Spy - In theaters June 5, 2015

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Spy (2015)

Tagline: One of the guys. One of the Spies.

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Paul Feig[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Melissa McCarthy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jude Law[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jason Statham[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rose Byrne[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Miranda Hart[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Allison Janney[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Peter Serafinowicz[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bobby Cannavale[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]50 Cent[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nia Long[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Morena Baccarin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Will Yun Lee[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carlos Ponce[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Zach Woods[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-06-05[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]120[/RUNTIME]

Plot: A desk-bound CIA analyst volunteers to go undercover to infiltrate the world of a deadly arms dealer, and prevent diabolical global disaster.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
49Akyhe0gnuokaDIKKDldFRBoru.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

SPY
Starring:
Melissa McCarthy, Jason Statham, Rose Byrne and Jude Law
Directed & Written by: Paul Feig

spy-poster-toosmall.jpg

RED BAND TRAILER (NSFW):

Last edited:
Funny right up to the point where Melissa McCarthy shows up on the screen. I am so sick of her. She's not funny... at all. And of course Paul Feig, the guy who made this, The Heat and Bridesmaids is making the all-female Ghostbusters reboot. Gee, I wonder who'll star in that?! Statham and Law look great in this, so I'll probably watch it for them, but I'll want to fast-forward every single scene that McCarthy is a part of.

Reactions: psychoscot
Funny right up to the point where Melissa McCarthy shows up on the screen. I am so sick of her. She's not funny... at all. And of course Paul Feig, the guy who made this, The Heat and Bridesmaids is making the all-female Ghostbusters reboot. Gee, I wonder who'll star in that?! Statham and Law look great in this, so I'll probably watch it for them, but I'll want to fast-forward every single scene that McCarthy is a part of.
THe more I read about what you write Ken and I truly think we are soulmate... DAMN I hate this !*&$*(!*($*!&/&/& b!&$*!!!!!!!

It would truly look funny and cool being with Staham & Law but her??? No.... god no!!!!

Gotta admit I'm not the biggest fan of her.... but seeing Statham in a comedy... I'm in!

THe more I read about what you write Ken and I truly think we are soulmate... DAMN I hate this !*&$*(!*($*!&/&/& b!&$*!!!!!!!

It would truly look funny and cool being with Staham & Law but her??? No.... god no!!!!

:LOL:

It's true, though. She's not funny. There's a bunch of female comedians out there that are a hundred times funnier, but I feel like McCarthy gets all these roles just because she's fat. I feel if she was small like a bunch of other actresses, she wouldn't get near the amount of recognition. It's not like she's a female Chris Farley or anything. Farley's comedy was often physical which made it incredibly funny. McCarthy just walks around acting like a bad-ass, swearing and complaining that no one takes her seriously. In this trailer, she starts as an analyst who's trying to make it as an agent. That could've went somewhere. By the end, though, she's cursing and acting all tough and I just saw that s**t in The Heat. Suddenly she's the same character again. Seriously, I wish she would go away; go back to Mike & Molly TV where I never saw her in the first place. Then again, the reason she's becoming so big is mostly Paul Feig's fault and of course he just has to be the guy in charge of the Ghostbusters reboot. Ugh... :ugh:

Reactions: psychoscot
Saw an advance screening of Spy for free this evening, thought it was pretty good :) - if it ever gets released in Steelbook form I'll no doubt pick it up.
Personally I liked Rose Byrne & Jude Law's characters/performances the best.

General screenings start June 5th now (the date posted in OP is incorrect).

Last edited:
Reactions: Drum18 and kaw
Melissa McCarthy is NOT funny! Had to sit through The Heat as a friend wanted to see it and Thank God for Sandra who is always at least watchable because she was the only redeeming thing about it.

Hollywood please stop Paul Feig directing any more films, and the fact you handed him Ghostbusters is just an abomination waiting to happen. The Heat was garbage as was Bridesmaids which was just a very poor Hangover copy.

Reactions: tridon
Agreed, McCarthy is not funny in any way shape or form! The wife wants to go and watch this over the weekend :wtf: