Release date: 11th November 2015
Price: TBC
Purchase link: Here

image.jpg

image.jpg

Part of the Star Wars collection: I, II, III, IV, V, VI
image-jpg.179984

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing these steels will get releases in other countries too. For what Disney has planned with the next trilogy, it would not make sense to release something of this magnitude only in the Netherlands.

I already mentioned this in the Star wars IV (possible blu ray) steelbook netherlands

What about the rights? Disney will never agree with this and Fox still has the rights for the Star Wars movies , so prepare for a huge legal battle

What about the technical achievement? ILM would have to change/adapt the original digital master tapes of episodes IV,V and VI

How long did it take to create the extra scenes for the special edition?
Does ILM/Lucasfilm have the time and the capacity to do this while they are already working on Episode VII?
I do not think so.

Would Lucasfilm give these films to another visual effects company to do this? maybe?
Weta Digital is still working on The Hobbit the Five Armies and the extended version of the Hobbit: the desolation of Smaug.

Next project coming up for Weta Digital = Avatar 2, 3 and the rest ....

What other company probably could do this: Lightstorm entertainment, maybe,
Duhhhh they are also working on Avatar 2, 3 and the rest ....

I think that I mentioned the 3 best visual effects companies who could pull this off

So riddle me this: How do you get your unaltered Star Wars episodes IV, V and VI???

Answer me these questions and then maybe I'll believe that we will get unaltered star wars versions in separate steelbooks

Last edited:
Reactions: dfoles
Who said anything about getting the unaltered films? Let's be honest, that's a pipe dream at best.

you're right I think that is a no brainer, but then you still would have the question of the legal rights.

Would Fox really release these individual steels? I'll believe it when I see an offical press release from Fox or Disney

you're right I think that is a no brainer, but then you still would have the question of the legal rights.

Would Fox really release these individual steels? I'll believe it when I see an offical press release from Fox or Disney

I'm reasonably certain that while Disney holds the franchise rights, Fox kept the distribution rights for the original six films.

Okay, so apparently Disney has the rights to the films bar the original, but only Fox can distribute. So they'd need to make a deal. Though it has been done before in the case of the James Bond box set.

Last edited: