Mechanic: Resurrection - In theaters August 26, 2016

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Mechanic: Resurrection (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Dennis Gansel[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Jason Statham[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jessica Alba[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tommy Lee Jones[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michelle Yeoh[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Natalie Burn[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Yayaying Rhatha Phongam[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sam Hazeldine[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2016-08-25[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Arthur Bishop thought he had put his murderous past behind him when his most formidable foe kidnaps the love of his life. Now he is forced to travel the globe to complete three impossible assassinations, and do what he does best, make them look like accidents.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
g2BiFeMGWtJUbT1fSLEaqokXbEl.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:
With: Jason Statham, Jessica Alba, Tommy Lee Jones and more...
Arthur Bishop thought he had put his murderous past behind him when his most formidable foe kidnaps the love of his life. Now he is forced to travel the globe to complete three impossible assassinations, and do what he does best, make them look like accidents.

HDN article here.

Collider had an interview with Jason earlier last week, talking about Furious Seven and his other upcoming movie Spy and during that interview, he mentioned having wrapped up shooting Mechanic: Resurrection in Thailand.

You can read the full interview here, or check the screenshot herewith.

Screen Shot 2015-04-06 at 12.42.55.png

Screen Shot 2015-04-06 at 12.45.48.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Color me excited for this. And with the likes of Tommy Lee Jones, Jessica Alba and Michelle Yeoh on board, this sounds promising. :)

Mechanic was one of the recent good Statham movies. For those like me that loved John Wick; there's a few John Wick gun fu moves in the first movie. Looking forward to the second movie, especially with the good supporting cast.

I wish I could have loved the 1st one, but I didn't.
Loved the character, loved the story but HATED the apprentice played by Ben Foster. I'm a Statham fan so... I hope for the best!

Agreed, the Ben Foster character was very unlikeable. I will say that hand to hand fight scene versus the huge guy was pretty interesting.
If they were ambitious, they could have gone with Statham and Foster doing a complete movie together as reluctant partners and the sequel would be fleshing out and detailing their falling out.

Do love a good ol statham action film,

Will be awful but entertaining action

And Alba is incredible looking, ever since idles hands to Nancy to her getting her bum slapped and watching it jiggle underwater in into the blue :drool:

(but I agree she's not a good actress apart from the first sin city)