55 mil Xbox 360's sold

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Per Home Media Magazine:

On the eve of the Electronic Entertainment Expo, Microsoft June 3 said it has passed the 55 million mark for Xbox 360s sold worldwide.

Microsoft said during the first four months of 2011 Xbox 360 sales were up 29% year over year, and in 10 of the past 11 months the console has outsold both Nintendo’s Wii and Sony’s PlayStation 3.

Microsoft added that it has sold more than 10 million Kinect motion-sensing systems and more than 10 million standalone Kinect games.

Compared with 2010, consumers are watching three times as much on the system, the company said, and the 35 million active Xbox Live members using the system are consuming a cumulative 2.1 billion hours of entertainment a month.

^That's a valid point, but considering how most consoles fell into the large range of time for the failure to happen, I think they covered most of the people that would have that issue. My brother is a hardcore gamer, got his Xbox around the same time I did, but he got the red ring wayyyyyy before I did. I didn't get mine until 8 months after he did. Mine was still covered, something like 2-3 years after it's purchase.

However, considering that they're still using the same platform for these games, years later, the design can't be all that bad. ;)

All I can say is that at least they were responsive to their customers feedback, and they fixed the problem for folks.

LOL..

-1 for those who are willing to buy my old machine..collecting dust ever since blu-ray became King on the PS3...

XBOX controller is better than PS3...I like it better...