, our annual poll will be posted, and you will have the chance to vote for as many choices as you wish-but you can only vote once.

As in previous years, the Steelbook with the most votes will become the community's pick for 'Steelbook of the Year'.

This nominations thread will close 1/10/2015 (all nominations posted until 12:01 mid EST on 1/10/2015), and we will start to vote on 1/15/2015 until 1/31/2015.
Thanks everyone for participating!

Past winners:

2013: Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Zavvi-UK)

2012: The Raid (Play-UK)

2011: Thor (Worldwide)

Last edited:
47 Ronin, V For Vendetta then probably one of the many Disney releases, have absolutely no interest in them being the old git that i am but the vast majority if not all look superb

I'd love to say Mondo's DRIVE, but I'll have to go with ones that are already in-hand.

1) LÉON (Kimchidvd Exclusive) [Korea]

2) PACIFIC RIM (Blufans Exclusive) [China]

3) HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON (HDzeta Exclusive) [China]

Reactions: MGD and Bluprint
Disregard my Disney bias! :drool::p

1.......Mulan Steelbook
2.......Maleficent Steelbook (Black)
3.......Fox and the Hound Steelbook
Mulan & Fox and the Hound are both beautiful steelbooks, but think the lazy approach regarding no back art whatsoever on the Maleficent renders that a no-go regarding steelbook of the Year. Just my own view...

@digitalbabe There are still a few releases coming that I want to wait to see in-hand before I do my nominations. How long do we have to nominate steels? (It looks like the OP still has dates from last year's nominations.)

The Wrestler (Korea) - Plain started off right with this one. My favourite edition is the 1/4 slip with the beautiful J-card. Most J-cards are boring, but Plain knows how to utilize them well.
The Wolf of Wall Street (UK) - Some of the best debossing ever used on a steel, and I love the mustard yellow finish a lot of collectors seemed to not prefer, I think it fit the look of the film.
I Saw The Devil (Korea) - The steel art is gorgeous, The PET slip is something we've ever seen before, and again the quarter slip is innovative. Plain Archive doesn't sell blu rays, they sell pieces of art.

HM: Creature from the Black Lagoon (Most regions, I own the Japan release) - The classy artwork with a slight violet metallic hue made me want to proudly display it on the shelf.

My fav but if my own custom isn't allowed then transcendence

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413663349626.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413663349626.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 121
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413663371872.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413663371872.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: digitalbabe
Status
Not open for further replies.