The Divergent Series: Insurgent - In theaters March 20, 2015

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Release Date: March 20, 2015
Starring: Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Kate Winslet, Octavia Spencer
Insurgent raises the stakes for Tris as she searches for allies and answers in the dystopian ruins of a futuristic Chicago. Tris (Woodley) and Four (James) are now fugitives on the run, hunted by Jeanine (Winslet), the leader of the power-hungry Erudite elite. Racing against time, they must find out what Tris’s family sacrificed their lives to protect, and why the Erudite leaders will do anything to stop them. Haunted by her past choices but desperate to protect the ones she loves, Tris, with Four at her side, faces one impossible challenge after another as they unlock the truth about the past and ultimately the future of their world.

"Divergent" was written by first time author Veronica Roth and has topped The New York Times Best Seller list since being published in April 2011 by Katherine Tegen Books/HarperCollins Publishers. Book sales of the "Divergent" trilogy have surged to nearly 22 million copies worldwide, up from 17 million at the time of the first film's March 21 release.

Divergent has grossed more than $260 million at the worldwide box office, making the film Lionsgate's highest-grossing domestic box office release outside "The Hunger Games" and "Twilight" franchises.

The third and fourth installments in the series, Allegiant - Parts 1 & 2, are slated for release on March 18, 2016 and March 24, 2017, respectively.

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The lovely Ann Darrow has joined the Divergent Sequel, Insurgent! :thumbs:

naomi-watts-01.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/naomi-watts-joins-insurgent-two-709252

Naomi Watts has signed on to join the next three films in Lionsgate's Divergent franchise.

The actress, who recently committed to star in Gus Van Sant's Sea of Trees opposite Matthew McConaughey, is joining the cast of Divergent sequel Insurgent as Evelyn, leader of the Factionless. Watts' deal calls for to co-star in the futuristic franchise's two final movies, which are based on Veronica Roth's YA novel Allegiant, the final book in the Divergent trilogy.

Watts will jump right to Insurgent, which began shooting last week in Atlanta. Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Ansel Elgort, Kate Winslet and Miles Teller -- who all appeared in Divergent -- return for the sequel. Watts joins Octavia Spencer as new additions to the cast. After Insurgent wraps in September, Watts will move on to Sea of Trees, which will take her through November. The in-demand actress is mulling a number of films after that.
Robert Schwentke, who replaced Divergent helmer Neil Burger, is directing Insurgent from a screenplay written by Brian Duffield and Akiva Goldsman.

Insurgent puts Watts, who typically gravitates toward indie projects with auteurs, in the YA tentpole game. Divergent, which opened March 21, has earned $267 million worldwide. Still, she is no stranger to commercial films, having starred in Peter Jackson's King Kong and The Ring films. Watts has three films awaiting release: Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu's Birdman, The Weinstein Co.'s St. Vincent -- opposite Melissa McCarthy -- and Noah Baumbach's While We're Young.

:movie:

This has definitely gotten my attention! :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tridon
I'm surprised that Shailene's keeping her short 'do for the sequel. It doesn't matter to me: she's beautiful with long or short hair. Just thought the filmmakers would want her to keep the long lockes in the sequel (unless Tris cut her hair in the book?).

It is in the book actually!
I like her hair long better too, but I think she probably cut it knowing she would have to for the movie anyways.

IIRC didn't she actually cut it once she joins dauntless. I read it once and it was a while ago.

Even though I enjoyed the first part, it's always hard NOT to compare with Hunger Games... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I mean they are obviously cut from the same cloth. but really HG is a better book and movie series. I could see myself re-reading hunger games but doubt I would re-read this series. I will say though the second and third book are better than the first, the writing is a bit more defined, so hopefully they can do a better job with the script and movie and having the actors be a bit more familiar in their roles. I just was not happy with some parts of the movie, especially Eric who whenever he was yelling at initiates I was about to fall out of my seat in laughter.

The thing is I feel the second and third Hunger Games books were weaker than the first and I knew they were going to give those movies a larger budget than the first one (which they did) and I have a feeling the budget may not be great for Insurgent.