Rogue One : A Star Wars Story - In theaters December 16, 2016

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Gareth Edwards

Cast: Felicity Jones, Mads Mikkelsen, Alan Tudyk, Donnie Yen, Ben Mendelsohn, Forest Whitaker

Plot: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, is the first film in the new series of standalone Star Wars movies from Lucasfilm. It tells the story of how a group of unlikely heroes unite to undertake a daring and seemingly impossible mission to steal the plans for the Death Star.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
qjiskwlV1qQzRCjpV0cL9pEMF9a.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

IMDB:

Original announcement:
In addition to the episodes of a new Star Wars trilogy, Lucasfilm and Disney have begun development on multiple stand-alone movies that will offer new stories beyond the core Saga. Gareth Edwards will direct the first stand-alone film, with a screenplay by Gary Whitta. The film is due out December 16, 2016.

Gareth Edwards blazed into the filmmaking forefront with his acclaimed work on Monsters, a film he wrote, directed and served on as cinematographer and visual effects artist. The skill and vision readily apparent in Monsters earned him the high-profile spot directing this year's smash hit Godzilla.

"Ever since I saw Star Wars I knew exactly what I wanted to do for the rest of my life - join the Rebel Alliance! I could not be more excited & honored to go on this mission with Lucasfilm, said Edwards.

Gary Whittas screenwriting credits include 2010s The Book of Eli starring Denzel Washington. He is also well known as a journalist and editor in the video game industry, as well as part of the BAFTA award-winning team on Telltale Games adaptation of The Walking Dead.

Whitta states, "From the moment I first saw the original movie as a wide-eyed kid, Star Wars has been the single most profound inspiration to my imagination and to my career as a writer. It is deeply special to me,so to be given the opportunity to contribute to its ongoing legacy, especially in collaboration with a film-maker as talented as Gareth,is literally a dream come true. I'm still pinching myself."
ROGUE1_LOGO_V3_FIN_08-06-15_0.jpg
rogue.jpg

Last edited:
well the disney machine has started , first with force awakens and now there is news that han solo will have a spin off film set before episode 4 on how he got the millennium falcon and as of yet not sure about fett .

although force awakens is a good idea would it really be a good idea doing these kind of spin off as its only gonna be lining disneys pockets

ill try to find the info i saw and post it to show im not making it up lol

Reactions: bantha11
There's been sooo many rumors about which character would have the spin-off:
Han Solo, Boba Fett, Luke Skywalker, Obi-wan and even the Ewoks....

We'll have to wait and see but I guess the first two are the best guess as their story can be really diversified!

I personally want han, boba. And I reakon a yoda one would be good, but it might be hard picking a timeline for him in his 800 years of living. Maybe when he first starting becoming a Jedi or when he joined the Jedi council and so on

Official announcement from Star Wars.com:

Rogue One is the title for the first film in a unique series of big-screen adventures that explores the characters and events beyond the core Star Wars saga. Rogue One will be directed by Gareth Edwards (Monsters, Godzilla) and written by Oscar nominee Chris Weitz (Cinderella, About a Boy, Antz). The first actress cast is Felicity Jones, who garnered an Academy Award nomination and critical acclaim for her performance in The Theory of Everything. The idea for the story of Rogue One came from John Knoll, an Academy Award-winning visual effects supervisor and chief creative officer at Industrial Light & Magic. He will executive produce along with Simon Emanuel (The Dark Knight Rises, Fast & Furious 6) and Jason McGatlin (Tintin, War of the Worlds). Kathleen Kennedy and Tony To (Band of Brothers, The Pacific) are on board to produce and John Swartz (Star Wars: The Force Awakens) will co-produce. The film starts shooting this summer in London and is due for release on December 16, 2016.​

Should be good. Met John Knoll for 2 star wars conventions with most of the actors here about 13 years ago. Then I met him again at the red carpet premier for the Pirates of the Caribbean. His just a guy and awesomely IT/special effects smart. His 2 autographs are very special to me from a man of such talent!

Star Wars Twitter:
A band of resistance fighters unite for a daring mission to steal the Death Star plans in Star Wars anthology film, Rogue One

The film stars Felicity Jones as a rebel soldier and will take place between episodes III and IV, though Edwards noted it leans “maybe a little bit towards IV”. The film will follow a rogue band of resistance fighters who unite to steal the Death Star plans and bring new hope to the galaxy.

Star Wars: Rogue One takes place in a time when the Jedi are all but extinct and the absence of the Jedi is palpable. It comes down to a group of heroes without magical powers to save the galaxy.

Reactions: Drum18 and Noodles
Three big reasons I'm looking forward to this film, in no particular order...

1. It's Star Wars
2. Gareth Edwards directing
3. Felicity Jones starring :drool:

The teaser trailer OMG very short but hits you right with the nostalgia.

Dem feels.
My jaw slowly dropped as the camera panned up to the Death Star... :OMG:

Yep all these teasers are hitting me in the feels.

In fact this one got me more emotional. Guess Alec Guinness in all his awesomeness and the Death Star in all its epicness will do that.

Guinness was truly perfect for Old Ben!

Three big reasons I'm looking forward to this film, in no particular order...

1. It's Star Wars
2. Gareth Edwards directing
3. Felicity Jones starring :drool:

My jaw slowly dropped as the camera panned up to the Death Star... :OMG:

Hopefully the rumors of Ben Mendelsohn joining the cast are legit, I love him in everything he's in.