Horror-Theatrical Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 - In theaters TBA (cancelled)

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
From IMDB

Check out the full story on the HDN home page here!

Alien Xeno.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard about this earlier today, and I think it's fantastic. His work on district 9 and elysium was awesome. Chappie looks very good. As a fan of anything sci fi, I love this idea.

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Bloody brilliant! Give the South African a chance to bring back the Alien franchise!!!! :D

He will give it new life! And just shortly after Weaver said she wanted closure on the Ripley story. Hmmm....

Reactions: harry
Sigourney will sign, I'm certain of it. Biehn? I don't know.
I mean his character did die.

Are they going to go Back to the Future / Terminator Genesys on this story? :LOL:

Biehn did die, but the concept art that's been posted suggests that Hicks survives after Aliens and Blomkamp's vision is to bypass Alien 3 and 4, continuing on from Aliens

Problem with that is you will get a few peed off people. They didn't go through all that just to forget the last two movies.

Personally I'm all for that but who knows what will happen?

I've been following this idea ever since blomkamp posted a few weeks back, concept art looks quality. I'm up for it.

Good thing he inked this before CHAPPIE does a crash and burn...(sorry, it will.)

Just my opinion but I think your wrong, obviously some won't like it but I also think this will go down well. Also people love cool robots and he seems like a very cool robot.
Elysium wasnt the best but that was mainly due to Matt Damon not really trying (should of been a different actor)

Problem with that is you will get a few peed off people. They didn't go through all that just to forget the last two movies.

Personally I'm all for that but who knows what will happen?

True but then remember that Alien 3 and 4 are widely considered the worst of the bunch (not including AVP) so if they're gonna bypass these then many fans will see this as a blessing. Me personally, I don't mind 3 & 4, but I'm definitely up for seeing what would happen if 3 and 4 didn't happen..... especially knowing the production history that part 3 had and the number of major changes it went through from what the original vision was.

I've been following this idea ever since blomkamp posted a few weeks back, concept art looks quality. I'm up for it.

Just my opinion but I think your wrong, obviously some won't like it but I also think this will go down well. Also people love cool robots and he seems like a very cool robot.
Elysium wasnt the best but that was mainly due to Matt Damon not really trying (should of been a different actor)
It is a very odd mix. A hip hop robot that is alive and will teach humans what it means to be alive cuz we forgot...
An uplifting mix of SHORT CIRCUIT with a Roy Batty vibe and S. Africaan rappers? And the title?
Take a look at the trailers that have rolled out. I have seen a trailer playing it as a comedy, a trailer saying it is an epic sci-fi vision, a trailer playing it as a coming of age tale. Even the studio doesn't know how to market this!
And that title...that title...will not play in Peoria.
Don't get me wrong. I don't root for bad movies, and I hope it's great. It just doesn't look that good to me. And I can see why this is not an easy film to market. And believe me, Die Antwoord doesn't exactly scream 'family friendly' fun! (Or the promise of decent acting either. I saw their short film they did with Harmony Korine- :wtf:)
I mean, let's be honest- it has way less going for it than Elysium...and we know how that went.

It is a very odd mix. A hip hop robot that is alive and will teach humans what it means to be alive cuz we forgot...
An uplifting mix of SHORT CIRCUIT with a Roy Batty vibe and S. Africaan rappers? And the title?
Take a look at the trailers that have rolled out. I have seen a trailer playing it as a comedy, a trailer saying it is an epic sci-fi vision, a trailer playing it as a coming of age tale. Even the studio doesn't know how to market this!
And that title...that title...will not play in Peoria.
Don't get me wrong. I don't root for bad movies, and I hope it's great. It just doesn't look that good to me. And I can see why this is not an easy film to market. And believe me, Die Antwoord doesn't exactly scream 'family friendly' fun! (Or the promise of decent acting either. I saw their short film they did with Harmony Korine- :wtf:)
I mean, let's be honest- it has way less going for it than Elysium...and we know how that went.

Oh I'm very aware of this, I've been all over it since Elysium when he put out concept art and stuff. The studios did not know how to market big trouble in little China when that came out but look at it no and that's pretty much all the genres you mentioned. For me it's a mix of a lot of things, love a good ol robot, love sharplo and his voice, love die antwoord, love blomkamps vision in his film and this looks a little more like district 9. Jackman looks good. The thing is with die antwoord is they might be better suited in this because of South african, the tone and lets face it I imagine this will be violent in places like his other films which does not mean they can't get a comedy out of it (I haven't even looked at the age rating for this yet) . Elysium was bad and sharlto just about saved it with his amazing villain. But I have a bit more faith in this and hopefully alien. Oh and I love the name personally, It seems very South african which I like that he hasn't americanised his films yet. He sticks to his roots. Also if it is bad, at least he's limited his puns on the name to just crappie and that will get boring after everyone who don't like it thinks they are being original.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Perhaps the existence of 3 & 4 and somehow their ship passed a galaxy that split them and placed them in an alternate reality. In one reality they made it, hence this movie. And in the other only Ripley survived hence Alien 3&4. :D

Reactions: Flloydo
Oh I'm very aware of this, I've been all over it since Elysium when he put out concept art and stuff. The studios did not know how to market big trouble in little China when that came out but look at it no and that's pretty much all the genres you mentioned. For me it's a mix of a lot of things, love a good ol robot, love sharplo and his voice, love die antwoord, love blomkamps vision in his film and this looks a little more like district 9. Jackman looks good. The thing is with die antwoord is they might be better suited in this because of South african, the tone and lets face it I imagine this will be violent in places like his other films which does not mean they can't get a comedy out of it (I haven't even looked at the age rating for this yet) . Elysium was bad and sharlto just about saved it with his amazing villain. But I have a bit more faith in this and hopefully alien. Oh and I love the name personally, It seems very South african which I like that he hasn't americanised his films yet. He sticks to his roots. Also if it is bad, at least he's limited his puns on the name to just crappie and that will get boring after everyone who don't like it thinks they are being original.
I agree with a lot of your points. It will be VERY South African. It will play as a hometown film. I like Die Antwoord- but, again, a hometown shout-out that the rest of the world won't get. He is very much a hometown filmmaker and that is cool. (Name another well known S. African filmmaker!).
But if you took the sci-fi out of District 9, you are left with a parable about Johannesburg that might not have played as well worldwide.
I know a lot of people have figured him out as a director that (not unlike Ken Loach in the UK) is really only telling class warfare stories. That is very niche, and tricky since it is very dependent on the politics of your location.
And since this is very South African, we shall see how it will play in other countries, and if it casts its story broadly enough to be universal.

Reactions: Flloydo