The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug (Extended Edition) (Blu-ray Slipbox + Cards) [Japan]

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: November 12, 2014
Purchase link: Amazon.co.jp or HMV.co.jp
Price: ¥ 6,073 ($60 US)
Notes: 5 discs, and collectibles Elve cards.

Part of The Hobbit Trilogy collection from Amazon.co.jp
Unexpected Journey | Desolation of Smaug | Battle of the Five Armies

hobbit1.jpg hobbit2.jpg
91wcAfdyFqL._AA1500_.jpg

A1YYaYZTgIL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
This is soooo bought!!!

Item: ¥ 5,623
Shipping and handling: ¥ 1,100
Import taxes upfront payment ¥ 1,136
Order total: ¥ 7,859 -> 85$ CAD... OUCH!!! :(

Great follow up to:
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...xpected-journey-extended-edition-japan.36953/

Have you tried hmv.co.jp? I don't know the price to Canada, but they could be a little cheaper. It was ¥7,300 to me in the states after the vat was taken out. It actually works out cheaper for me on Amazon, but I don't get charged import taxes.

http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_Soun...-Desolation-of-Smaug-Extended-Edition_5905850

Mine shipped and is now in China according to DHL tracking service! Can't wait for this one. Hopefully they'll announce The Two Towers in the same style sometime soon.......

Woot! Got it today! That's what I call super fast!!!
I was affraid when I saw only a simple enveloppe without any protection, but it arrived safe and sound! :)

It looks great, exactly as planned. Sturdy, green (strange color), no embossing but still lovely box. It fits perfectly with AUJ. The only "negative" I can say is that this one is thinner than AUJ since there's no book Inside. But it's barely noticable...
IMG_3426b.JPG Img_3430.jpg Img_3432.jpg Img_3433.jpg Img_3435.jpg Img_3437.jpg Img_3438.jpg Img_3439.jpg Img_3440.jpg Img_3442.jpg

@earthscope @cowbuster @NazguL66

You got it already @Drum18?!? I got a text this morning saying it's gonna be delivered sometime today. It does look good though!!:thumbs:
I agree about the thickness of the AUJ box. It's slightly thicker than the Fellowship version as well but it wasn't too much of a difference to be annoying!

Reactions: Drum18