The Man from U.N.C.L.E - In theaters August 14, 2015

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (2015)

Tagline: A Higher Class of Hero.

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Guy Ritchie[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Henry Cavill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Armie Hammer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alicia Vikander[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Elizabeth Debicki[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jared Harris[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hugh Grant[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Luca Calvani[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-08-14[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: In the early 1960s, CIA agent Napoleon Solo and KGB operative Illya Kuryakin participate in a joint mission against a mysterious criminal organization, which is working to proliferate nuclear weapons.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
5ttOaThDVmTpV8iragbrhdfxEep.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

IMDB
Directed by: Guy Richie (Snatch)
Starring: Henry Cavill (Man of Steel), Armie Hammer (The Social Network), Hugh Grant (Notting Hill), Jared Harris (Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows)

Trailer:

Last edited:
This looks ok, not sure tho. I'll still give it a go. Cavill looks good in it

In the early 1960s, CIA agent Napoleon Solo and KGB operative Illya Kuryakin participate in a joint mission against a mysterious criminal organization, which is working to proliferate nuclear weapons.

Directed by Guy Ritchie

Starring Henry Cavill, Armie Hammer and Alicia Vikander

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
Pretty entertaining and stylish movie. I thought they had a few good humorous scenes and fun characters to follow. Cavill may get some slack about his portrayal of Solo, but imo he seems on point to the TV version of the same character. Bear in mind, I have never seen the TV show and only recently watched a few short Youtube clips, but I think Cavill mirrors Robert Vaughn’s performance quite accurately. The delivery and mannerisms are on point, but I’m not sure if modern audiences will see that or even care about that detail.

Hammer was surprisingly good too and had some funny moments. The ladies (Alicia Vikander recently from Ex Machina and Elizabeth Debicki) were well acted and portrayed. I think Alicia Vikander and Rebecca Ferguson (from Rogue Nation) are going to be very in demand leading ladies going forward I thought Debicki particularly was a very nice James Bond like villain and didn’t know she is pretty damn tall in real life (6’3). The best parts of this movie is the banter and interactions between the characters, the style and settings of the movie and some intentionally, cheesy, humorous scenes.

However this movie was good, not great. The Guy Richie recent bit of replaying back a recent scene with more details only works effectively once here. Overusing this bit hurts the momentum of the movie and can even insult the intelligence of some audience members. And while I enjoyed the characters here, none of them are developed particularly well. Vikander and Hammer are the most layered when it really should be Solo as he’s the lead character. The action scenes were entertaining mostly because of the characters and the humor rather than the action itself. I could have used more spy elements and a better last action set piece.

Overall, this is definitely the most stylistic and sexy spy movie of the year and I would recommend it for action fans that enjoy some cheese and skin to their movies.

Yeah not even the worldwide gross is enough, 87 mil for a 120 mil budget. Let's hope the blu-ray sales help in some way. Would have loved to see a sequel.
To qualify as "bomb", the US revenue need to be lower than the entire budget.