luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release Date: TBA, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon UK
Zavvi
Price: £18.99 (Amazon) - £21.99 TBC (Zavvi)

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

Part of the Star Wars collection: I, II, III, IV, V, VI - Purchase here
zcomplete.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope they are a tenner, bracing myself for £17.99 each for 3 films I now own 3 times on 2 formats yet would be happy to never watch again.. Damn the completist in me.... The OT however I'd would happily buy again when you own the trilogy 7 times already you might as well buy an 8th ;)

wow defo giving this a miss, got the original trilogy steel already and skipped episode 1-3 steel as *cough* *courubbishgh*! If someone did a full slip of the original trilogy I would defiantely be in though!!

Hope they are a tenner, bracing myself for £17.99 each for 3 films I now own 3 times on 2 formats yet would be happy to never watch again.. Damn the completist in me.... The OT however I'd would happily buy again when you own the trilogy 7 times already you might as well buy an 8th ;)

I'm sort of in the same boat.

I have them numerous times still on VHS - including a sealed copy of the first ever retail version, as well as the silver DVD boxset and the prequel & original trilogy already in their respective steelbook sets. As much as I like the look of these (although theatrical poster art would have been better), there's no way I can bring myself to buy them again.

If they had been 2-disc sets with the available Blu-ray and a digitally remastered Blu-ray of the unaltered versions (of the OT) then yes, I'd buy them. Until then, thanks but no thanks.

Must admit these make a v. nice matching set but after having bought the 2011 Limited Edition Complete Saga and those 2 steelbooks with all 6 films inside a year or so after that I personally find it hard to justify the cost of another approx. GBP 100 for these selfsame discs yet again.
If not exclusive to any one retailer (Zavvi) or limited to anything under 4,000 I see no reason why these cannot be picked up for under a tenner at some future point.

Must admit these make a v. nice matching set but after having bought the 2011 Limited Edition Complete Saga and those 2 steelbooks with all 6 films inside a year or so after that I personally find it hard to justify the cost of another approx. GBP 100 for these selfsame discs yet again.
If not exclusive to any one retailer (Zavvi) or limited to anything under 4,000 I see no reason why these cannot be picked up for under a tenner at some future point.
Its Star Wars these will still sell very well
Print run is unknown but I expect these to sell out at some stage especially with the new film getting released in December

Star wars is very collectible
The previous 2 trilogy steelbooks are a high price now and they sold fast when they came out
Individually they cost more than the 9 disc Limited Edition Complete Saga box set

The new Box set re release 9 discs is the same content as previous Limited Edition Complete Saga box set 9 discs just with new artwork and packaging style

Last edited:
There's another boxset coming - surely not - unless and until it contains 'Star Wars: Episode 7' too ?

Then we can have new complete box sets every year including episodes 8, 9, 10 etc. and have a 'Fast and Furious' / 'X-Men' type situation . . .

Last edited:
There's another boxset coming - surely not ?
Yes
The Complete Saga includes all six feature films on Blu-ray, along with three additional discs containing more than 40 hours of previously-released extensive special features.

9 Discs
6 Discs the Films
3 Extras Discs
star-wars-complete-saga.jpg

The Steelbooks releases each will just have 1 Disc (No extras Discs)

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the 'Complete Saga' from 2011 also have 9 discs?
Yes 9 Discs so does the re release box set 9 discs exact same content just new artwork of Darth Vader

2011 Complete Saga Box Set
Films on 6 Discs
Extras on 3 Discs

New Complete Saga Box Set is the same as 2011 just with new artwork
The new Complete Saga Box set is been released before the steelbook releases

Last edited: