[Nominations closed] 4th Annual HDN Steelbook of the Year-Nominations Chat-Your top 3 faves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi Ninjas!

*This thread is for nominations only*

Welcome to our 4th annual tradition of the HDN Steelbook of the Year nominuation chat!
Every year, we open a thread so that you can chime in with your own personal picks of what Steelbooks should be included in the VOTING POLL (posted in January 2015), so we all can vote for hidefninja.com's annual tradition of 'Steelbook of the Year'.

In this thread, please list your favorite 3 Steelbooks only , released in 2014 that should be considered for the poll. I will once again tally all of the picks, and rank them by the # of 'nominations' (mentions) they each receive. Only the first 3 you mention will be counted. Please list the Steelbook, the retailer,and the country-be as specific as possible. Feel free to add why you think your 3 choices should be considered, but please do not post more than 3. The top 25 nominated Steelbooks will be included in the poll.

**A list of Steelbook releases can be found here in the 'Upcoming Releases' thread.

After that process is complete, our annual poll will be posted, and you will have the chance to vote for as many choices as you wish-but you can only vote once.

As in previous years, the Steelbook with the most votes will become the community's pick for 'Steelbook of the Year'.

This nominations thread will close 1/10/2015 (all nominations posted until 12:01 mid EST on 1/10/2015), and we will start to vote on 1/15/2015 until 1/31/2015.
Thanks everyone for participating!

Past winners:

2013: Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Zavvi-UK)

2012: The Raid (Play-UK)

2011: Thor (Worldwide)

Last edited:
Only going by the ones ive bought this year, the ones that stand out to me upto now are The Wolf of Wall Street (UK) and 3:10 to Yuma (UK) but there is a few that i feel could be great when they are released such as Jumanji, Transformers 4 (ES) and Hercules (ES).

My 3 are:
1) memento lenti kimchi
2) the raid 2 entertainment store ( I just think this completes excellent film and steel book duo)
3) dawn of the planet of the apes hmv uk ( I know this is not out yet but I think the art work is brill and for me
It's the film of the year and one of my favs in last few years)

1. I saw the Devil PET ( Plain Archive)

2. Frozen U.E (Blufan)

3. Iron Man ( Kimchi and Blufan)

4. Maleficent ( Spain and Zavvi)

5. Tangled (Zavvi)

6. Her ( Kimchi)

Last edited:
Great nominations, everyone-thanks for participating in our 4th Annual nomination thread. Vote to come in Jan'15!

With so many Steelbook released this year it`s hard to keep track. What I really liked is:

1: Frozen (Blufans all Editions)

2: Gladiator (HDzeta all Editions)

3: Pacific Rim (Blufans)

if Gladiator does not count for 2014, I also liked the Indiana Jones Steelbooks from zavvi, the best releases of zavvi in 2014.

I also want to mention the Memento Kimchi Lenticular Version, that Lenticular is a beauty and for me the best Lenticular ever made for a Steelbook. simply awesome.

Reactions: spartan83 and harry
Maleficent - Zavvi
Mars Attacks - Zavvi
Army of Darkness -Zavvi

Anchorman 2 & Disney's Robin Hood were just squeezed out

Frozen BF
ALL Zavvi Disneys :)
Wolf of Wall Street UK

Gladiator HDZETA and Iron man KimchiDvD both looks promising .
Iron Man BF -most likely will have my vote in next year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.